✟33,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
This afternoon before church I sat by a brook praying and wrote this:

He leadeth me beside still waters, by the little meandering brook; the pool of still waters ripples with the wind.
Restore my soul O LORD, as you restore the green springtime growth with your waters.

I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth on me though he were dead, yet shall he live. Abide in me and I in you.
--------

In church I found the pastor prayed this morning from Psalm 139:23-24, which I also prayed this morning and posted at 11:41 here, as I had something to do so couldn't go to morning service.

Today's society is so often sacrificing the eternal on the altar of the immediate.

"Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
O ye sons of men, how long will ye turn my glory into shame? how long will ye love vanity, and seek after leasing? Selah.
But know that the Lord hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the Lord will hear when I call unto him.
Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah." (Psalm 4:1-4)

Consider Abraham, who was godly:
Genesis 18:1-3,
"And the LORD appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day;
And he lift up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground,
And said, My Lord, if now I have found favour in thy sight, pass not away, I pray thee, from thy servant"

"And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;
Seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him?
For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him." (18:17-19)

For I know him, that is, Yahweh, the LORD knew Abraham, just as He knew Noah was righteous and found grace in His sight.

Note also that Abraham does more for Sodom being OUTSIDE of Sodom, than Lot did sitting IN Sodom! Lot couldn't even get his son in laws to leave, and certainly didn't take any of his buddies he sat in the gate of Sodom with. Abraham communed with the LORD, was able to pray for Sodom, and received the promise of Isaac through Sarah. Genesis 18:13-14,
"And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?
Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son."