some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
READER'S VESPERS
(Vespers without a Priest)

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy upon us and save us. Amen.

TRISAGION
Holy God; Holy mighty; Holy immortal: have mercy on us. (Thrice)

Glory... Both now....

All-Holy Trinity, have mercy on us. Lord, cleanse us from our sins. Master, pardon our iniquities. Holy God, visit and heal our infirmities for Thy name’s sake.

Lord, have mercy (thrice)

Glory… Both now…

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy upon us and save us. Amen.

Lord, have mercy (twelve times)

Glory... Both now...

O Come, let us worship and fall down before God, our King. (metania)
O Come, let us worship and fall down before Christ, our King and our God. (metania)
O Come, let us worship and fall down before Christ Himself, our King and our God. (metania)

THE PROËMIAKÓN
(Psalm 103)
Bless the Lord, O my soul; O Lord my God, Thou hast been magnified exceedingly. Confession and majesty hast Thou put on, Who coverest Thyself with light as with a garment, Who stretchest out the heaven as it were a curtain; Who supporteth His chambers in the waters, Who appointeth the clouds for His ascent, Who walketh upon the wings of the winds, Who maketh His angels spirits, and His ministers a flame of fire, Who establisheth the earth in the sureness thereof; it shall not be turned back for ever and ever. The abyss like a garment is His mantle; upon the mountains shall the waters stand. At Thy rebuke they will flee, at the voice of Thy thunder shall they be afraid. The mountains rise up and the plains sink down, unto the place where Thou hast established them. Thou appointedst a bound that they shall not pass, neither return to cover the earth. He sendeth forth springs in the valleys; between the mountains will the waters run. They shall give drink to all the beasts of the field; the wild asses will wait to quench their thirst. Beside them will the birds of the heaven lodge, from the midst of the rocks will they give voice. He watereth the mountains from His chambers; the earth shall be satisfied with the fruit of Thy works. He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and green herb for the service of men, To bring forth bread out of the earth; and wine maketh glad the heart of man. To make his face cheerful with oil; and bread strengtheneth man's heart. The trees of the plain shall be satisfied, the cedars of Lebanon, which Thou hast planted. There will the sparrows make their nests; the house of the heron is chief among them. The high mountains are a refuge for the harts, and so is the rock for the hares. He hath made the moon for seasons; the sun knoweth his going down. Thou appointedst the darkness, and there was the night, wherein all the beasts of the forest will go abroad. Young lions roaring after their prey, and seeking their food from God. The sun ariseth, and they are gathered together, and they lay them down in their dens. But man shall go forth unto his work, and to his labour until the evening. How magnified are Thy works, O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all; the earth is filled with Thy creation. So is this great and spacious sea, therein are things creeping innumerable, small living creatures with the great. There go the ships; there this dragon, whom Thou hast made to play therein. All things wait on Thee, to give them their food in due season; when Thou givest it them, they will gather it. When Thou openest Thy hand, all things shall be filled with goodness; when Thou turnest away Thy face, they shall be troubled. Thou wilt take their spirit, and they shall cease; and unto their dust shall they return. Thou wilt send forth Thy Spirit, and they shall be created; and Thou shalt renew the face of the earth. Let the glory of the Lord be unto the ages; the Lord will rejoice in His works. Who looketh on the earth and maketh it tremble, Who toucheth the mountains and they smoke. I will sing unto the Lord throughout my life, I will chant to my God for as long as I have my being. May my words be sweet unto Him, and I will rejoice in the Lord. O that sinners would cease from the earth, and they that work iniquity, that they should be no more. Bless the Lord, O my soul. Alleluia. The sun knoweth his going down. Thou appointedst the darkness, and there was the night. How magnified are Thy works, O Lord! In wisdom hast Thou made them all

Glory to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia, glory to Thee, O God. (thrice)

O our God and our Hope, glory to Thee.

Lord, have mercy (forty times)

Here we may read the Psalter reading of the day. If the Psalter is read, we say afterwards “Lord, have mercy” twelve times then “Through the prayers of our holy fathers…” and then continue below. If the Psalter is not read, continue immediately below:

O LORD, I HAVE CRIED - chanted in the tone of the first sticheron
(Psalm 140)
O Lord, I have cried out unto Thee, hear Thou me. Hear Thou me, O Lord. O Lord, I have cried out unto Thee, hear Thou me; give ear to the voice of my supplication when I cry out unto Thee. Hear Thou Me. O Lord.

Let my prayer be set forth before Thee as the incense and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice. Hear Thou me, O Lord.

Set a watch, O Lord, before my mouth and a protecting door about my lips.

Incline not my heart to evil words, to make excuses in sins.

With men that work iniquity, and I will not communicate with the choicest of them.

The just man shall correct me in mercy and shall reprove me, but let not the oil of the sinner anoint my head.

For my prayer also shall still be against the things with which they are well pleased, their judges falling upon the rock have been swallowed up.

They shall hear my words for they are sweet. As when the thickness of the earth is broken upon the ground, their bones are scattered by the side of hell.

But to Thee, O Lord, Lord are mine eyes. In Thee have I put my trust; take not away my soul.

Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me, and the traps of the workers of iniquity.

Let the wicked fall into their own nets, while I alone escape.

(Psalm 141) I cried unto the Lord with my voice; with my voice unto the Lord did I make my supplication.

I poured out my supplication before Him; I showed before Him my trouble.

When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then Thou knewest my path.

In the way wherein I walked have they secretly laid a snare for me.

I looked on my right hand and beheld, but there was no one that would know me. Refuge failed me. No one cared for my soul.

I cried unto Thee, O Lord; I said Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.

Attend unto my cry, for I am brought very low.

Deliver me from my persecutors, for they are stronger than I.

Verse 10: Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise Thy name.

Verse 9: The righteous shall wait for me until Thou recompense me.

Verse 8: (Psalm 129) Out of the depths have I cried unto Thee, O Lord; Lord, hear my voice.

Verse 7: Let Thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.

Verse 6: If Thou shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, Lord, who shall stand? for with Thee there is forgiveness

Sticheron from the Parakletike

Verse 5:
Because of Thy name have I waited for Thee, O Lord; my soul hath waited upon Thy word, my soul hath hoped in the Lord.

Verse 4:
From the morning watch until night, from the morning watch let Israel hope in the Lord.

Verse 3:
For with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption; and He shall deliver Israel from all his iniquities.

Sticheron from the Menaion

Verse 2:
Praise the Lord, all ye nations; praise Him, all ye peoples.

Verse 1:
For His mercy is great toward us, and the truth of the Lord endureth forever.

Glory… Both now… Theotokion.

After the Theotokion we immediately read (or chant in tone 2 or 5) “Gladsome Light”

GLADSOME LIGHT
Gladsome Light of the holy glory of the immortal Father: Heavenly, Holy, Blessed, O Jesus Christ. Now that we have come to the setting of the sun, and behold the light of evening, we praise God Father, Son and Holy Spirit. For meet it is at all times to worship Thee with voices of praise, O Son of God, and giver of life. Therefore, all the world doth glorify Thee.

THE EVENING PROKEIMENON
The evening prokeimenon!

We chant the Prokeimenon of the day If there are any Old Testament Readings, they are read after the Prokeimenon.

THE EVENING PRAYER
Vouchsafe, O Lord, to keep us this evening without sin. Blessed art Thou, O Lord, the God of our fathers, and praised and glorified is Thy name forever. Amen.

Let Thy mercy be upon us, O Lord, even as we have set our hope on Thee. Blessed art Thou, O Lord, teach me Thy statutes. Blessed art Thou, O Master, make me to understand Thy statutes. Blessed art Thou, O Holy One, enlighten me by Thy statutes.

Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever; O despise not the work of Thy hands. To Thee belongeth worship, to Thee belongeth praise, to Thee belongeth glory, to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

THE APOSTICHA
We chant the Aposticha from the Parakletike

Glory… Both now… Theotokion.

CANTICLE OF ST. SIMEON THE GOD-RECEIVER
(Read- or chant in Tone 6)
Lord, now lettest Thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word, for mine eyes have seen thy salvation, which Thou hast prepared before the face of all peoples, a light to enlighten the gentiles and the glory of thy people Israel.

TRISAGION

Glory… Both Now…

All-holy Trinity, have mercy on us. Lord, cleanse us from our sins. Master, pardon our iniquities. Holy God, visit, and heal our infirmities for thy Name's sake.

Lord, have mercy. (Thrice)

Glory… Both Now…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy Name. Thy Kingdom come; thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

APOLYTIKIA
First, chant the apolytikion from the Menaion, or the apolytikion of the day. Then “Glory…” and the second apolytikion from the Menaion, if any. If none, continue with “Both now…” and chant the Theotokion of the day, in the same tone as the preceding Apolytikion.

THE DISMISSAL
Preserve, O God, the Holy Orthodox Faith, and all Orthodox Christians unto ages of ages. Amen

More honorable than the Cherubim, and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim, thou who without corruption bearest God the Word, and art truly Theotokos we magnify thee.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen. Lord, have mercy (thrice) O Lord, bless us.

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy upon us and save us.

The Prokeimenon!

like unto bees about a honeycomb
Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

All-Holy Trinity, have mercy on us. Lord, cleanse us from our sins. Master, pardon our iniquities. Holy God, visit and heal our infirmities for Thy name’s sake.

Glory... Both now...

Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.

TROPARIA OF THE CROSS
(Intoned) O Lord, save Thy people, and bless Thine inheritance. Granting to Thy people victory over all adversaries; and by Thy Cross, preserving Thine estate.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.

Do Thou, Who of Thine own good will wast lifted up upon the Cross, O Christ our God, bestow Thy bounties upon the new Nation which is called by Thy Name; make glad in Thy might those who lawfully govern, that with them we may be led to victory over our adversaries, having in Thine aid a weapon of peace and a trophy invincible.
Both now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

O Champion dread, who canst not be put to confusion, despise not our petitions, O Good and All-praised Theotokos; establish the way of the Orthodox; save those who have been called upon to govern us, leading us all to that victory which is from heaven, for thou art she who gavest birth to God, and alone art Blessed.

Lord, have mercy. (twelve times)

THE HEXAPSALMOS
Glory to God in the highest and on earth, peace, good will among men. (thrice)

O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise. (twice)

(Psalm 3) Lord, how are they increased that trouble me! Many are they that rise up against me. Many there be which say of my soul, There is no help for him in God. But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill, I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people, that have set themselves against me round about. Arise, O Lord; save me, O my God: for thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone; thou hast broken the teeth of the ungodly. Salvation belongeth unto the Lord: thy blessing is upon thy people.

I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.

(Psalm 37) O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath : neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure. For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore. There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger ; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin. For mine iniquities are gone over mine head : as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me. My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness. I am troubled ; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long. For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease : and there is no soundness in my flesh. I am feeble and sore broken : I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee. My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it is also gone from me. My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off. They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long. But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth. Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs. For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God. For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me : when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me. For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me. For I will declare mine iniquity ; I will be sorry for my sin. But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied. They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries ; because I follow the thing that good is. Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.

(Psalm 62) O God, thou art my God ; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is ; to see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: when I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee : thy right hand upholdeth me. But those that seek after my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth. They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes. But the king shall rejoice in God; everyone that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

I meditate on thee in the night watches: Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: both now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia, Glory to thee, O God. (Thrice)

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: (2nd Reader:) both now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

(Psalm 87) O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee; let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry ; for my soul is full of troubles : and my life draweth nigh unto the grave. I am counted with them that go down into the pit: I am as a man that hath no strength: free among the dead, like the slain that lie in the grave, whom thou rememberest no more : and they are cut off from thy hand. Thou hast laid me in the lowest pit, in darkness, in the deeps. Thy wrath lieth hard upon me, and thou hast afflicted me with all thy waves. Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me : thou hast made me an abomination unto them : I am shut up, and I cannot come forth. Mine eye mourneth by reason of affliction: Lord, I have called daily upon thee, I have stretched out my hands unto thee. Wilt thou shew wonders to the dead? shall the dead arise and praise thee? Shall thy loving- kindness be declared in the grave? or thy faithfulness in destruction? Shall thy wonders be known in the dark? and thy righteousness in the land of forgetfulness? But unto thee have I cried, O Lord; and in the morning shall my prayer come before thee. Lord, why castest thou off my soul? why hidest thou thy face from me? I am afflicted and ready to die from my youth up : while I suffer thy terrors I am distracted. Thy fierce wrath goeth over me: thy terrors have cut me off, They came round about me daily like water; they compassed me about together. Lover and friend hast thou put far from me, and mine acquaintance into darkness.

O Lord God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee: let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry.

(Psalm 102) Bless the Lord, my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; who satisfieth thy mouth with good things ; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed. He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide : neither will he keep his anger forever. He hath not dealt with us after our sins ; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame ; he remembereth that we are dust. As for man, his days are as grass : as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone ; and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children’s children; to such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them. The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens ; and his kingdom ruleth over all. Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts ; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.

In all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.

(Psalms 142) Hear my prayer, O Lord, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness. And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified. For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead. Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate. I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands. I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O Lord, for thy name’s sake: for thy righteousness’ sake bring my soul out of trouble. And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant.

O Lord, give ear to my supplications: and enter not into judgment with thy servant. (Twice)

Thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit: both now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Alleluia, Alleluia, Alleluia. Glory to thee, O God. (thrice)

O Lord our Hope, glory to thee.

Lord, have mercy. (forty times)

GOD IS THE LORD
(Intoned) God is the Lord which hath shown us light. Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord.

O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good. For His mercy endureth forever.

(In the tone of the first troparion) God is the Lord which hath shown us light. Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord.

All nations compassed me round about, but in the name of the Lord will I destroy them.

God is the Lord which hath shown us light. Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord.

I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.

God is the Lord which hath shown us light. Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord.

The stone which the builders refused is become the headstone of the corner. This is the Lord’s doing, it is marvelous in our eyes.

Now chant the Apolytikion of the commemoration from the Menaion. Then chant “Glory…” and repeat the preceding Apolytikion (or chant the Apolytikion of the second commemoration from the Menaion, if any). Then chant “Both now…” and the Theotokion of the day in the same tone as the preceding Apolytikion.

THE POETIC KATHISMATA
After the Apolytikia, the Poetic Kathismata are read, as assigned by the Parakletike, followed immediately by Psalm 50.

-more-

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Note: If the service is a third-class commemoration or greater, turn to the Festal Orthros section at this time. (two posts down)

PSALM 50

Glory... Both now...

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I know mine iniquity, and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee only have I sinned and done this evil before Thee, that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words, and prevail when Thou art judged. For behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother bear me. For behold, Thou hast loved truth; the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom hast Thou made manifest unto me. Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness; the bones that be humbled, they shall rejoice. Turn Thy face away from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and with Thy governing Spirit establish me. I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness. O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise. For if Thou hadst desired sacrifice, I had given it; with whole-burnt offerings Thou shalt not be pleased. A sacrifice unto God is a broken spirit; a heart that is broken and humbled God will not despise. Do good, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Sion, and let the walls of Jerusalem be builded. Then shalt Thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings. Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

THE KONTAKION, OIKOS, AND SYNAXARION

Now read the Kontakion and Oikos from the Menaion, followed by the reading from the Holy Synaxarion of the day from the Great Horologion. If the full Canons are to be read, the Kontakion, Oikos, and Synaxarion are read after the 6th Ode.

THE CANONS
(OR KATAVASIAE)
The Reader may now chant the Canons from the Parakletike and Menaion. On most days, however, the Reader will chant the Katavasiae, or the Irmoi of the last Menaion Canon. Before the eighth Katavasia, the Reader chants “We Praise, bless, and worship the Lord.” Then the eighth Katavasia (or Irmos) followed by the Magnification:

In the tone Katavasia) My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

More honorable than the Cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim. Thou who without corruption barest God the Word and art truly Theotokos we magnify thee.

For He hath regarded the lowliness of his handmaiden; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

More honorable than the Cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim. Thou who without corruption barest God the Word and art truly Theotokos we magnify thee.

For He that is mighty hath magnified me and holy is His name, and His mercy is upon them that fear Him throughout all generations.

He hath showed strength with His arm. He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

He hath put down the mighty from their seat and hath exalted the humble and meek. He hath filled the empty with good things, and the rich hath He sent empty away.

He remembering His mercy hath helped His servant Israel as He promised to our forefathers Abraham and His seed forever.

Then the ninth Katavasis, followed by:

(In the tone of the Katavasia) It is truly meet to bless thee, O Theotokos, who art ever blessed and all blameless and the mother of our God. More honorable than the Cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim. Thou who without corruption barest God the Word and art truly Theotokos we magnify thee.

THE EXAPOSTEILARIA
We now chant the Exaposteilaria from the Menaion. If there are no Exaposteilaria in the Menaion, we chant the Exaposteilarion of the day with its Theotokion or Stavrotheotokion from the Great Horologion.

THE PRAISES
The Praises are read, unless there are stichera in the Menaion.

(Psalm 148) Praise the Lord from the heavens, praise Him in the highest. Praise Him, all ye His angels; praise Him, all ye His hosts. Praise Him, O sun and moon; praise Him, all ye stars and light. Praise Him, ye heavens of heavens, and thou water that art above the heavens. Let them praise the name of the Lord; for He spake, and they came to be; He commanded, and they were created. He established them for ever, yea, for ever and ever; He hath set an ordinance, and it shall not pass away. Praise the Lord from the earth, ye dragons, and all ye abysses, Fire, hail, snow, ice, blast of tempest, which perform His word, The mountains and all the hills, fruitful trees, and all cedars, The beasts and all the cattle, creeping things and winged birds, Kings of the earth, and all peoples, princes and all the judges of the earth, Young men and virgins, elders with the younger; let them praise the name of the Lord, for exalted is the name of Him alone. His praise is above the earth and heaven, and He shall exalt the horn of His people. This is the hymn for all His saints, for the sons of Israel, and for the people that draw nigh unto Him.

(Psalm 149) Sing unto the Lord a new song; His praise is in the church of the saints. Let Israel be glad in Him that made him, let the sons of Sion rejoice in their King. Let them praise His name in the dance; with the timbrel and the psaltery let them chant unto Him. For the Lord taketh pleasure in His people, and He shall exalt the meek with salvation. The saints shall boast in glory, and they shall rejoice upon their beds. The high praise of God shall be in their throat, and two-edged swords shall be in their hands, To do vengeance among the heathen, punishments among the peoples, To bind their kings with fetters, and their nobles with manacles of iron, To do among them the judgment that is written. This glory shall be to all His saints.

(Psalm 150) Praise ye God in His saints, praise Him in the firmament of His power. Praise Him for His mighty acts, praise Him according to the multitude of His greatness. Praise Him with the sound of trumpet, praise Him with the psaltery and harp. Praise Him with timbrel and dance, praise him with strings and flute. Praise Him with tuneful cymbals, praise Him with cymbals of jubilation. Let every breath praise the Lord.

To Thee belongeth glory, O Lord our God, and unto Thee we ascribe glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever; and unto ages of ages. Amen.

THE LITTLE DOXOLOGY
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will among men.

We hymn Thee, we bless Thee, we worship Thee, we glorify Thee, we give thanks unto Thee for Thy great glory.

O Lord King, heavenly God, Father Almighty; O Lord, the only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Spirit.

O Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father, that takest away the sin of the world, have mercy on us, Thou that takest away the sins of the world.

Receive our prayer, Thou that sittest at the right hand of the Father, and have mercy on us.

For Thou only art holy, Thou only art the Lord, O Jesus Christ, to the Glory of God the Father. Amen.

Every day will I bless Thee, and I will praise Thy name forever; yea, forever and ever.

Lord, Thou hast been our refuge from generation to generation. I said, be merciful unto me, heal my soul, for I have sinned against Thee.

Lord I have fled unto Thee, teach me to do Thy will, for Thou art my God.

For with Thee is the fountain of life, and in Thy Light shall we see Light.

O continue Thy mercy unto them that know Thee.

Vouchsafe, O Lord, to keep us this day without sin.

Blessed art Thou, O Lord, the God of our fathers, and praised and glorified is Thy name forever.* Amen.

Let Thy mercy be upon us, O Lord, even as we have set our hope on Thee.

Blessed art Thou, O Lord, teach me Thy statutes.

Blessed art Thou, O Master, make me to understand Thy statutes.

Blessed art Thou, O Holy One, enlighten me by Thy statutes.

Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever; O despise not the works of Thy hands.

To Thee belongeth worship, to Thee belongeth praise, to Thee belongeth glory, to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages.* Amen.

THE APOSTICHA
The reader now chants the Aposticha from the Parakletike. After the Glory and Both Now and the Theotokion or Stavrotheotokion, the reader says:

It is a good thing to confess unto the Lord, to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High, to declare Thy mercy in the morning and Thy truth by night.

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

THE APOLYTIKIA
Now chant the Apolytikion of the commemoration from the Menaion. Then chant “Glory…” and the Apolytikion of the second commemoration from the Menaion, if any. If none, chant “Both now…” and the Theotokion of the day (as appointed for the end of Orthros) in the same tone as the preceding Apolytikion.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. Both now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

O Lord, bless us.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Festal Orthros begins the same as Daily Orthros. After the Poetic Kathismata from the Menaion, continue with the Polyeleos:

POLYELEOS
(Psalm 135) O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good;

(Refrain) Alleluia. For His mercy endureth for ever.

O give thanks unto the God of gods; (Refrain)

O give thanks unto the Lord of lords; (Refrain)

To Him Who alone hath wrought great wonders; (Refrain)

To Him that made the heavens with understanding; (Refrain)

To Him that established the earth upon the waters; (Refrain)

To Him Who alone hath made great lights; (Refrain)

The sun for dominion of the day; (Refrain)

The moon and the stars for dominion of the night; (Refrain)

To Him that smote Egypt with their firstborn; (Refrain)

And led forth Israel out of the midst of them; (Refrain)

With a strong hand and a lofty arm; (Refrain)

To Him that divided the Red Sea into parts; (Refrain)

And led Israel through the midst thereof; (Refrain)

And overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red Sea; (Refrain)

To Him that led His people through the wilderness; (Refrain)

To Him that smote great kings; (Refrain)

And slew mighty kings; (Refrain)

Seon, king of the Amorites; (Refrain)

And Og, king of the land of Basan; (Refrain)

And gave their land for an inheritance; (Refrain)

An inheritance for Israel His servant; (Refrain)

For in our humiliation the Lord remembered us; (Refrain)

And redeemed us from our enemies; (Refrain)

He that giveth food to all flesh; (Refrain)

O give thanks unto the God of heaven; (Refrain)

O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; (Refrain)

THIRD POETIC KATHISMA
Now chant the Third Poetic Kathisma from the Menaion.

ANAVATHMOI
(Tone IV) From my youth up many passions have warred against me, but do Thou help and save me, O my Savior. (repeat)

Ye who hate Zion shall be put to confusion of the Lord, like grass in the fire, shall ye be withered up. (repeat)

Glory…

Through the Holy Spirit is every soul quickened and exalted in purity and made resplendent by the Triune Unity in mystic holiness.

Both now…

Through the Holy Spirit the channels and streams of grace overflow, showering all creation with invigorating life.

THE PROKEIMENON
The Prokeimenon!

Now chant the Prokeimenon from the Menaion. Then chant the following in Tone II:

Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord.

Praise God in His Sanctuary, praise Him in the firmament of His power.

THE HOLY GOSPEL
The reading from the Holy Gospel according to Saint __________.

Glory to Thee, O Lord. Glory to Thee.

Read (do not chant or intone) the Holy Gospel

Glory to Thee, O Lord. Glory to Thee.

PSALM 50
Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I know mine iniquity, and my sin is ever before me. Against Thee only have I sinned and done this evil before Thee, that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words, and prevail when Thou art judged. For behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother bear me. For behold, Thou hast loved truth; the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom hast Thou made manifest unto me. Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness; the bones that be humbled, they shall rejoice. Turn Thy face away from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and with Thy governing Spirit establish me. I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness. O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise. For if Thou hadst desired sacrifice, I had given it; with whole-burnt offerings Thou shalt not be pleased. A sacrifice unto God is a broken spirit; a heart that is broken and humbled God will not despise. Do good, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Sion, and let the walls of Jerusalem be builded. Then shalt Thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings. Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

TROPARIA AFTER PSALM 50
(Tone II) Glory…

Through the intercessions of (type of Saint being commemorated) O Thou who art merciful, blot out all the multitude of our transgressions.

Both now…

Through the intercessions of the Theotokos, O Thou who art merciful, blot out all the multitude of our trangressions.

Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression.

Now chant the Troparion from the Menaion, usually in Tone VI.

THE KONTAKION, OIKOS, AND SYNAXARION

Now read the Kontakion and Oikos from the Menaion, followed by the reading from the Holy Synaxarion of the day from the Great Horologion. If the full Canons are to be read, the Kontakion, Oikos, and Synaxarion are read after the 6th Ode.

THE CANONS
(OR KATAVASIA)
The Reader may now chant the Canons from the Parakletike and Menaion. On most days, however, the Reader will chant the Katavasia, or the Irmoi of the last Menaion Canon. Before the eighth Katavasis, the Reader chants “We Praise, bless, and worship the Lord.” Then the eighth Katavasis (or Irmos) followed by the Magnification. If the Feast is a First or Second Class Feast, the Magnification is not chanted. Instead, the Ninth Ode of the Festal Canon is chanted.

(In the tone Katavasia) My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

For He hath regarded the lowliness of his handmaiden; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

For He that is mighty hath magnified me and holy is His name, and His mercy is upon them that fear Him throughout all generations.

He hath showed strength with His arm. He hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.

He hath put down the mighty from their seat and hath exalted the humble and meek. He hath filled the empty with good things, and the rich hath He sent empty away.

He remembering His mercy hath helped His servant Israel as He promised to our forefathers Abraham and His seed forever.

Then the ninth Katavasis (or Irmos.)

THE EXAPOSTEILARIA
We now chant the Exaposteilaria from the Menaion.

THE PRAISES
Let everything that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord from the heavens. Praise ye Him in the heights. To Thee, O God, is due our song.

Praise ye Him, all His angels. Praise ye Him, all His hosts. To Thee, O God, is due our song.

Psalm 149)This glory shall be to all His saints.

Sticheron from the Menaion.
(Psalm 150) Praise ye God in His saints, praise Him in the firmament of His power.

Praise Him for His mighty acts, praise Him according to the multitude of His greatness.

Praise Him with the sound of trumpet, praise Him with the psaltery and harp.

Praise Him with timbrel and dance, praise him with strings and flute. Praise Him with tuneful cymbals, praise Him with cymbals of jubilation. Let every breath praise the Lord.

Glory… Both now…

Chant the Doxastichon and/or Theotokion from the Menaion.

THE GREAT DOXOLOGY
Glory to Thee, who hath shown us the Light, glory be to God on high, and on earth peace, good will among men.

We hymn Thee, we bless Thee, we worship Thee, we glorify Thee, we give thanks unto Thee for Thy great glory.

O Lord King, heavenly God, Father Almighty; O Lord, the only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Spirit.

O Lord God, Lamb of God, Son of the Father, that takest away the sin of the world, have mercy on us, Thou that takest away the sins of the world.

Receive our prayer, Thou that sittest at the right hand of the Father, and have mercy on us.

For Thou only art holy, Thou only art the Lord, O Jesus Christ, to the Glory of God the Father. Amen.

Every day will I bless Thee, and I will praise Thy name forever; yea, forever and ever.

Blessed art Thou, O Lord, the God of our fathers, and praised and glorified is Thy name forever.* Amen.

Blessed art Thou, O Lord, Teach me Thy statutes. (thrice)

Lord, Thou hast been our refuge from generation to generation. I said, be merciful unto me, heal my soul, for I have sinned against Thee.

Holy God, Holy Mighty, Holy Immortal, have mercy on us. (thrice)

Glory… Both now…

Holy Immortal, have mercy on us.

Holy God,

Holy Mighty,

Holy Immortal, have mercy on us.

APOLYTIKION
Now chant the Apolytikion from the Menaion. If the Typika is to be chanted, it begins now. If not, continue:

THE DISMISSAL
Preserve, O God, the Holy Orthodox Faith, and all Orthodox Christians unto ages of ages. Amen

More honorable than the Cherubim, and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim, thou who without corruption bearest God the Word, and art truly Theotokos we magnify thee.

Glory to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen. Lord, have mercy (thrice) O Lord, bless us.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now…

O Come, let us worship and fall down before Christ, our King and our God. (metania)
O Come, let us worship and fall down before Christ Himself, our King and our God. (metania)

(Psalm 50)

(Psalm 69) O God, be attentive unto helping me; O Lord, make haste to help me. Let them be shamed and confounded that seek after my soul. Let them be turned back and brought to shame that desire evils against me. Let them be turned back straightway in shame that say unto me: Well done! Well done! Let them be glad and rejoice in Thee all that seek after Thee, O God, and let them that love Thy salvation say continually: The Lord be magnified. But as for me, I am poor and needy; O God, come unto mine aid. My helper and my deliverer art Thou, O Lord; make no long tarrying.

(Psalm 142) O Lord, hear my prayer, give ear unto my supplication in Thy truth; hearken unto me in Thy righteousness. And enter not into judgment with Thy servant, for in Thy sight shall no man living be justified. For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath humbled my life down to the earth. He hath sat me in darkness as those that have been long dead, and my spirit within me is become despondent; within me my heart is troubled. I remembered days of old, I meditated on all Thy works, I pondered on the creations of Thy hands. I stretched forth my hands unto Thee; my soul thirsteth after Thee like a waterless land. Quickly hear me, O Lord; my spirit hath fainted away. Turn not Thy face away from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit. Cause me to hear Thy mercy in the morning; for in Thee have I put my hope. Cause me to know, O Lord, the way wherein I should walk; for unto Thee have I lifted up my soul. Rescue me from mine enemies, O Lord; unto Thee have I fled for refuge. Teach me to do Thy will, for Thou art my God. Thy good Spirit shall lead me in the land of uprightness; for Thy name's sake, O Lord, shalt Thou quicken me. In Thy righteousness shalt Thou bring my soul out of affliction, and in Thy mercy shalt Thou utterly destroy mine enemies. And Thou shalt cut off all them that afflict my soul, for I am Thy servant.

THE LITTLE DOXOLOGY
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will among men.

Blessed art Thou, O Lord, teach me Thy statutes.

Blessed art Thou, O Master, make me to understand Thy statutes.

Blessed art Thou, O Holy One, enlighten me by Thy statutes.

Thy mercy, O Lord, endureth forever; O despise not the works of Thy hands.

To Thee belongeth worship, to Thee belongeth praise, to Thee belongeth glory, to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages.* Amen.

-continued in the next post-

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
SMALL COMPLINE (continued)

THE CREED
I believe in one God, the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible;

And Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Only-begotten, Begotten of the Father before all worlds, Light of Light, Very God of Very God, Begotten, not made; of one essence with the Father, by whom all things were made: Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven, and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary, and was made man; And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried; And the third day He rose again, according to the Scriptures; And ascended into heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father; And He shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead, Whose kingdom shall have no end.

And I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, and Giver of Life, Who proceedeth from the Father, Who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke by the Prophets;

And I believe in One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

I acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins.

I look for the Resurrection of the dead,

And the Life of the world to come. Amen.

Here the canon may be read. After the canon (or if there is no canon) continue:

It is truly meet to bless thee, O Theotokos, the ever-blessed and all-blameless and the mother of our God. More honorable than the Cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the Seraphim, thou who without corruption bearest God the Word, and art truly Theotokos, we magnify thee.

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

We now chant the appointed Kontakion or Apolytikion. If none is appointed, we say the following:

O God of our fathers, who ever dealest with us according to thy goodness, remove not thy mercy from us; but by their intercessions direct our lives in peace.

In all the world thy Church, arrayed in the blood of thy martyrs as in purple and fine linen, crieth through them unto thee, O Christ our God: Send down thy compassion upon thy people; give peace to thy commonwealth and to our souls great mercy.

Glory…

With the saints give rest, O Christ, to the souls of thy servants, where there is neither sickness nor sorrow nor sighing but life everlasting.

Both now…

Through the intercessions of all the saints and of the Theotokos, grant us thy peace, O Lord, and have mercy upon us, for thou alone art compassionate.

THE PRAYER OF THE HOURS

Thou who, at all times and at every hour, both in heaven and on earth art worshipped and glorified, O Christ God, long-suffering, plenteous in mercy and compassion, who lovest the just and showest mercy to sinners, who callest all men to salvation through the promise of good things to come: Do thou, the same Lord, receive also our supplications at this present hour, and direct our lives according to thy commandments. Sanctify our souls; purify our bodies; set aright our minds; cleanse our thoughts; and deliver us from all calamity, wrath and distress. Compass us round about with thy holy angels; that, guided and guarded by their host, we may attain unto the unity of the faith, and unto the comprehension of thine ineffable glory. For blessed art thou unto ages of ages. Amen.

Lord, have mercy. (thrice)

Glory… Both now…

More honorable than the cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the seraphim, thou who without corruption bearest God and Word and art truly Theotokos: We magnify thee.

Most holy Theotokos, save us.

Facing the icon of the Theotokos on the iconostasis, the reader says:

O Lady, Bride of God, spotless, blameless, pure and immaculate Virgin, thou who without corruption, by thy glorious birth-giving, hast united God the Word to man and joined the fallen nature of our race to heavenly things; who alone art the hope of the hopeless, the help of those who do battle; the ready help of those who flee unto thee and the refuge of all Christians: Despise me not, an accursed sinner, though I have rendered myself unworthy by my shameful thoughts, words and deeds, and through indolence have become a slave to the pleasures of life; but as the Mother of the God who lovest mankind, mercifully have compassion upon me, a sinner and a prodigal, and receive my prayer, though it be offered unto thee by unworthy lips; and using thy boldness as a mother, importune thy Son, our Lord and Master, that he may open to me also the tender compassions of his goodness so as to overlook my numberless transgressions and turn me to repentance and show me forth as a zealous doer of his commandments. And because thou art merciful, compassionate and benevolent, be thou ever near me in this present life as an ardent help and protection, defending me from the assaults of adversaries and leading me to salvation. And at the time of my departure (from this life), care for my miserable soul, and drive far from it the dark visions of evil demons; and in the fearful day of judgment, deliver me from eternal punishment, and present me as an inheritor of the ineffable glory of thy Son, our God. May this be my lot, O Lady, most holy Theotokos, through thy mediation and help, through the grace and love toward mankind of thine only-begotten Son, our Lord and God and Saviour Jesus Christ, to whom are due all glory, honor and worship, with his unoriginate Father and his all-holy and good and life-giving Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Facing the icon of Christ on the iconostasis, the reader says:

And grant unto us, O Master, when we depart to sleep, repose of body and soul; and protect us from the murky sleep of sin and from all the dark pleasures of the night. Calm the impulses of passions, and quench the fiery darts of evil which are craftily thrown against us; check the turbulence of our flesh, and still all earthly and material thoughts. And grant us, O God, a watchful mind, a prudent reason, a vigilant heart, a tranquil sleep free from all the fantasies of Satan. Raise us up again at the time of prayer strengthened in thy commandments, holding steadfastly within us the remembrance of thy judgments. Grant us grace to glorify thee all through the night, that we may praise and bless and glorify thine all-honorable and majestic name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Facing the icon of the Theotokos on the iconostasis, the reader says:

O most glorious, ever-virgin, blessed Theotokos, present our prayer to thy Son our God, and intercede with him that through thee he may save our souls.

Standing before the holy doors, facing east, the reader says:

The Father is my Hope; (metania)

The Son is my Refuge; (metania)

The Holy Spirit is my Protection; O Holy Trinity: Glory to thee. (metania)

In thee, O Mother of God, I place all my hope; keep me under thy protection.

The reader may also say:

O holy Angel who accompanieth my wretched soul and lowly life, forsake me not, and depart not from me because of my extravagance and wickedness. Give not access to the evil demon to rule with his might this mortal body of mine, but hold me by my wretched, feeble hand; lead me in the path of salvation. Yea, O holy Angel of God, guardian and protector of my wretched soul and body, forgive me all wherewith I have heretofore saddened thee all the days of my life. And though this day I have sinned, be thou my shelter this night. Keep me from all the wiles of the enemy, that I may not anger God with any sin. Intercede with the Lord for me, that he may confirm me in his fear and show me forth as a worthy servant of his goodness. Amen.

THE LITTLE DISMISSAL

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy upon us and save us.

While the people come forward to venerate the ikon, the following is chanted:

(tone 3) Awed by the beauty of thy virginity and the exceeding radiance of thy purity, Gabriel stood amazed, and cried to thee, O Mother of God, what praise shall I offer to thee, that is worthy of thy beauty? Bu what name shall I call thee? I am lost and bewildered. But I shall greet thee as I was commanded: Hail, thou that art full of grace!

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
THE FIRST HOUR

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

(Psalm 5) Unto my words give ear, O Lord, hear my cry. Attend unto the voice of my supplication, O my King and my God; for unto Thee will I pray, O Lord. In the morning shalt Thou hear my voice. In the morning shall I stand before Thee, and Thou shalt look upon me; for not a God that wiliest iniquity art Thou. He that worketh evil shall not dwell near Thee nor shall transgressors abide before Thine eyes. Thou hast hated all them that work iniquity; Thou shalt destroy all them that speak a lie. A man that is bloody and deceitful shall the Lord abhor. But as for me, in the multitude of Thy mercy shall I go into Thy house; I shall worship toward Thy holy temple in fear of Thee. O Lord, guide me in the way of Thy righteousness; because of mine enemies, make straight my way before Thee, For in their mouth there is no truth; their heart is vain. Their throat is an open sepulcher, with their tongues have they spoken deceitfully; judge them, O God. Let them fall down on account of their own devisings; according to the multitude of their ungodliness, cast them out, for they have embittered Thee, O Lord. And let all them be glad that hope in Thee; they shall rejoice, and Thou shalt dwell among them. And all shall glory in Thee that love Thy name, for Thou shalt bless the righteous. O Lord, as with a shield of Thy good pleasure hast Thou crowned us.

(Psalm 89) Lord, Thou hast been our refuge in generation and generation. Before the mountains came to be and the earth was formed and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting art Thou. Turn not man away unto lowliness; yea, Thou hast said: Turn back ye sons of men. For a thousand years in Thine eyes, O Lord, are but as yesterday that is past, and as a watch in the night. Things of no account shall their years be; in the morning like grass shall man pass away. In the morning shall he bloom and pass away. In the evening shall he fall and grow withered and dry. For we have fainted away in Thy wrath, and in Thine anger have we been troubled. Thou hast set our iniquities before us; our lifespan is in the light of Thy countenance. For all our days are faded away, and in Thy wrath are we fainted away; our years have, like a spider, spun out their tale. As for the days of our years, in their span, they be threescore years and ten. And if we be in strength, mayhap fourscore years; and what is more than these is toil and travail. For mildness is come upon us, and we shall be chastened. Who knoweth the might of Thy wrath? And out of fear of Thee, who can recount Thine anger? So make Thy right hand known to me, and to them that in their heart are instructed in wisdom. Return, O Lord; how long? And be Thou entreated concerning Thy servants. We were filled in the morning with Thy mercy, O Lord, and we rejoiced and were glad. In all our days, let us be glad for the days wherein Thou didst humble us, for the years wherein we saw evils. And look upon Thy servants, and upon Thy works, and do Thou guide their sons. And let the brightness of the Lord our God be upon us, and the works of our hands do Thou guide aright upon us, yea, the works of our hands do Thou guide aright.

(Psalm 100) Of mercy and judgment will I sing to Thee, O Lord; I will chant and have understanding in a blameless path. When wilt Thou come unto me? I have walked in the innocence of my heart in the midst of my house. I have no unlawful thing before mine eyes; the workers of transgressions I have hated. A crooked heart hath not cleaved unto me; as for the wicked man who turned from me, I knew him not. Him that privily talked against his neighbor did I drive away from me. With him whose eye was proud and his heart insatiate, I did not eat. Mine eyes were upon the faithful of the land, that they might sit with me; the man that walked in the blameless path, he ministered unto me. The proud doer dwelt not in the midst of my house; the speaker of unjust things prospered not before mine eyes. In the morning I slew all the sinners of the land, utterly to destroy out of the city of the Lord all them that work iniquity.

Glory… Both now…

Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia. Glory to Thee, O God. (thrice)

Glory…

TROPARION OF THE DAY
Now we read or chant the Troparion of the day

Both now…

THEOTOKION AND PSALM VERSES
What shall we call thee, O thou who art full of grace? Heaven, for from thee shone forth the Sun of righteousness; Paradise, for thou hast budded forth the Flower of Immortality; Virgin, for thou hast remained incorrupt; Pure Mother, for thou hast held in thy holy embrace a Son, who is God of all. Beseech thou him to save our souls.

My steps do thou direct according to thy saying, and so let no iniquity have dominion over me. (twice) Deliver me from the false accusation of men, and I will keep thy commandments. (twice) Make thy face to shine upon thy servant, and teach me thy statutes. (twice) Let my mouth be filled with thy praise, O Lord, that I may hymn thy glory and thy majesty all the day long.

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

KONTAKION OF THE DAY
Now we chant or read the Kontakion of the day.

THE PRAYER OF THE HOURS

Thou Who at all times and at every hour, in heaven and on earth, art worshipped and glorified, O Christ God, Who art long-suffering, plenteous in mercy, most compassionate, Who lovest the righteous and hast mercy on sinners; Who callest all men to salvation through the promise of good things to come: Receive, O Lord, our prayers at this hour, and guide our life toward Thy commandments. Sanctify our souls, make chaste our bodies, correct our thoughts, purify our intentions, and deliver us from every sorrow, evil, and pain. Compass us about with Thy holy angels, that, guarded and guided by their array, we may attain to the unity of the faith and to the knowledge of Thine unapproachable glory: For blessed art Thou unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

More honorable than the cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the seraphim; thou who without corruption barest God the Word, and art truly Theotokos, we magnify thee.

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

THE FINAL PRAYER OF THE FIRST HOUR
O Christ, the True Light, Who enlightenest and sanctifiest every man that cometh into the world: Let the Light of Thy countenance be signed upon us, that in it we may see the Unapproachable Light, and guide our steps in the doing of Thy commandments, through the intercessions of Thy most pure Mother, and of all Thy saints. Amen.

If the Third Hour will be said immediately after the First Hour, it begins now with “O come, let us worship…” Otherwise, continue:

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God have mercy upon us and save us. Amen.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

(Psalm 16) Hearken, O Lord, unto my righteousness, attend unto the voice of my supplication. Give ear unto my prayer, which cometh not from deceitful lips.* From before Thy face let my judgment come forth, let mine eyes behold uprightness. Thou hast proved my heart, Thou hast visited it in the night, Thou hast tried me by fire, and unrighteousness was not found in me.* That my mouth may not speak of the works of men, for the sake of the words of Thy lips have I kept the ways that are hard.* Set my footsteps in Thy paths, that my steps may not be shaken.* I have cried for Thou hast hearkened unto me, O God. Incline Thine ear unto me, and hearken unto my words.*Let Thy mercies be made wonderful, O Thou that savest them that hope in Thee.* From them that have resisted Thy right hand, keep me, O Lord, as the apple of Thine eye.* In the shelter of Thy wings wilt Thou shelter me, from the face of the ungodly which have oppressed me. * Mine enemies have surrounded my soul, they have enclosed themselves with their own fat, their mouth hath spoken pride.* They that have cast me out have now encircled me, they have set their eyes to look askance on the earth.* They have taken me as might a lion ready for his prey, and as might a lion's whelp that dwelleth in hiding. * Arise, O Lord, overtake them and trip their heels; deliver my soul from ungodly men, Thy sword from the enemies of Thy hand.* O Lord, from Thy few do Thou separate them from the earth in their life; yea, with Thy hidden treasures hath their belly been filled.* They have satisfied themselves with swine and have left the remnants to their babes.* But as for me, in righteousness shall I appear before Thy face; I shall be filled when Thy glory is made manifest to me.

(Psalm 24) Unto Thee, O Lord, have I lifted up my soul.* O my God, in Thee have I trusted; let me never be put to shame, nor let mine enemies laugh me to scorn.* Yea, let none that wait on Thee be put to shame; let them be ashamed which are lawless without a cause.* Make Thy ways, O Lord, known unto me and teach me Thy paths.* Lead me in Thy truth and teach me, for Thou art God my Savior; for on Thee have I waited all the day long.* Remember Thy compassions, O Lord, and Thy mercies, for they are from everlasting.* The sins of my youth and mine ignorances remember not; according to Thy mercy remember Thou me, for the sake of Thy goodness, O Lord.* Good and upright is the Lord; therefore will He set a law for them that sin in the way. He will guide the meek in judgment, He will teach the meek His ways.* All the ways of the Lord are mercy and truth, unto them that seek after His covenant and His testimonies.* For the sake of Thy name, O Lord, be gracious unto my sin; for it is great.* Who is the man that feareth the Lord? He will set him a law in the way which he hath chosen.* His soul shall dwell among good things, and his seed shall inherit the earth.* The Lord is the strength of them that fear Him, and His covenant shall be manifested unto them.* Mine eyes are ever toward the Lord, for He it is that will draw my feet out of the snare.* Look upon me, and have mercy on me; for I am one only-begotten and poor.* The afflictions of my heart are multiplied; bring me out from my necessities. Behold my lowliness and my toil, and forgive all my sins.* Look upon mine enemies, for they are multiplied, and with an unjust hatred have they hated me.* Keep my soul and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I have hoped in Thee.* The innocent and the upright have cleaved unto me, for I waited on Thee, O Lord.* Redeem Israel, O God, out of all his afflictions.*
(Psalm 50) Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great mercy; and according to the multitude of Thy compassions blot out my transgression.* Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.* For I know mine iniquity, and my sin is ever before me.* Against Thee only have I sinned and done this evil before Thee, that Thou mightest be justified in Thy words, and prevail when Thou art judged.* For behold, I was conceived in iniquities, and in sins did my mother bear me. For behold, Thou hast loved truth; the hidden and secret things of Thy wisdom hast Thou made manifest unto me. * Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be made clean; Thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow.* Thou shalt make me to hear joy and gladness; the bones that be humbled, they shall rejoice.* Turn Thy face away from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.* Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.*Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.* Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation, and with Thy governing Spirit establish me.* I shall teach transgressors Thy ways, and the ungodly shall turn back unto Thee.* Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou God of my salvation; my tongue shall rejoice in Thy righteousness.* O Lord, Thou shalt open my lips, and my mouth shall declare Thy praise.* For if Thou hadst desired sacrifice, I had given it; with whole-burnt offerings Thou shalt not be pleased.* A sacrifice unto God is a broken spirit; a heart that is broken and humbled God will not despise.* Do good, O Lord, in Thy good pleasure unto Zion, and let the walls of Jerusalem be builded. * Then shalt Thou be pleased with a sacrifice of righteousness, with oblation and whole-burnt offerings.* Then shall they offer bullocks upon Thine altar.

Glory… Both now…

Glory…

TROPARION OF THE DAY

Both now…

O Theotokos; thou art the true vine that hath blossomed forth for us the Fruit of Life. Thee do we supplicate:* Intercede, O Lady, together with the holy apostles, that our souls find mercy.

Blessed is the Lord God, blessed is the Lord day by day; the God of our salvation shall prosper us along the way; our God is the God of salvation.

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

KONTAKION OF THE DAY

THE PRAYER OF THE HOURS
Thou Who at all times and at every hour, in heaven and on earth, art worshipped and glorified, O Christ God, Who art long-suffering, plenteous in mercy, most compassionate, Who lovest the righteous and hast mercy on sinners; Who callest all men to salvation through the promise of good things to come: Receive, O Lord, our prayers at this hour, and guide our life toward Thy commandments. Sanctify our souls, make chaste our bodies, correct our thoughts, purify our intentions, and deliver us from every sorrow, evil, and pain. Compass us about with Thy holy angels, that, guarded and guided by their array, we may attain to the unity of the faith and to the knowledge of Thine unapproachable glory: For blessed art Thou unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Glory… Both now…

More honorable than the cherubim and more glorious beyond compare than the seraphim; thou who without corruption barest God the Word, and art truly Theotokos, we magnify thee.

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God, have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

THE FINAL PRAYER OF THE THIRD HOUR (THE PRAYER OF ST. MARDARIOS)
O Master God, the Father Almighty, O Lord, the Only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, and O Holy Spirit, one Godhead, one Power: Have mercy on me a sinner, and by the judgments which Thou knowest, save me, Thine unworthy servant; for blessed art Thou unto the ages of ages. Amen.

If the Sixth Hour will be said immediately after the Third Hour, it begins now with “O come, let us worship…” Otherwise, continue:

Through the prayers of our holy fathers, O Lord Jesus Christ our God have mercy upon us and save us. Amen.

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

(Psalm 53) O God, in Thy name save me, and in Thy strength do Thou judge me. O God, hearken unto my prayer, give ear unto the words of my mouth.* For strangers are risen up against me, and mighty men have sought after my soul and have not set God before themselves.* For behold, God helpeth me, and the Lord is the protector of my soul.* He will bring evils upon mine enemies. Utterly destroy them by Thy truth.* Willingly shall I sacrifice unto Thee; I will confess Thy name, O Lord, for it is good.* For out of every affliction hast Thou delivered me, and mine eye hath looked down upon mine enemies.

(Psalm 54) Give ear, O God, unto my prayer, and disdain not my supplication; attend unto me, and hear me.* I was grieved in my meditation, and I was troubled at the voice of the enemy and at the oppression of the sinner; Because they have turned iniquity upon me; and with wrath were they angry against me.* My heart is troubled within me, and the terror of death is fallen upon me.* Fear and trembling are come upon me, and darkness hath covered me.* And I said: Who will give me wings like a dove? And I will fly, and be at rest.* Lo, I have fled afar off and have dwelt in the wilderness.* I waited for God that saveth me from faint-heartedness and from tempest.* Plunge them into the depths, O Lord, and divide their tongues, for I have seen iniquity and gainsaying in the city.* Day and night they go round about her upon her walls; iniquity and toil and* unrighteousness are in the midst of her.* And usury and deceit have not departed from her streets.* For if mine enemy had reviled me, I might have endured it.* And if he that hateth me had spoken boastful words against me, I might have hid myself from him.* But thou it was, O man of like soul with me, my guide and my familiar friend,* Thou who together with me didst sweeten my repasts; in the house of God I walked with thee in oneness of mind.* Let death come upon such ones, and let them go down alive into hades.* For wickedness is in their dwellings, and in the midst of them.* As for me, unto God have I cried, and the Lord, hearkened unto me.* Evening, morning and noonday will I tell of it and will declare it, and He will hear my voice.* He will redeem my soul in peace from them that draw nigh unto me, for they among many were with me.* God will hear, and He will humble them, He that is before the ages.* For to them there is no requital, because they have not feared God; He hath stretched forth His hand in retribution.* They have defiled His covenant; they were scattered by the wrath of His countenance, and their hearts have convened.* Their words were smoother than oil, and yet they are darts. * Cast thy care upon the Lord, and He will nourish thee; He will never permit the righteous to be shaken.* But Thou, O God, shall bring those men down into the pit of destruction.* Bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but as for me, O Lord, I will hope in Thee.

(Psalm 90) He that dwelleth in the help of the Most High shall abide in the shelter of the God of heaven.* He shall say unto the Lord: Thou art my helper and my refuge. He is my God, and I will hope in Him.* For He shall deliver thee from the snare of the hunters and from every troubling word.* With His shoulders shall He overshadow thee, and under His wings shalt thou have hope.* With a shield will His truth encompass thee; thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night, nor for the arrow that flieth by day.* Nor for the thing that walketh in darkness, nor for the mishap and demon of noonday.* A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousands at thy right hand, but unto thee shall it not come nigh.* Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold, and thou shalt see the reward of sinners.* For Thou, O Lord, art my hope. Thou madest the Most High thy refuge;* No evils shall come nigh unto thee, and no scourge shall draw nigh unto thy dwelling.* For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.* On their hands shall they bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Upon the asp and basilisk shalt thou tread, and thou shalt trample upon the lion and dragon.* For he hath set his hope on Me, and I will deliver him; I will shelter him because he hath known my name. He shall cry unto me, and I will hearken unto him. I am with him in affliction, and I will rescue him and glorify him.* With length of days will I satisfy him, and I will show him My salvation.

Glory… Both now…

Glory…

TROPARION OF THE DAY

Both now…

Seeing that we have no boldness on account of our many sins, do thou beseech Him that was born of thee, O Virgin Theotokos for the supplication of a mother availeth much to win the Master's favor. Disdain not the prayers of sinners, O all-pure one, for merciful and mighty to save is He Who deigned also to suffer for our sake.

Let Thy compassions quickly go before us, O Lord, for we are become exceedingly poor. Help us, O God our Savior, for the sake of the glory of Thy name. O Lord, deliver us and be gracious unto our sins for Thy name's sake.

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory... Both now...

KONTAKION OF THE DAY

THE PRAYER OF THE HOURS

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

THE FINAL PRAYER OF THE SIXTH HOUR (THE PRAYER OF ST. BASIL THE GREAT)
O God and Lord of Hosts, and Maker of all Creation, Who by the tender compassion of Thy mercy which transcendeth comprehension, didst send down Thine only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, for the salvation of our race, and by His precious Cross didst tear asunder the handwriting of our sins, and thereby didst triumph over the principalities and powers of darkness: Do Thou Thyself, O Master, Lover of mankind, accept also from us sinners these prayers of thanksgiving and entreaty, and deliver us from every destructive and dark transgression, and from all enemies, both visible and invisible, that seek to do us evil. Nail down our flesh with the fear of Thee, and incline not our hearts unto words or thoughts of evil, but pierce our souls with longing for Thee, so that ever looking to Thee, and being guided by Thy Light as we behold Thee, the unapproachable and everlasting Light, we may send up unceasing praise and thanksgiving unto Thee, the Unoriginate Father, with Thine Only-begotten Son, and Thine All-holy and good and life-creating Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

If the Ninth Hour will be said immediately after the Sixth Hour, it begins now with O come, let us worship… Otherwise, continue:

Upvote 0

The Prokeimenon!

Feb 3, 2004
some crummy town
✟18,326.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now….

Glory... Both now….

Glory... Both now….

(Psalm 83) How beloved are Thy dwellings, O Lord of Hosts; my soul longeth and fainteth for the courts of the Lord.* My heart and my flesh have rejoiced in the living God.* For the sparrow hath found herself a house, and the turtledove a nest for herself where she may lay her young, even Thine altars, O Lord of Hosts, my King and my God.* Blessed are they that dwell in Thy house; unto ages of ages shall they praise Thee.* Blessed is the man whose help is from Thee; he hath made ascents in his heart, in the vale of weeping, in the place which he hath appointed. * Yea, for the lawgiver will give blessings; they shall go from strength to strength, the God of Gods shall be seen in Sion.* O Lord of Hosts, hearken unto my prayer; give ear, O God of Jacob.* O God, our defender, behold, and look upon the face of Thine anointed one.* For better is one day in Thy court than thousands elsewhere.* I have chosen rather to be an outcast in the house of my God than to dwell in the tents of sinners.* For the Lord loveth mercy and truth, God will give grace and glory; the Lord will not withhold good things from them that walk in innocence.* O Lord God of Hosts, blessed is the man that hopeth in Thee.

(Psalm 84) Thou hast been gracious, O Lord, unto Thy land; Thou hast turned back the captivity of Jacob.* Thou hast forgiven the iniquities of Thy people, Thou hast covered all their sins.* Thou hast made all Thy wrath to cease, Thou hast turned back from the wrath of Thine- anger.* Turn us back, O God of our salvation, and turn away Thine anger from us.* Wilt Thou be wroth with us unto the ages? Or wilt Thou draw out Thy wrath from* generation to generation? * O God, Thou wilt turn and quicken us, and Thy people shall be glad in Thee. * Show us, O Lord, Thy mercy, and Thy salvation do Thou give unto us.* I will hear what the Lord God will speak in me; for He will speak to His people and to His saints and to them that turn their heart unto Him.* Surely nigh unto them that fear Him is His salvation, that glory may dwell in our land.* Mercy and truth are met together, righteousness and peace have kissed each other.* Truth is sprung up out of the earth, and righteousness hath looked down from heaven.* Yea, for the Lord will give goodness, and our land shall yield her fruit.* Righteousness shall go before him and shall set his footsteps in the way.

(Psalm 85) Bow down Thine ear, O Lord, and hearken unto me, for poor and needy am I.* Preserve my soul, for I am holy; save Thy servant, O my God, that hopeth in Thee.* Have mercy on me, O Lord, for unto Thee will I cry all the day long; make glad the soul of Thy servant, for unto Thee have I lifted up my soul.* For Thou, O Lord, art good and gentle, and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon Thee.* Give ear, O Lord, unto my prayer, and attend unto the voice of my supplication.* In the day of mine affliction have I cried unto Thee, for Thou hast heard me.* There is none like unto Thee among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like unto Thy works. All the nations whom Thou hast made shall worship before Thee, O Lord, and shall glorify Thy name.* For Thou art great and workest wonders; Thou alone art God.* Guide me, O Lord, in Thy way, and I will walk in Thy truth; let my heart rejoice that I may fear Thy name.* I will confess Thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart, and I will glorify Thy name forever.* For great is Thy mercy upon me, and Thou hast delivered my soul from the nethermost hades.* O God, transgressors have risen up against me, and the assembly of the mighty hath sought after my soul, and they have not set Thee before them.* But Thou, O Lord my God, art compassionate and merciful, long-suffering and plenteous in mercy, and true.* Look upon me and have mercy upon me; give Thy strength unto Thy servant, and save the son of Thy handmaiden. * Work in me a sign unto good, and let them that hate me behold and be put to shame; for Thou, O Lord, hast helped me and comforted me.

Glory… Both Now…

Glory…

TROPARION OF THE DAY

Both now…

O Thou Who for our sake wast born of a Virgin, and didst suffer crucifixion, O Good One, and didst despoil death by death, and, as God, didst reveal the resurrection: Disdain not them which Thou hast fashioned with Thine hand; show forth Thy love for mankind, O Merciful One; accept the Theotokos who gave Thee birth, who intercedeth for us; and do Thou, our Savior, save a despairing people.
Deliver us not up utterly, for Thy holy name's sake, and neither disannul Thou Thy covenant, and cause not Thy mercy to depart from us, for Abraham's sake, Thy beloved; and for Isaac's sake, Thy servant; and for Israel's, Thy holy one.

TRISAGION

Glory... Both now...

Glory… Both Now…

KONTAKION OF THE DAY

THE PRAYER OF THE HOURS

Glory… Both Now…

THE FINAL PRAYER OF THE NINTH HOUR (THE PRAYER OF ST. BASIL THE GREAT)
O Master, Lord Jesus Christ our God, Who art long-suffering in the face of our transgressions, and Who hast brought us even unto this present hour, wherein Thou didst hang upon the life-giving tree, and didst make a way into paradise for the wise thief, and by death didst destroy death: Be gracious unto us sinners and Thine unworthy servants; for we have sinned and committed iniquity, and are not worthy to lift up our eyes and behold the height of heaven, for we have abandoned the way of Thy righteousness, and have walked in the desires of our hearts. But we beseech Thy boundless goodness: Spare us, O Lord, according to the multitude of Thy mercy and save us for Thy holy name’s sake; for our days were consumed in vanity. Rescue us from the hand of the adversary, and forgive us our sins, and mortify our carnal mind; that, putting aside the old man, we may be clad with the new, and live for Thee, our Master and Benefactor; and that thus by following in Thy commandments, we may attain to rest everlasting, wherein is the dwelling-place of all them that rejoice. For Thou art indeed the true joy and gladness of them that love Thee, O Christ our God, and unto Thee we send up glory, with Thine unoriginate Father, and Thy Most-holy and good and life-creating Spirit, now and ever, and unto the ages of ages. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.