Is the TDOV the possible abomination of desolation standing in place of Easter?

dmitry677

Dmitriy
Oct 28, 2023
Izhevsk
Visit site
✟9,017.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just read the news and it occurred to me that the following might be the case in light of the prophecy of Daniel about the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place and what follows it.

It's written that there will be about 3.5 years after the sacrifices are abolished that the abomination of desolation is set up. I am not an American, but I like Trump and he says that the previous elections were rigged and IF he's correct, then Biden was swearing on the Bible falsely, and so the Spirit of Truth is not in him. But the sacrifice pleasant to God is the Spirit of Truth:

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise

And so it can be said that the sacrifice, which the world's greatest country's leader should be making, was "abolished" at that moment. And around 3.5 years later, instead of the "holy place", which was always reserved for Easter -- the greatest Christian holiday -- we see the TDOV. The "desolation" part can be tied to it in the sense that the cities Sodom and Gomorrah were into this kind of stuff, but they were made desolate.

Please note, I'm not into politics and I'm not posting this to spark a discussion on politics -- there is a separate section on this forum for this.

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I saw a programme years ago. It was stated that if there was a nuclear war amongst the main countries that had nuclear weapons, it would result in a cloud covering one third of the earth, and therefore one third of the earth would be covered in darkness, the sun and moon would not shine on one third of the earth.

Jesus said the abomination that causes desolation would result in horrors unseen since the creation of the world and never to be equalled again. No horror has thus far come upon this earth than a nuclear war would produce. Jesus said after this would come darkness. In Rev ch8 it is stated the sun and moon will not shine on one third of the earth, so, one third of the earth would be covered in darkness. A third of the trees would be burned up, a third of the earth was burnt up, and all the green grass was burnt up.

There is only one way such a prophecy could now come to pass by the working of man

Reactions: dmitry677
Upvote 0

dmitry677

Dmitriy
Oct 28, 2023
Izhevsk
Visit site
✟9,017.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say the abomination that causes desolation is nuclear weapons

But what about these verses:

"For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."

Here we see how abomination of desolation is not surrounded by narrative of horrible things, but instead seems to be something that is akin to a profanation of a sort. We also read of it being done by people forsaking covenant and about corrupting by flatteries.

Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
But what about these verses:

"For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieved, and return, and have indignation against the holy covenant: so shall he do; he shall even return, and have intelligence with them that forsake the holy covenant. And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits."

Here we see how abomination of desolation is not surrounded by narrative of horrible things, but instead seems to be something that is akin to a profanation of a sort. We also read of it being done by people forsaking covenant and about corrupting by flatteries.
I would tend to stick with the plain words of Christ on the subject. Personally, I wouldn’t like to address your scriptures, I don’t go into this that much. Sorry

So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’[a] spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand— 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let no one on the housetop go down to take anything out of the house. 18 Let no one in the field go back to get their cloak. 19 How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! 20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again.

22 “If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. Matt24:15-22

Immediately after the distress of those days

“‘the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ verse29

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just read the news and it occurred to me that the following might be the case in light of the prophecy of Daniel about the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place and what follows it.

It's written that there will be about 3.5 years after the sacrifices are abolished that the abomination of desolation is set up. I am not an American, but I like Trump and he says that the previous elections were rigged and IF he's correct, then Biden was swearing on the Bible falsely, and so the Spirit of Truth is not in him. But the sacrifice pleasant to God is the Spirit of Truth:

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise

And so it can be said that the sacrifice, which the world's greatest country's leader should be making, was "abolished" at that moment. And around 3.5 years later, instead of the "holy place", which was always reserved for Easter -- the greatest Christian holiday -- we see the TDOV. The "desolation" part can be tied to it in the sense that the cities Sodom and Gomorrah were into this kind of stuff, but they were made desolate.

Please note, I'm not into politics and I'm not posting this to spark a discussion on politics -- there is a separate section on this forum for this.
Let us reason. What, where ,when and why? The basics in Biblical Hermeneutics first.

1) What... Jesus Christ of Nazareth was speaking about the end of the age of Temple Judaism by the destruction of Jerusalem in 70AD and its Temple.
2) Where.... 1st century Jerusalem.
3) When... 70AD.
4) Why.... judgment on those who rejected their Messiah namely Ist century Jews. He made the Temple desolate by their abomination.

Additionally, this day has been observed for over 15 years. It just so happens it landed on Easter this year.

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dmitry677

Dmitriy
Oct 28, 2023
Izhevsk
Visit site
✟9,017.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
4) Why.... judgment on those who rejected their Messiah namely Ist century Jews. He made the Temple desolate by their abomination.

Yes, I'm aware of that opinion. But I believe Bible is fractal-like. Mathematical fractals are a function, where if you keep zooming into one point on the visualization of it, you see the same picture as you saw earlier -- and on and on like that, into infinity. And in the Old Testament we see events unfold that resemble in certain ways the things that happened when Christ came. For example, when the eldest brother of Jacob basically told his brothers: if I don't bring our youngest brother from Egypt, let your fault be on me, this spoke of how Christ would later take the world's sin because the Jewish leaders rejected Him, which caused Him to give the Blessing to the gentiles. So what you said happened in 70AD could happen now too, and that event was possibly only a symbol of what was to come in the very end.

Additionally, this day has been observed for over 15 years. It just so happens it landed on Easter this year.

No, but the point is that 31st of March is now, by a Biden's decree, made into an official TVOD. This is what I found in a news article:

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility."

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I'm aware of that opinion. But I believe Bible is fractal-like. Mathematical fractals are a function, where if you keep zooming into one point on the visualization of it, you see the same picture as you saw earlier -- and on and on like that, into infinity. And in the Old Testament we see events unfold that resemble in certain ways the things that happened when Christ came. For example, when the eldest brother of Jacob basically told his brothers: if I don't bring our youngest brother from Egypt, let your fault be on me, this spoke of how Christ would later take the world's sin because the Jewish leaders rejected Him, which caused Him to give the Blessing to the gentiles. So what you said happened in 70AD could happen now too, and that event was possibly only a symbol of what was to come in the very end.

No, but the point is that 31st of March is now, by a Biden's decree, made into an official TVOD. This is what I found in a news article:

"NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim March 31, 2024, as Transgender Day of Visibility."
You do know that Easter Sunday can vary over 20 days year by year. You will he happy to know that the next time it lands on March 31st will not be until 2030. What are we going to do when it lands on St Paddy' s day!!

Here are the projected dates of Easter Sunday from 2025 to 2035:

• 2025: April 20
  • 2026: April 5
  • 2027: March 28
  • 2028: April 16
  • 2029: April 1
  • 2030: March 31
  • 2031: April 20
  • 2032: April 11
  • 2033: March 26
  • 2034: April 15
  • 2035: March 24 (interestingly, this coincides with Saint Patrick's Day!)

Upvote 0

dmitry677

Dmitriy
Oct 28, 2023
Izhevsk
Visit site
✟9,017.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do know that Easter Sunday can vary over 20 days year by year. You will he happy to know that the next time it lands on March 31st will not be until 2030. What are we going to do when it lands on St Paddy' s day!!

I see what you mean. Didn't see this at first. But then, does the Bible mention how long will the abomination remain where it is set up? If not, then perhaps the hypothesis isn't fully refuted by the fact that the Easter Sunday varies in what date it falls on.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see what you mean. Didn't see this at first. But then, does the Bible mention how long will the abomination remain where it is set up? If not, then perhaps the hypothesis isn't fully refuted by the fact that the Easter Sunday varies in what date it falls on.
This has been fulfilled...from the day Jesus Christ of Nazareth died, rose and ascend, the end of the Jewish age of Temple Judaism ended ( they made their temple desolate due to their abomination by rejection of their Messiah) just before the next generation as He said it would when He said ...
Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dmitry677

Dmitriy
Oct 28, 2023
Izhevsk
Visit site
✟9,017.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This has been fulfilled...from the day Jesus Christ of Nazareth died, rose and ascend, the end of the Jewish age of Temple Judaism ended ( they made their temple desolate due to their abomination by rejection of their Messiah) just before the next generation as He said it would when He said ...
Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place.

That's good, thanks for making this clear to me.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The abomination of desolation set up will be a statue image of the beast-king placed out in the open on the temple mount. It does not happen until the middle part of the 70th week of Daniel 9:27.

counrt forward 1290 days.jpg

Upvote 0

dmitry677

Dmitriy
Oct 28, 2023
Izhevsk
Visit site
✟9,017.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The abomination of desolation set up will be a statue image of the beast-king placed out in the open on the temple mount.

Thank you for sharing this good visual aid. I want to just make a comment though on what you said about that you think that the image of the beast will be a statue. I personally disagree with it -- I believe the image is a human being. My reasoning is as follows.

As we read in Revelation 17, the beast that is to come -- "the 8th" -- "is of the seven". But as this beast is presented in Revelation 13, we see it contains parts of all other beasts (mouth of a lion, legs of a leopard, etc.). And judging by history, this beast is the modern western world as a whole. This is because the 7th head is Roman empire, 6-3 heads are Greece, 2nd -- Media, and 1st -- Persia. But when Revelation was given, one of the remaining Greek "Diadochi" (4 heads) were not yet taken over by Roman head. It was the Parthia kingdom, which took over from the Greek Sassanids. But when the Ottoman empire was defeated by the "Roman" countries in early 20th century, the kingdom was fully made Roman, because the Ottoman empire was the one that actually overcame Parthia. This is when the beasts of Daniel have been put on the Roman leash by the dollar and by the thereat of nuclear fire from heaven after the WW2. And America became the great and powerful woman ruling the Roman, western beast.

Now as for the image of the beast, one idea is that this is related to the fact that the European countries do not have a powerful president to rule them, but that it will eventually happen according to Rev. 17, when the 10 kings will submit their power to the "beast", until the words of God are fulfilled. This ruler will promote hatred towards Russia on the east as part of building up momentum for war with it, and whoever will not agree with his position will be excluded from his socio-economic system, where the coming e-currency will be allowed to be used only for the "politically correct", causing others to die from starvation.

He will be an image in the sense that he (or she?) will be making others believe his words instead of Christ's, who promotes mutual respect and calls hatred towards other people sinful. The war rhetoric and arms supply to fuel the east-European conflict (the "fire from heaven") would be the the way to bring about this image into power. The false prophet (apparently the two of the most vehement EU countries?) will as though be saying we need a strong leader to guide us to war with our enemy on the east.

Another theory I have though is that the image of the beast is the dollar on which it is written "In God we Trust" (in Bible it's written "my Words are Spirit" and so the inscription on the coin is the "spirit", and the coin can also be said to "speak" this inscription). But what is the "God" in question if not the god of war -- "god of forces", because it's written that "by their fruits you shall know them". In such God if anyone trusts, I don't think it's good for them. But praise be to Christ he took all our faults once for all time, and that commandment is for man and not man for the commandment (Sabbath is a commandment afterall), which things if we believe, we are free from this condemnation.

I'm still stuck between these two possibilities.

"saying to those dwelling upon the land to make an image to the beast that hath the stroke of the sword and did live, and there was given to it to give a spirit to the image of the beast, that also the image of the beast may speak, and [that] it may cause as many as shall not bow before the image of the beast, that they may be killed"

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for sharing this good visual aid. I want to just make a comment though on what you said about that you think that the image of the beast will be a statue. I personally disagree with it -- I believe the image is a human being. My reasoning is as follows.
In Revelation 13, there is the beast coming out of the sea - that is a kingdom. Of that kingdom, one of the heads, mortally wounded, but healed is a king (called the beast as well throughout the rest of Revelation, but specifically is the beast-king, i.e. king of that kingdom)

The kingdom is the EU in its final form, the end times manifestation of the Roman Empire. It will be the dominant kingdom over the rest of the world during that 42 months reign of the beast-king.

There will be three other global sectors of power - the north, the south, the east. The beast-king will be king of the west - i.e. leader of the EU, with other western nations like the U.S. and Canada as allies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The statue image will be of the beast-king. Which when made will be placed on the temple mount (the holy place, Jesus referred to in Matthew 24:15)

In-animate in its initial months. But when Satan is cast down to earth in Revelation 12:7-9, he will indwell the statue image, making it appear to come alive and speak. Such that, people who worship the image will unknowingly be worshiping Satan.

At Jesus's return, the statue image will go up in flames, turned to ashes, and Satan exposed for everyone to visually see him. And them who had been worshiping the image will be shocked when they find that they had been worshiping Satan. That it will happen like that is in Ezekiel 28:16-19.

Here is a visual I made of that day.

Revelation 19, small size.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟127,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He will be an image in the sense that he (or she?) will be making others believe his words instead of Christ's, who promotes mutual respect and calls hatred towards other people sinful. The war rhetoric and arms supply to fuel the east-European conflict (the "fire from heaven") would be the the way to bring about this image into power. The false prophet (apparently the two of the most vehement EU countries?) will as though be saying we need a strong leader to guide us to war with our enemy on the east.
The "it" is called a beast. Because the image brought to life, would be what we call AI.

You are turning a human into a symbolic computer of knowledge and information.

John is saying the very opposite. The computer and information will be so much in the image of a human, that people will be amazed that Satan could indeed create his own human just like God did on the 6th day.

Satan will be in charge for 42 months. He will have one human spokesman, the FP. But the beast is not a human, but the image of the perfect human created by Satan and the FP. Satan will be supplying the basic needs of humanity.

This is not about trying to figure out current politics nor even nation against nation. At the 6th Seal, the entire earth is going to be rearranged by God in a baptism of fire. All of man's works are going to be burned up, literally.

Satan is going to have to replace everything God took away.

Upvote 0