Is modern secular society headed down the path to Sodom and Gomorrah.

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟1,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I don't care about sealings. Why should I.
Having an interest in otters would be a prerequisite to having a discussion about otters.

If you "don't care about sealings" - then why do you engage in a discussion about Sealings?
Don't put words in my mouth. (I am familiar with the comedic literature on the topic of sexless marriage.)
You don't seem to be familiar with the idea of a sexless marriage since you keep claiming that the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr having multiple wives implies that he had sex with them.
It is hard to have a discussion when the opposing side is only quoting official propaganda.
It is important when discussing any topic to try and use only what has been proven.

We all know that Han shot first - we all saw it - and you lived it.

Does it really matter what other people say?

Would you consider the opinion of those who "don't care about Han Solo" to be as valuable or worthy of our attention as those who not only care but know he shot first?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Having an interest in otters would be a prerequisite to having a discussion about otters.

If you "don't care about sealings" - then why do you engage in a discussion about Sealings?
I'm not engaging is a conversation about 'sealings' and I don't care what ceremony was performed. I'm discussing a sex predator.
You don't seem to be familiar with the idea of a sexless marriage since you keep claiming that the Prophet Joseph Smith Jr having multiple wives implies that he had sex with them.

It is important when discussing any topic to try and use only what has been proven.
There is plenty of testimony about the sex part.
We all know that Han shot first - we all saw it - and you lived it.

Does it really matter what other people say?

Would you consider the opinion of those who "don't care about Han Solo" to be as valuable or worthy of our attention as those who not only care but know he shot first?
This is why I thought you might be a fun discussion partner. No one seems to get my reference that quick. But you clearly have your dander up about your church (which CF does not recognize) and that makes things kind of hard.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,143,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He was a character in an old Japanese cartoon - the villain.

I didn't see much of the show - but I liked the name of that character.
That's an interesting choice for a screen name. But I realize, you're free to name your account as you please, mostly.
Do you believe that the evil sorcerer Zaha Torte and the prophet Mormon have something in common?

I don't think they're connected directly; however, it all depends on the intention and context of the user's choice.

There's a reason, though, I didn't choose "Spectra" as my own screen name. :smoke: Whatever the case is, though, I'm done talking about this.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟1,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I'm not engaging is a conversation about 'sealings' and I don't care what ceremony was performed. I'm discussing a sex predator.
Yet without knowing what a Sealing is - you are not qualified to declare that anyone in regard to this topic is a sex predator.
There is plenty of testimony about the sex part.
I am sure you will find lots of third-hand accounts of people claiming all kinds of things.

Feel free to share any credible sources you want.
This is why I thought you might be a fun discussion partner.
As long as everyone involved is being reasonable and honest - I am a fun discussion partner.
No one seems to get my reference that quick.
That's a shame. It's a good one.
But you clearly have your dander up about your church (which CF does not recognize) and that makes things kind of hard.
CF recognizes that the LDS Church exists - they just do not believe it is a Christian Church.

I disagree - of course - but I'm not going to let it upset or offend. They are entitled to their opinion, and this is their site.

I do agree that being LDS on this site can be kind of difficult. Not being able to post on Christian Only threads for example.

It will be difficult to offend me though and I hope we can have fun discussions going forward.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟307,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yet without knowing what a Sealing is - you are not qualified to declare that anyone in regard to this topic is a sex predator.
It doesn't matter what it is. The "sealing" isn't going to make anything that happened acceptable, or not happen.
I am sure you will find lots of third-hand accounts of people claiming all kinds of things.

Feel free to share any credible sources you want.
None of this is even remotely on topic and I doubt you would find any evidence that could be found convincing. There is no point to this.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟1,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't matter what it is. The "sealing" isn't going to make anything that happened acceptable, or not happen.
Without knowing what a Sealing is - you don't know what happened.

You have yet to even share any evidence to support what you think happened.

And by what standard are you judging what is or is not "acceptable"?
None of this is even remotely on topic and I doubt you would find any evidence that could be found convincing.
It is on topic in regard to the repeated claims that you have made. Claims that you have not even tried to support.

I would not be the one looking for evidence to support your claim.
There is no point to this.
That may be true at this point - but only because of you.

I wish we could talk about things openly and without judgment.

Yet - as I said - you are not prepared to have this discussion.

God bless.

Upvote 0