✟1,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi,

Me and My girlfriend have just met... we started dating about a week and a half ago. We were on a trip together... and we both felt that God was leading us into a relationship. Well, here is the deal- she's 3 states away from me. She lives in North Carolina... and I live here in Texas. I promised to go see her and everything... and we are talking everyday... she was suppose to call me on the phone... she hasn't yet.

But anyway... I know God has given her to me. And I am wondering what is the best thing to do in a Long Distance Relationship? We will eventually be together... but for now we are seperated. And I am kinda' worried b/c it's so early in the relationship and we aren't spending physical time together. Will this hinder our relationship later?

Dave.

Reactions: MN John

Lizzi4Christ

I'm worth waiting for.
Feb 13, 2002
It doesn't matter... my home is Heaven!
✟8,050.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
superdave said:
And I am kinda' worried b/c it's so early in the relationship and we aren't spending physical time together. Will this hinder our relationship later?

Only if you let it. My boyfriend and I live 2 states away and we got together long distance. It was 8 months before we saw each other.

Having a long distance relationship is hard. You have temptations like you wouldn't believe. But having a long distance relationship can be good. You know how commited you are to that person, how much they're commited to you. You learn to communicate, which I think is one of the most important things. That's what I think the trouble is, a lot of couples in general don't know how to communicate, it's all physical.

It also makes you appreciate each other. The week we were together, we hardly left each others sides and we did all that we could do and treasured it.

It's hard and there will be times when you want to give up. But try. It takes a lot of dedication, a lot of commitment and a lot of communication. Then again, isn't that what marriage is about?

If I could take back the past 10 months, I wouldn't. I think it's made me and my guy closer then I thought I could ever be to someone.

Upvote 0

Mr.Cheese

Legend
Apr 14, 2002
✟21,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Naah dude. I dated my wife long distance for a year and a half. It teaches you how to focus on important things without the distraction of our physical desires. It's hard to do, and it's scary. You definitely see if you're serious or not.
For now, it think it would be wise for both of you to have an agreement that things happen and yu won't hold it against each other if it doesn't work out.
You are going to learn to communicate like you never knew before. You are going to have to listen and work on overcoming misunderstandings without getting mad. For me, long distance was the best thing that happened to me.

Upvote 0

urbanfaerie

Veteran
Apr 17, 2003
gargamel's castle
Visit site
✟1,392.00
Faith
Non-Denom
my bf, and man i will one day marry, lives 2000 miles away.

sumdays it really sux. but i'm getting to know him on so many different levels. its awesome.

i personally thing u getta know sumone beter online/mail/phone. then u would in person. cuz their more likely to open up..

its a beautiful thing.

i hope things work out wid ya both.

Upvote 0

enslow

Jun 26, 2003
✟15,516.00
Faith
Christian
SuperDave (is that after Super Dave Osborne? be careful then ;) )

You are in a special position where you can get to know your girlfriend without the physical contact which would cloud your mind of logical decisions. Take advantage of the situation and learn about each other and enjoy each other's communication.
Enslow

Upvote 0

LadyBird

Dance Me to the End of Love
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that it just depends on the people in the relationship. I know that I could never do a long distance relationship...I would miss my boyfriend too much!!! But then there are others who say that it was the best thing that could have happened for them and their relationship so I really think it just depends. Good luck!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JahRawks

Jul 1, 2003
Earth
Visit site
✟389.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I agree with the majority here, my first, and current relationship of 10 months has been long distance from the start, and it's awesome and hard at the same time, I miss her so much, but I know that she loves me, and trusts me, and I'm sure she knows the same thing about me, cause well, if she didn't, I'm pretty sure this relationship wouldn't have made it to 10 months, communication is definately key though, a long distance relationship is hard work, but in the long run, I think it's worth it, I feel you learn more about a persons character that way, Good luck with your relationship.

Upvote 0
Personally, my fiance and I dated for a year before we saw each other physically, and then when we did he was 300 miles away, so it was once a month or more...but I think it was good for our relationship. We both knew how committed we were to each other, and we could get 'close' without getting 'close' and getting tempted. If it's meant to be, then everything will work out :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums