Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not LCMS, either, and I've not seen it. However, I, too, collect hymnals. Good to know that I'm not alone in doing that! (Actually, I've met others who do that by now, but I don't feel so weird about doing it when I know there are more who do, too!)

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

KEPLER

Crux sola est nostra theologia
Mar 23, 2005
3rd Rock from the Sun
✟12,398.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
All I know is that it contains my all-time favorite Episcopal hymn, "I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light". That hymn is (IMHO) the best attempt we will ever see (this side of Glory) to capture both Transcendence and an experiential piety in one hymn. I am a Traditionalist myself, so (erring on teh side of caution) I tend to lean towards the transcendent stuff myself...but this hymn is good. Very good. It can be done with a Pipe Organ or a "Praise band" and is fitting for virtually any high festival.

Upvote 0

KagomeShuko

Wretched Sinner/Belovèd Child of God/Church Nerd
Sep 6, 2004
Lake Charles, LA
Visit site
✟29,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
KEPLER, that is a good hymn! I've known it for quite a few years now. We used to have Sunday evening services that started with a "jam session" as in anybody could play an instrument and we'd choose the hymns then and we'd just get together for praise and worship.

Stein Auf!
Bridget

Upvote 0

RedneckAnglican

Once again...the Outsyder...
Feb 5, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
Visit site
✟20,899.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
KEPLER said:
All I know is that it contains my all-time favorite Episcopal hymn, "I Want to Walk as a Child of the Light". That hymn is (IMHO) the best attempt we will ever see (this side of Glory) to capture both Transcendence and an experiential piety in one hymn. I am a Traditionalist myself, so (erring on teh side of caution) I tend to lean towards the transcendent stuff myself...but this hymn is good. Very good. It can be done with a Pipe Organ or a "Praise band" and is fitting for virtually any high festival.

used to play that one on a regular basis when I was Episcopalian...that is a good one...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.