In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for correcting me on the Yeminis and on Cleopatra. Our classifications of race I agree don't make sense sometimes. I guess in a way, everyone's is. Where are you from as you mentioned traditional European ones?
South Africa. We have our own problems with racial classification, which can be quite arbitrary. When Apartheid was established, often three brothers were classed as different races.
Speaking of the classifications, what is or are the best genetic information and illustrations that I could look for? You mentioned the Ancient Egyptians were a Caucasoid people, no? Many Americans see Ethiopians, maybe even Yemenis, as Negroid or Semitics, not Caucasoid as I have mentioned before. Is Caucasoid about bone structure and/or genetics?
Caucasoid genetic markers have not been conclusively found, but neither has there been such markers for other racial groups except extremely limited gene pools like Askenazi Jews.
It is based on phenotype, mostly bone structure, nasal configuration, eye width, body form etc.along with known cultural connections. This is because these characteristics are not wholly the property of any racial group and tend to be present in a spectrum.
There are genetic propensities more common in Caucasoids, but they tend not to be explicitly so - meaning that if present it is more likely the genome belongs to a Caucasoid but not definitively. These are for instance things like Lactase genes or certain blood groups (A and AB. B is more associated with Asia. But all the blood groups are present in all the races).

This is also true for other racial groups. For instance Negroids respond more effectively to diuretic therapy to lower your blood pressure than Caucasoids and tend to bare malaria infections better.

Semitics are also Caucasoid, as are Ethiopians, Turkic peoples and Indians (South Asians). Caucasian is a subtype of Caucasoid, being mostly the Europeans, hence its use as shorthand for whites.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, dark Caucasoid. Like lighter East Africans, but darker than the current Egyptians.
Caucasian is a subtype of Caucasoid as in Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Australoid. So its not exactly the same, they are a different subtype. Their features were closer to Middle-Eastern features than European. However, remember these subtypes must be taken with a pinch of salt as there are always outliers and groups that don't follow the trend in the population or have other genetic admixtures as well.
If you go back to your original pictures, your Nubian children and East African woman mixed with those Yemeni Jews is essentially how they would have looked.

Just Genesis : The Ethnicity of Abraham and David

The Egyptians were reddish-brown, dark brown and black. The Edomites were lighter with dark wavy hair and a reddish skin tone. David is described as having a red skin tone, reflecting his connection to the Horites of Edom. The Ainu (Anu) were lighter with a reddish tone and some had green eyes. Ainu rulers wore beards.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
What does an "American" look like? What "race" are the citizens of the United States?

The truth is that for literally thousands of years, Egypt was a sea hub where many different societies converged so the society would be like the US, a mix of many different people and cultures. The library of Alexandria was a WORLD library which had all the most precious writings of the world including works by the Greek philosophers. Even the various pharaohs were of different cultures and not just a consistent family line that continued for thousands of years.

Also, Egypt is ancient to the beginnings of time so that the citizens would have been closer in genetics to Adam & Eve or at least Noah & Mrs Noah. The closer we get to Adam and Eve, the more diverse the genes of each individual must be because every unmutated gene in any human being had to have its origin in the original two people. So the darkest Negroid people have the same genetic origins as the palest Causasian...and Adam and Eve have had to possess both genes for dark and light skinned people...straight hair and kinky...etc. I heard one person discuss the anticipation that Adam and Eve must have had with each pregnancy just wondering what this baby would look like since each baby should have been so dramatically different the previous one....a dark almost black skin baby followed by a fair redheaded one followed by a caramel brunette...and so on.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Lik3...we have the same hobby of looking at people's faces and wondering how the different looks relate. Before I moved, I had a scrapbook of faces cut from National Geographic magazines which I used to try to trace genetic lines to connect how people moved around the world over time. I am too busy being a mom at this time but don't doubt one bit that when I am alone again, I will start again as part of my genealogy library. My dream is to have a room devoted to the study of people and cultures over history...and since man was made in God's image, I believe that this is a way of studying God and God's nature too.

• Agree
Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
What we look like doesn't necessarily identify who we are. Here are three separate sets of twins. Each twin is exactly the same "race" as her twin sister because they have the same parents and came out of the same womb at the same time. Which one is the "right" appearance for her race?

W
main-qimg-cf06bd192a1ea3e2298fe4b07f7f24b2-c

main-qimg-c12d83edc6af393c83f061771729aa7a-c

main-qimg-64aefcdb6207fe9b0987e35abf880ba7-c

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,589.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, dark Caucasoid. Like lighter East Africans, but darker than the current Egyptians.
Caucasian is a subtype of Caucasoid as in Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Australoid. So its not exactly the same, they are a different subtype. Their features were closer to Middle-Eastern features than European. However, remember these subtypes must be taken with a pinch of salt as there are always outliers and groups that don't follow the trend in the population or have other genetic admixtures as well.
If you go back to your original pictures, your Nubian children and East African woman mixed with those Yemeni Jews is essentially how they would have looked.

Isn't Caucasoid and Caucasian the same thing?

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
It was determine when genealogist looked up the bones of the pharaoh that it was of Nubian decent. Even all the art on the Pyramids and tombs where depicting the heads of people with Afrocentric hair, they did not look like middle eastern, European or dark European people, its such a shame that the everyone is trying to denounce the true Ancient Egyptian people, they looked like Africans today from south Africa, when mixing with other cultures when then ofcourse there were other variations like there is today. Why hate the hair that rises to the sun, white dislike the features of the African culture. Ancient Egyptians which reside in Africa which are Africans, again I must say they are Africans they live in Africa and looked like Africans. They are always trying to describe Egypt as if it is separate from Africa, because so much knowledge has come from there. They evented the Paper, Ink, tooth paste, and tooth brushes and the beginning of Astronomy etc... Accept the truth or continue to be lost. This is really common sense. Its as if people just don't want their mind to believe it or black is beautiful, black is also highly intelligent, they are not 'savages who needed saving'. Curly, Kinky hair was made for the region, for survival. Its science people.

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
Caucasian is a subtype of Caucasoid. North Indians and East Africans are Caucasoid, but few would term them Caucasian.
That is not true of Ancient Egyptians, they were African and looked like Nubians. After a lot of "white washing" and destroying of documents and recreating and transforming the art, religion and what is depicted in movies, you were all trained to believe other wise. There hair was of Nubian texture, as well as the noses. It is depicted in the Ancient Egyptian art. It was proven by genealogist that the Pharaoh is of Nubian decent. Its science and hard for those of Caucasian decent to believe otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
Isn't Caucasoid and Caucasian the same thing?
Ancient Egyptians were African and looked like Nubians. After a lot of "white washing" and destroying of documents and recreating and transforming the art, religion and what is depicted in movies, you were all trained to believe other wise. There hair was of Nubian texture, as well as the noses. It is depicted in the Ancient Egyptian art. It was proven by genealogist that the Pharaoh is of Nubian decent. Its science and hard for those of Caucasian decent to believe otherwise.

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
Thank you for correcting me on the Yeminis and on Cleopatra. Our classifications of race I agree don't make sense sometimes. I guess in a way, everyone's is. Where are you from as you mentioned traditional European ones? Speaking of the classifications, what is or are the best genetic information and illustrations that I could look for? You mentioned the Ancient Egyptians were a Caucasoid people, no? Many Americans see Ethiopians, maybe even Yemenis, as Negroid or Semitics, not Caucasoid as I have mentioned before. Is Caucasoid about bone structure and/or genetics?
It was determine when genealogist looked up the bones of the pharaoh that it was of Nubian decent. Even all the art on the Pyramids and tombs where depicting the heads of people with Afrocentric hair, they did not look like middle eastern, European or dark European people, its such a shame that the everyone is trying to denounce the true Ancient Egyptian people, they looked like Africans today from south Africa, when mixing with other cultures when then ofcourse there were other variations like there is today. Why hate the hair that rises to the sun, white dislike the features of the African culture. Ancient Egyptians which reside in Africa which are Africans, again I must say they are Africans they live in Africa and looked like Africans. They are always trying to describe Egypt as if it is separate from Africa, because so much knowledge has come from there. They evented the Paper, Ink, tooth paste, and tooth brushes and the beginning of Astronomy etc... Accept the truth or continue to be lost. This is really common sense. Its as if people just don't want their mind to believe it or black is beautiful, black is also highly intelligent, they are not 'savages who needed saving'. Curly, Kinky hair was made for the region, for survival. Its science people.

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced

TAncient Egyptians, were African and looked like Nubians. After a lot of "white washing" and destroying of documents and recreating and transforming the art, religion and what is depicted in movies, you were all trained to believe other wise. There hair was of Nubian texture, as well as the noses. It is depicted in the Ancient Egyptian art. It was proven by genealogist that the Pharaoh is of Nubian decent. Its science and hard for those of Caucasian decent to believe otherwise.

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
What does an "American" look like? What "race" are the citizens of the United States?

The truth is that for literally thousands of years, Egypt was a sea hub where many different societies converged so the society would be like the US, a mix of many different people and cultures. The library of Alexandria was a WORLD library which had all the most precious writings of the world including works by the Greek philosophers. Even the various pharaohs were of different cultures and not just a consistent family line that continued for thousands of years.

Also, Egypt is ancient to the beginnings of time so that the citizens would have been closer in genetics to Adam & Eve or at least Noah & Mrs Noah. The closer we get to Adam and Eve, the more diverse the genes of each individual must be because every unmutated gene in any human being had to have its origin in the original two people. So the darkest Negroid people have the same genetic origins as the palest Causasian...and Adam and Eve have had to possess both genes for dark and light skinned people...straight hair and kinky...etc. I heard one person discuss the anticipation that Adam and Eve must have had with each pregnancy just wondering what this baby would look like since each baby should have been so dramatically different the previous one....a dark almost black skin baby followed by a fair redheaded one followed by a caramel brunette...and so on.

That is not true of Ancient Egyptians, they were African and looked like Nubians. After a lot of "white washing" and destroying of documents and recreating and transforming the art, religion and what is depicted in movies, you were all trained to believe other wise. There hair was of Nubian texture, as well as the noses. It is depicted in the Ancient Egyptian art. It was proven by genealogist that the Pharaoh is of Nubian decent. Its science and hard for those of Caucasian decent to believe otherwise.

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
I see what you are saying. I read your post in its entirety. Thank you for your responses.

They were just trying to do, rid the world of the truth through apartheid and what happened in Rowanda. This was the white washing, removing traces of black and to create narrative that Caucasian people or people with those features were superior. Don't be controlled and what is depicted in the media.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟813,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Meme@7416 , just as an FYI, you have revived a thread that has been dead for over 5 years and several of the people you are replying to have not been on the site for years or have previously had their accounts deactivated. No need to repeat the same things in each post/reply :)

That said, you are right, many of the ancient Egyptians were from Nubia or south. I am not sure why some people have such a difficult time accepting that. I think that it has become less of an issue for "Caucasian" people to accept over the last few decades, but some are of course still ignorant.

But the term "ancient Egyptian" is not really narrow enough as it encompasses a culture and society that spanned millennia. Most of the oldest Egyptians were from the Upper Nile, some of the "ancient" Egyptians were from the Levant, some like the Hycsos were likely from elsewhere in the Mediterranean or Semitic areas and Asia. As the centuries went on the Greeks were incorporated into the area. Further, Egypt itself was multi-cultural and contained many different races and cultures.

During different periods in that exceedingly long history the country has been ruled or dominated by many different "races" is what I am getting at.

So like it would be incorrect to say they were "Caucasian" or "white", it would be incorrect to assume they were all of Nubian descent. The real answer is more nuanced and we should celebrate that nuance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
I am writing today about the ancient Egyptians. Why is there such a big deal as to what "race" they are? According to drawings, I doubt that they were European even European Mediterranean peoples like that Spanish and Italian. Egypt is a North African country, where you will find black Africans and Middle Easterners who are North Africans. I say this because the Arabs came later. The ancients were a brown-skinned North African people, yet the Nubians were, and still are, a black African people. Interestingly enough, why are they pictured as Europeans in Hollywood movies? Is it because ancient Egypt was an advanced empire often shrouded in mystery? The Greeks knew about the Ethiopians and Egyptians and that was an extremely long time ago. I would picture the ancient Egyptian to look like they did in their illustrations:

Anglo-Egyptian_Sudan_Nubian_woman.jpg
Nubian woman

5579793186_cc34520428.jpg
Nubian children from Egypt and Sudan

5041334656_9d4483d51c_b.jpg
Nubian children

ccff89018c40b21f5971ec3c0e9b3206.jpg
Young Oromo Girl (eastern African)

60f765ee670347eeb6644c13a02fe9d0.jpg
Lady from the Horn of Africa ( (Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia)

Half+Eritrean+half+Serbian.jpg
Young lady of Eritrean and East European descent

135962814771246032a_b.jpg
Yemeni Jews

2.jpg
Young man of Turkish Cypriot and Turkish descent

8313185853_36564e6aff_o.jpg
Egyptian woman

b215923036.jpg
Indian Woman

I know that the ancient Egyptians are an African-Semitic people and not even Indian, Greek, Turkish, or a Cypriot. I am not sure if they were fully black as us Americans see them. I doubt that they were fully European since they were an African-Semitic people. They would not look like Elizabeth Taylor, Billy Zane, or Christian Bale. They would look more like the people above. I also doubt that they looked African American since our ancestors are mostly West and Central African. There is a world of difference, especially since Africa isn't a big country but a large continent with a lot of diversity. That is how I imagine the Ancient Egyptians look.

Ancient Egyptians were African and looked like Nubians. After a lot of "white washing" and destroying of documents and recreating and transforming the art, religion and what is depicted in movies, you were all trained to believe other wise. There hair was of Nubian texture, as well as the noses. It is depicted in the Ancient Egyptian art. It was proven by genealogist that the Pharaoh is of Nubian decent. Its science and hard for those of Caucasian decent to believe otherwise.

They were just trying to do, rid the world of the truth through apartheid and what happened in Rowanda. This was the white washing, removing traces of black and to create narrative that Caucasian people or people with those features were superior. Don't be controlled and what is depicted in the media.

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
Could anyone post true genetic and other information to support your claim or at least my claim. I guess it is ironic for me to post this, but I just want to know. Also, what is the big deal with what race or color they are? The same goes for the Jews, which is a culture and religion. There are many black Jews as well as white Jews as well as North African/Middle Eastern Jews. So what is the big deal about them as well? The Ancient Egyptians look to be a Semitic/Caucasian/Negro(Horner) mix or each combination of the three to me. By the way, are Semites Caucasoid or are they a separate race from European Caucasoids; or are they intermediates between Europeans and black Africans? Maybe I did use too many colors. Do those who are "Horners" refer to Sub Saharan Africans as "Bantus"?

This is why>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ancient Egyptians, they were African and looked like Nubians. After a lot of "white washing" and destroying of documents and recreating and transforming the art, religion and what is depicted in movies, you were all trained to believe other wise. There hair was of Nubian texture, as well as the noses. It is depicted in the Ancient Egyptian art. It was proven by genealogist that the Pharaoh is of Nubian decent. Its science and hard for those of Caucasian decent to believe otherwise.

Upvote 0

Meme@7416

Jun 14, 2022
Raleigh
✟15,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Divorced
@Meme@7416 , just as an FYI, you have revived a thread that has been dead for over 5 years and several of the people you are replying to have not been on the site for years or have previously had their accounts deactivated. No need to repeat the same things in each post/reply :)

That said, you are right, many of the ancient Egyptians were from Nubia or south. I am not sure why some people have such a difficult time accepting that. I think that it has become less of an issue for "Caucasian" people to accept over the last few decades, but some are of course still ignorant.

But the term "ancient Egyptian" is not really narrow enough as it encompasses a culture and society that spanned millennia. Most of the oldest Egyptians were from the Upper Nile, some of the "ancient" Egyptians were from the Levant, some like the Hycsos were likely from elsewhere in the Mediterranean or Semitic areas and Asia. As the centuries went on the Greeks were incorporated into the area. Further, Egypt itself was multi-cultural and contained many different races and cultures.

During different periods in that exceedingly long history the country has been ruled or dominated by many different "races" is what I am getting at.

So like it would be incorrect to say they were "Caucasian" or "white", it would be incorrect to assume they were all of Nubian descent. The real answer is more nuanced and we should celebrate that nuance.

No need to respond to my post, respectfully!

Upvote 0