Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The brown skin of the native Americans and the black race had nothing to do with each other. Native Americans, Polynesians, the black Aborigines of Australia all could hold the priesthood. For some unknown reason Young singled out the black men of Africa, I think personal it was because of slavery. A slave can not honor the Priesthood by going on a mission while chained to a wall, to have the priesthood one must have self determination. Even into the 60s and early 70 blacks in America were disenfranchised, they were not allowed to vote. In some neighborhoods they could not walk the streets let alone buy a house. Because of this the burden of the priesthood was with held until a time came when they were truly free. At the same time in Africa and pretty much unknown to the Church until the early 60s there were groups of wonderful black people reading the Book of Mormon and forming their own congregations.

Here's a speech given at BYU by E. Dale LeBaron called African Converts Without Baptism.
In it he gives many accounts of the miracles which happened bring thousands of Africans into the Church.
/speeches.byu.edu/talks/e-dale-lebaron_african-converts-without-baptism/

Upvote 0

Alla27

English is my second language
Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟16,656.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Southern Baptists have apologized for past racism.

• Have Mormons acknowledged the racism of it's leaders?
  • Have the Mormons ever apologized for the sin of racism?

Or has this been an issue of spin and avoidance of shouldering the blame? This thread focuses on debate of the issue of Mormon racism and the acknowledgement of the sin of racism.
Probably some leaders were racists. But I don't know.
Church doesn't apologize for God's will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: drstevej
Upvote 0

withwonderingawe

Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2015
Salem Ut
✟161,549.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Their racism was God's idea?
Their racism was God's idea?

Deut 2
33 And the Lord our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.
34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:
35 Only the cattle we took for a prey unto ourselves, and the spoil of the cities which we took.

This is God’s will?

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.1 Corinthians 14:34

This is God’s will?

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh,…Eph 6

This was God’s will?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Deut 2
33 And the Lord our God delivered him before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people.
34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:
35 Only the cattle we took for a prey unto ourselves, and the spoil of the cities which we took.

This is God’s will?

Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.1 Corinthians 14:34

This is God’s will?

Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh,…Eph 6

This was God’s will?
Yes, that's God's will. I'm sure you'll explain the relevance to the topic.

Upvote 0

Alla27

Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟16,656.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
to
https://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng
It was God's idea to be racist, and the change His mind.
It was God's idea that Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and not to the Gentiles. Is this racist or not racist? this is the question!
Another question: why did Jesus say that He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and not ALL people? racist? Why did God "change" His mind and later sent His apostles to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles who were not lost sheep of the house of Israel?
God said in Math 15: 26 But He(God) answered and said (to Gentile woman), It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
WOW! God calls Israelites "children" and He calls Gentiles "dogs"?!
racist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
to
It was God's idea that Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and not to the Gentiles. Is this racist or not racist? this is the question!
Another question: why did Jesus say that He was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and not ALL people? racist? Why did God "change" His mind and later sent His apostles to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles who were not lost sheep of the house of Israel?
God said in Math 15: 26 But He(God) answered and said (to Gentile woman), It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
WOW! God calls Israelites "children" and He calls Gentiles "dogs"?!
racist?
It's clear through scripture that God has a chosen people. God owes no man anything. But I'm not sure what that has to the topic.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The relevance is this: Sometimes God's will is very, very strange. Women, keep silence in Church. Sounds kind of sexist to me.
So why are you guys bristling at Dr Steve's question?

Upvote 0

Alla27

Dec 13, 2015
Idaho
✟16,656.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's clear through scripture that God has a chosen people. God owes no man anything. But I'm not sure what that has to the topic.
This topic is about racism and LDS Church. I said that the Church doesn't apologies for God's will.
It was God's will to compare house of Israel with "children" and Gentiles with "dogs".
Did someone apologies for these words OF GOD to the Gentiles?
Is this offensive to call someone a dog while to call the other "a child"?

why is house of Israel chosen and others are not? racist? did someone apologize for this?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,747,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
This topic is about racism and LDS Church. I said that the Church doesn't apologies for God's will.
It was God's will to compare house of Israel with "children" and Gentiles with "dogs".
Did someone apologies for these words OF GOD to the Gentiles?
Then why not just come out and say that God told you to discriminate against blacks and then have new direction later?

Upvote 0