Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
IOW, you just avoid the question and proved his point, you did not actually have any understanding of what evolution really was in the first place. So when you saw evidence that proved what you *thought* was evolution wrong you took it to mean that evolution itself is wrong.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Today at 10:09 AM Follower of Christ said this in Post #38

That ''strawman'' term aggitates me to no end.
The whole evolution ''theory'' is a ''strawman''.

None can absolutely prove their accounts either way.

I don't think you understand what a strawman is. If someone said, "I like puppies," and I started saying that he wanted to marry puppies, I would be using a strawman, because I am misrepresenting what someone or something says. If I say, "puppies are eight foot tall monsters," I would be spreading falsehood and possibly lying, but since not misrepresenting what someone says.

Upvote 0

Follower of Christ

Literal 6 Day Creationist<br />''An Evening and a
Mar 12, 2003
✟7,754.00
Faith
Christian

Well, I am glad that you all have concluded that I know (or knew) nothing of evolution.

I also have noticed that noone has presented any evidence for me to try to fit into my young earth belief.

Which leaves me believing that you dont understand evolution yourselves or you could surely come up with something to present.

It is VERY common among athiests evolutionsist to resort to personal attacks pointing out credentials or other irrelevant issues in order to keep from having to prove their stance.

I should have expected the same here.

My personal habits and studies have nothing to do with this issue.
If you dont think I know enough about evolution theory, prove your point and present your evidence.

I will not bother responding to further posts that dodge the issue and point out my supposed lack of education

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.