Oct 2, 2020
✟623,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe because it's not a valid comparison. Funny how you assume what some people care about.
It is to me, which is why I'm seeing crocodile tears. And you're right, I should've said it sure seems that way.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,186.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is to me, which is why I'm seeing crocodile tears. And you're right, I should've said it sure seems that way.
The dog business is a little overboard. So the pooch was shot. That's not such a big deal. It's the fact that she was unaware of how it would make her appear. Shows a lack of political nous.

The main problem is her lying about people she said she'd met. And I've got ten bucks that says I know what a likely response will be.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The dog business is a little overboard. So the pooch was shot. That's not such a big deal. It's the fact that she was unaware of how it would make her appear. Shows a lack of political nous.
I suppose so. I'm guessing it was a South Dakota ranch type mentality were folks like that don't blink an eye at such a thing. But I understand it sounding more barbaric to a city person.
The main problem is her lying about people she said she'd met. And I've got ten bucks that says I know what a likely response will be.
Now that's an issue I won't argue against if that's the case.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tens of thousands of dogs are euthanized, and as many goats and sheep are slautered. Those bewailing this, would congratulate her for getting an abortion.
Like who? Who would do that, amongst the posters here?

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She lost me when she went to the NRA Convention and talked about getting her 2 year-old granddaughter a pink AR-15.

I am not surprised at her cruelty to animals.

I see the "pro-life" position of most Republicans as being a convenient, cheap way to pull in a few more votes. Let's face it, if you are one of the 99% you aren't getting much help or respect from the Republican party. They don't want to give you Social Security. Health care. A fair minimum wage. Good roads and bridges. Clean air.

Since they can't give you what you really need, they try to pull you in with issues like abortion and gay marriage. You can see Republican legislators trying to distance themselves from the Dobbs decision now that they see it's unpopular.

I have never seen Noem do anything that would indicate a true pro-life philosophy. Giving a 2 year-old a pink AR-15 is something I'd call grandparental negligence.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like who?
Some of all of those bewailing it across all social mediums. The same kind of people who freak out over someone eating an egg, but are ultra pro-abortion. In my opinion.
Who would do that, amongst the posters here?
Calling out members is against the rules.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some of all of those bewailing it across all social mediums. The same kind of people who freak out over someone eating an egg, but are ultra pro-abortion. In my opinion.

Calling out members is against the rules.
Then maybe you should not say that people here would do that without evidence. It's a stupid accusation that is made worse by "Oh, I'm not naming names but it's true, you know who I mean"**wink, wink, nudge, nudge** It's throwing crap at posters here in a truly weaselly way. This is calling out your post.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Personally I would've had the dog picked up by animal control to be put down for free.

I assisted in that once when it came to an old Akita that had been separated from its owner and was angry and miserable, and most of all was a threat to my 4 year old niece.

Then there was my elderly half blind mother's half blind old cat she kept nearly tripping over. I arranged to have Fluffy taken out too (my mom wasn't upset over it).
We all get to have choices in what whacky things politicians (may) do and if we should take to social media to “defend them” (or not).
I would ask you why you felt the need to defend this person?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then maybe you should not say that people here would do that without evidence. It's a stupid accusation that is made worse by "Oh, I'm not naming names but it's true, you know who I mean"**wink, wink, nudge, nudge** It's throwing crap at posters here in a truly weaselly way. This is calling out your post.
okay.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We all get to have choices in what whacky things politicians (may) do and if we should take to social media to “defend them” (or not).
I would ask you why you felt the need to defend this person?
It's more about calling out the rhetoric than defending the person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, it’s not as if she regretted the necessity of shooting it that irks so much that she expressed anger and hatred for the pet just before putting it down.
I wonder if self awareness is valued in American politics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It's more about calling out the rhetoric than defending the person.
Okay.
One side might be: “She’s a no-nonsense person who will kill a ‘problem’ animal herself (rather than laying a ‘problem’ at the feet of another), and can make the ‘tough choices’; we need people like this in our government!”

Another side might be: “This person sees the use of a gun to ‘solve problems’ as a ‘good thing’; do we want entrust someone like that to make decisions for the rest of us!?”

But I do not wish to put words into your mouth.
I’ve seen your “arguments” and they seem to lead us into an abortion (of a) thread.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay.
One side might be: “She’s a no-nonsense person who will kill a ‘problem’ animal herself (rather than laying a ‘problem’ at the feet of another), and can make the ‘tough choices’; we need people like this in our government!”

Another side might be: “This person sees the use of a gun to ‘solve problems’ as a ‘good thing’; do we want entrust someone like that to make decisions for the rest of us!?”

But I do not wish to put words into your mouth.
I’ve seen your “arguments” and they seem to lead us into an abortion (of a) thread.
I think she's a South Dakota rancher who did what other SD ranchers do all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I thought she did that not to appear stupid. I mean, who gets an autobiography published without reading it?
This seemed unlikely already, but...
That's pretty dumb. But...we now know that she read it. Because she narrated the audio version. So it's not now a simply case of stupidity.
Seriously? I was wondering about this. I suspected she read her own autobiography. It would be really word to listen to an audiobook of someone else reading first person statements.
She lied.
Oh yeah she did. No veep for you Kristie. Trump has way too much political savvy to pick her after this (despite his frequent use of "like a dog" in the negative). If he did some dark money superpac would be formed ("Animal lovers against Noem.") and attack her relentlessly with her own words (probably in her own voice) and tie her to Trump like an anchor.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I think she's a South Dakota rancher who did what other SD ranchers do all the time.
Oh, as rhetoric, it’s classic, (if somewhat mundane), fare.
Still, what goes on in South Dakota might not play in Peroria.

Upvote 0