Lost and Broken...confused and unable to pray...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutters

Jul 5, 2009
England, good ol' land of terrible weather extreme
✟15,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
i've tried, but recently i've hit a huge road block and i have no ideaa how to get through. i mean i know i should invite God into my problems, Heavens - i used to invite him so much into everything i did. now i know i need him more than ever, but i just can't do it. i mean i can't even pray anymore...it just doesn't happen.

aha, this is such an awful message to open with, this is my first post and i am already moaning ^_^ but that's why i joined this community, to meet new people, figuratively speaking. and to maybe find friends that i can find trust and that can keep correspondance , not just about the follies of a growing young adult - especially as i don't get the spiritual support from my family, well they don't give any support...but that is neither here nor there...and my church is so great. but everyoen there is good friends, not the sort you can really talk and open up to, i need someone that can take a step back and see it from a semi-distance

so yeah, get back to me if you chat, and also i can listen too, im not a one way street ahahaha XD

bless you all xox

Reactions: Nilla

newbeliever02072005

Have Courage to Trust God
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2005
WV
✟52,180.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Flutters :wave:

Welcome to CF! Glad you made your way here. :)

I really don't have anything profound to say about your situation, other than I think we all have been in a spot like you are sometime or another. It's part of faith. I urge you not to focus on that though. Get your mind on the good things that is going on in your life. The little things are sometimes where we can see God's presence. Seeing that is what builds our faith and helps us along.

Saying a little prayer for you now, that you'll find something that will help you along. That the stumbling blocks that are in front of you are pushed away.

Here is another forum that you might want to check out. Its the Teens Corner and there is a couple sections that you might want to look around in. Here is the link: Older Teens Area Ages 15-19 - Christian Forums

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll try and help if I can.

God bless :prayer:

Tracie

Upvote 0

pressingon17

Oct 20, 2007
Nor Cal
✟20,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm in the same boat,just having a horrible relationship with Jesus right now.I think Satan's just doing little things in my life to make it really hard to do the Youth Ministry I'm involved in and my calling into the ministry.But just try to pray and God knows your problems,and read your Bible,it helps me on my worst days.

Upvote 0

renee09

Jun 3, 2007
in my beloved country
✟8,901.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hey there,
i been having this problem, on and off at times. but i would suggest doing things that bring you to the Lord and help you to feel His presence in life. For me, this would be listening to music and praising Him. You might also want to find an accountability partner and maybe your pastor to talk to. sometimes that helps. i was just at a retreat and that helps a lot. But if you need anything or just someone to talk to, find me. :)

Upvote 0

Maximus_Light

Jul 19, 2009
✟15,113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's always been my experience that when there is something in your life, especially struggles, God will meet you wherever you are in them. Talking to others helps a lot, sometimes even a good cry does wonders because after you've calmed down you can start to think about how you felt those things and why.

Praying

Upvote 0
M

mhoelzer2988

I've found I've also ran into this same road block. I used to be so close to God. I went to church all the time, prayed all the time, etc. Now I don't go to church and I hardly every pray and if I do, it's only when things aren't going my way. I guess my answer would be to start going to church but it's harder when your married and your husband doesn't have a desire to go either. I don't want to go alone. I want to go to church as a family. I've seen married women go to church without their spouse and it just looks so weird. It's like people automatically know your husband has no desire to go to church and he's not a very good man for not going with his wife. Anyways, your problem is probably a lot easier to fix than mine because your already going to church. You are already taking the right step in putting yourself around Godly people, unlike me. Maybe if you make yourself start praying, you will get to where you want to do it the more you make yourself. I really don't know the right answer. It's hard for me to answer your question when I don't even have one for myself. Just thought I'd leave a post anyways saying I can relate to what your going through and that your not alone. :hug:

Upvote 0

Chlynn

Understood
Aug 3, 2009
Beddd
Visit site
✟7,633.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey hun, I'm prayin' for you.

I had the problems you had, but kinda different. My thing was, I didn't understand getting down on my knees and praying like that. Instead I realised to say goodmorning and talk to God all day. And it's worked for me. Now whenever I think something, I speak to God for a moment, and just keep going. Kinda like a quick reply prayer of sorts. He knows all, and I'm the most stuborn person, so there are many days when I can't bring myself to talk with him. You just need to remember, He's always there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Klesk

Aug 4, 2009
NC
✟15,223.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I understand. I’m sort of stuck in that hole at the moment as well. You feel like you shouldn’t be allowed to talk to God, and when you try, you don’t know what to say or if He’s even listening. I think the great thing about reading other peoples posts on here is that the solution seems obvious when someone else is going through tough times; and when you can relate and when you’re going through the same thing at the same time, you can apply the solution to yourself… if that makes any sense at all :p We just have to keep moving through it, and keep praying even if it seems hard to do. I try to look at it as a test.

I’ll keep you in my prayers, and my inbox is always open

Upvote 0

Flutters

Jul 5, 2009
England, good ol' land of terrible weather extreme
✟15,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
ahaha no it doesn't sound dumb ! i actually like that metaphor...i do love a good metaphor ^^

since i posted this i have got on my knees and prayed, and have found He is helping me through some tough stuff going on...i love the saying, well the idea, that Gos sends hardship and struggles to bring those straying, or His children in general, straight back to Him...

i think this is what happened here, things don't just happen, coincidences are - i quote a very close friend of mine now P: - they are God-incidents!!

it's cheesy but soooo beautiful ^^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.