My new friend

Warrior Poet

A Legendary Outlaw
Jun 25, 2003
Sunny SoCal, In a city named after a fruit. Cake.
✟17,965.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Congrats to you WT.....I know the feeling. Its a darn good one, we have been haging out for about 6 months now, and easily is my bestfriend at this point we had a great summer. Well keep the friendship alive and the rest falls into place, good luck and have fun.

Warrior Poet

Upvote 0

DaveKerwin

Represent the Most High
May 31, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟21,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I started my current relationship, I was very cautious to not get all wierd about it, and to keep God first. It has been difficult, but well worth it.

Just a reminder. Guard your heart. Do not awaken love before its time. Take it slow, pray, and take it slow ;)

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Blooming excellent advice, Dave - wish I'd known that some time ago!!!

Still, I'm putting it into practice now, and it will hopefully be fruitful.

Lots of love and best wishes to you, White Tiger! I'll be praying for you too, whilst I pray for my own strength and esteem to be as healthy in my attitude to my relationship a Dave suggests!

Upvote 0

DaveKerwin

Represent the Most High
May 31, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟21,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our natural tendency is to hand our heart over on a platter to our significant other (this is done during the dating period, which is much too soon). Also, love is brought into the scene too early in most relationships. I think dating is to discover whether the person would be equally yoked with you or not. If you find yourself completely awed by the person after you know you are equal, then get married. Officially hand over your heart, and awaken love. I can't wait. Well, I can wait, but you know what I mean ;)

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
DaveKerwin said:
Our natural tendency is to hand our heart over on a platter to our significant other (this is done during the dating period, which is much too soon). Also, love is brought into the scene too early in most relationships. I think dating is to discover whether the person would be equally yoked with you or not. If you find yourself completely awed by the person after you know you are equal, then get married. Officially hand over your heart, and awaken love. I can't wait. Well, I can wait, but you know what I mean ;)

You know what Dave, this is awesome advice. I am terribly guilty of "handing over my heart on a platter", but I honestly think it is just my personality. I agree that love is brought into the scene much too early and I have a hard time understanding how so many people can go around claiming to be in love with someone after only a few dates. I think in MOST cases, it isn't "in love" but "in like" or "in lust". I have been very, very cautious of that in my previous relationships. Unfortunately, I am guilty of probably too much trust and hope...yup, hopeless romantic here...and it often causes me to get hurt because I have "handed my heart" too soon - and by that, I do not necessarily mean "love". However, what you said makes absolute sense and I can tell you that it is something that I will remember for as long as it takes! Thanks for the reminder! :)

Upvote 0