✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It IS silly.
We were talking about Job's friends and you suddenly said "they were fat, like 1 Corinthians 4". Not only does that not make sense, it is not in Scripture and not relevant.
Jobs friends were fat like 1 Co 4.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why didn't James talk about how self righteous Job was? He didn't turn Job into a lesson on self righteousness but patience in suffering.

James 5:8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord [f]is at hand.

9 Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! 10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience.

11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord—that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,066,915.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry about being hard to deal with. I have issues with things. My apologies.
No problem.
I just wasn't sure where you were going with your posts.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I apologize but you seem to mock me in some way?
No my friend, I am demonstrating that your posts are not any more germane to the topic than my obscure examples are.

The most effective form of debate is to use scripture and full sentences that present point or counter point to a subject.

I was not insulting you - I was trying to get your attention. I hope I have and we can have a more product for of communication in the future.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0