Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, you're one of those Christians... the hellfire, "God-is-going-to-get-you", "God is a god of wrath" ones. I might have known.

I don't think we'll have much to discuss in the future.

Yes, if we're going to say, "God killed his own son" then the right question to ask might be what manner of evil is he incapable of?

I guess it all comes down to your own view of who God is (how absolute).

And my avatar is N.T. Wright.

As far as my statements being atheistic. Okay? On the basis of what? My appeal to logic and facts? Okay? Anything else?

I'd sooner be a misotheist than an atheist. Only a fool says there is absolutely no god. I'm no fool.

I guess it all comes down to your own view of who God is (how absolute).
Ya! You have me pegged. God of wrath lover - that I am. Your arguments are from a long list of atheist. They are rather like a belt of bullets being fed into the chamber of the enemy's machine gun -- look out Christians, Christian Simpleton has a better God we should appeal to. If anyone doesn't agree with that Idolatrous or Blasphemous mental image you've created then they're ignorant right?

Anyhoot, don't get your panties all wadded up. Why would you put a picture of someone else in your avatar, I'm still thinking you're trying to pass yourself off as someone else.

Anyways, as to your genocidal or child killing maniac, have you ever thought for a moment how children may look to God? One thing that can be said of the God of the OT is, my God knows how to win a battle. There if anything also reveals that there are Just reasons to go to war. Some panzy liberal pacifist appeals to logic and facts ehh?

I don't think we'll have much to discuss in the future.
There's probably more to this statement then the eye can see...

The God of Wrath lover that I am says no children go to heaven. Are we not going to receive our perfect resurrected bodies? And when I say we I don't mean you, that I do not know. The question is will our bodies be children's bodies or full grown and mature bodies in the peak of their development? Perhaps God in all his infinite wisdom, despite your appeal to logic and so called facts from that incapable finite mind of yours knows more about the future than you do? Are you capable of passing complete and fair judgment over someone despite your short comings?

You are hilarious, the more I reflect back on what you're stating. Even your polygamy position. It goes something like this, Kings of the past sealed treaties with taking the hands of daughters of conquered Kings to them. Well, if God was spoken for by a Prophet to a King that he may have more than one wife so to should I! Or maybe we could shoehorn progressive revelation into this pattern of logic. Ya' know what that is right, its when something was revealed one way until later, an example would be - incest. Incest wasn't a sin at first, perhaps there are so called "logical" reasons such as the genetic code not having been deteriorated as later generations. Where in the NT does it say that we are to take more than one wife and become many flesh? The church and Christ are even an example of one Groom and Bride.

The God of Wrath Lover that I am praises God and looks towards the end times when all will understand fully God's righteous and Just judgment. The audacity you're presenting is just hilarious.... if you think the God of the OT is bad, wait until the second coming of Jesus Christ!

Now, Shout Glory :clap:

Upvote 0

Cush

Orthodox Presbyterian
Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Even when he kills children and endorses slavery and polygamy?

Does he say endorse slavery? Or does He instruct slave owners in how to fairly treat their slaves, that is, if they own one?

I still say there is nothing wrong with slavery by consent. It is a noble way to pay off debt, that is, opposed to seeking Gov't entitlements or asking for handouts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Does he say endorse slavery? Or does He instruct slave owners in how to fairly treat their slaves, that is, if they own one?

I still say there is nothing wrong with slavery by consent. It is a noble way to pay off debt, that is, opposed to seeking Gov't entitlements or asking for handouts.

Apparently, he does. God seems to endorse everything you do. How does that work? Or is it the other way around? Either way, both you and God seem quite keen on the practice of owning other human beings as property. Is this a standard Christian position, because I've seen others use the same logic as you and make the same statements. So I can only assume that it is standard Christian values to appeal to and endorse the practice of slavery.

Upvote 0

Cush

Orthodox Presbyterian
Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Apparently, he does. God seems to endorse everything you do. How does that work? Or is it the other way around? Either way, both you and God seem quite keen on the practice of owning other human beings as property. Is this a standard Christian position, because I've seen others use the same logic as you and make the same statements. So I can only assume that it is standard Christian values to appeal to and endorse the practice of slavery.

Slavery exists today and is more prevalent than at any other time in history. The world would be a better place if everyone took upon themselves to learn the Scriptures on fair slave handling. The slavery of America is nothing like Biblical slavery.

The slavery in the Bible, that is, despite what is made by "assuming" or "seemingly" or "apparently" existent - isn't made on the basis of race or sex.

You're a slave to country, a slave to the flesh or a slave to Christ. Which is it? Who have you sold yourself out to? You say you're a Christian and I "assume" too as much as you do, that when you call Jesus Lord you do despite what your own will wants. Why is it that it just so appears that in every turn of the way, despite saying Lord, you're here arguing that you're capable of knowing better than Him?

Jesus already paid the price for the great "whosoever" believieth. They don't need another savior, your ways and thinking show the surface of your knowledge. Your posts are a prime example of why Secular Humanism has a field day with a lot of Christians... lack of discipleship. You are demonstrating an inability to distinguish between judgment and cruelty. For many that have such a mentality they could read scripture 1000 times and yet the book remains closed to them, they'll never see the goodness of God.

God is holy. Man can barely understand the implications of holiness, so how can we understand God sufficiently to judge Him as good or evil? The curses, etc. are a result of evil men's works, not because God merely feels like delving out punishment. Shall the clay say to the potter, "Why have you made me thus? And some vessels for honor while others for dishonor?" "Woe unto he that striveth with his Maker."

Now, Mr. why not Shout Glory :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Slavery exists today and is more prevalent than at any other time in history. The world would be a better place if everyone took upon themselves to learn the Scriptures on fair slave handling. The slavery of America is nothing like Biblical slavery.

The slavery in the Bible, that is, despite what is made by "assuming" or "seemingly" or "apparently" existent - isn't made on the basis of race or sex.

You're a slave to country, a slave to the flesh or a slave to Christ. Which is it? Who have you sold yourself out to? You say you're a Christian and I "assume" too as much as you do, that when you call Jesus Lord you do despite what your own will wants. Why is it that it just so appears that in every turn of the way, despite saying Lord, you're here arguing that you're capable of knowing better than Him?

Jesus already paid the price for the great "whosoever" believieth. They don't need another savior, your ways and thinking show the surface of your knowledge. Your posts are a prime example of why Secular Humanism has a field day with a lot of Christians... lack of discipleship. You are demonstrating an inability to distinguish between judgment and cruelty. For many that have such a mentality they could read scripture 1000 times and still never see the goodness of God.

God is holy. Man can barely understand the implications of holiness, so how can we understand God sufficiently to judge Him as good or evil? The curses, etc. are a result of evil men's works, not because God merely feels like delving out punishment. Shall the clay say to the potter, "Why have you made me thus? And some vessels for honor while others for dishonor?" "Woe unto he that striveth with his Maker."

Now, Mr. why not Shout Glory :clap:

Great way to dodge the question and issues at hand with religious piety.

But we're discussing REAL LIFE ownership of human beings as chattel - something you endorse.

Upvote 0

Cush

Orthodox Presbyterian
Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Great way to dodge the question and issues at hand with religious piety.

But we're discussing REAL LIFE ownership of human beings as chattel - something you endorse.

Pearls before Pigs.

Shout Glory :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Don't we really do all of these horrible things to ourselves? The Old Testament gives account after account of the fall from grace of the Israelites due to their refusal to follow the Law and love others as themselves. If we defy God, punishment awaits us, but it doesn't come from God, it comes as a result of the sowing we have done AND we lose the protection of the Armor of God. Think of ourselves as a conduit for God and His love. If we resist God we will not receive the full measure of this love and protection.

Reactions: Cush
Upvote 0

Cush

Orthodox Presbyterian
Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since you seem to love contradictions, what part of owning human beings is in any way "loving?"

Why don't you begin by reading Paul's letters. Ya know who that is right - a slave of Jesus Christ. And while at it reflect back throughout the OT, and ask why were all the greats considered slaves to God?

If you hate slave owning you'd hate my concubines. Matter of fact just a few moments ago I asked my wife if she wanted it, and she said yes. So beat her, then went to my concubine and she said yes. So I beat her too.

In all seriousness, our discussion is finished.

But before I do,

Will you Shout Glory :clap:

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Don't we really do all of these horrible things to ourselves? The Old Testament gives account after account of the fall from grace of the Israelites due to their refusal to follow the Law and love others as themselves. If we defy God, punishment awaits us, but it doesn't come from God, it comes as a result of the sowing we have done AND we lose the protection of the Armor of God. Think of ourselves as a conduit for God and His love. If we resist God we will not receive the full measure of this love and protection.

The old testament says GOD does these things to us. I can agree that humans do stupid things to each other, but the bible squarely says that God is the author of calamity, suffering and misery. In Deuteronomy, GOD says "I" will bring all these upon you, not "you will bring them upon yourselves". God says HE does it.

He's God and we're just flies he is swatting.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Why don't you begin by reading Paul's letters. Ya know who that is right - a slave of Jesus Christ. And while at it reflect back throughout the OT, and ask why were all the greats considered slaves to God?

If you hate slave owning you'd hate my concubines. Matter of fact just a few moments ago I asked my wife if she wanted it, and she said yes. So beat her, then went to my concubine and she said yes. So I beat her too.

In all seriousness, our discussion is finished.

But before I do,

Will you Shout Glory :clap:

Thank God.

Stupid trolls annoy me.

Go write an essay on the virtues of Christian slavery.

Upvote 0

Cush

Orthodox Presbyterian
Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank God.

Stupid trolls annoy me.

Go write an essay on the virtues of Christian slavery.

Actually, it was due to Christianity that the World began rethinking its position on slavery. If all men are equal in the eyes of God, and we are to bring about the kingdom of heaven upon the earth as it is heaven....

But you're right. I could write about this, so maybe I will, or at least add it to the list of things to do. But really, troll?

You hurt me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 4, 2013
✟325.00
Faith
Christian
Actually, it was due to Christianity that the World began rethinking its position on slavery. If all men are equal in the eyes of God, and we are to bring about the kingdom of heaven upon the earth as it is heaven....

But you're right. I could write about this, so maybe I will, or at least add it to the list of things to do. But really, troll?

You hurt me.

That is entirely debatable, seeing as

1) Nowhere in the bible does God, Jesus or his apostles ever condemn the practice of slavery

2) The church practiced slavery for hundreds of years and many ministers of the gospel promoted it, even in New World Slavery

3) The bible actually has regulations and admonitions which promote slavery (and many Christians, such as yourself, seem to enjoy the practice of human trafficking/slavery).

If stating facts makes one a "troll" then so be it. Ad hominems are what losers always resort to. I never once used personal attacks, unlike you. I am above that.

Upvote 0

Cush

Orthodox Presbyterian
Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
✟19,019.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is entirely debatable, seeing as

1) Nowhere in the bible does God, Jesus or his apostles ever condemn the practice of slavery

2) The church practiced slavery for hundreds of years and many ministers of the gospel promoted it, even in New World Slavery

3) The bible actually has regulations and admonitions which promote slavery (and many Christians, such as yourself, seem to enjoy the practice of human trafficking/slavery).

If stating facts makes one a "troll" then so be it. Ad hominems are what losers always resort to. I never once used personal attacks, unlike you. I am above that.

Read the shortest book in the Bible.

Upvote 0