✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi gang,

Anyone should feel free to post here if you run across this thread. I just please ask that there isn't a lot of debating back and forth and I will delete any flaming or argumentative posts. Or ask they be deleted.

So....

Basically I would like to hear people's opinion on the announcement and what you think needs to happen in order to make it work. Other suggestions or things you would not like to see happen are welcome, too. I will collect info and then send it on to constance.

I put this here since we're kind of the in-betweens and get a fairly good sampling even from other denoms and groups.

So...let me hear it! ;)

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,789,056.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't think it is going to be as big of a deal as some people seem to be worried about. The last two major changes weren't as bad as thought of. I say hold tight and see what happens.
I agree. I don't want to muddy the process by chiming in all the time. I have a wait & see attitude. I've seen too many cooks in the kitchen for too long. Turned into a big mess.

I just want things simple & civil.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Basically I would like to hear people's opinion on the announcement and what you think needs to happen in order to make it work.

So...let me hear it! ;)

Clearly, it is the End of Civilisation as we Know It.

Again. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Lee seems very sound to me, and i like most of what he said.
the only potential issues I see are:
1. Would non Christian/ non Nicene staff retain their positions? Because there are a lot who are doing a great job, and it would be very sad if they were to be pushed out...
2. Don't like the idea of closed reports....I think that at least the reporter and the reportee(is that a word?) should be able to be involved, even if they are not open to everyone. Course, being completely technically illiterate, i don't know whether that would even be possible!

But on the whole, I think Lee's ideas are reasonable, and am praying that they will be introduced smoothly and without hurting anyone, or causing strife.
:)

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
meh, thank you for asking.

My only concern is the language about 'turning inward'.

If that's about dropping the seeker's approach, then that's ok. I've never been a fan of Hybel-esque approaches to the Gospel.

But if it's about sticking our heads in our theological asses and declaring the sanctity of the sweet, sweet smell, then count me out.

Upvote 0

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
meh, thank you for asking.

My only concern is the language about 'turning inward'.

If that's about dropping the seeker's approach, then that's ok. I've never been a fan of Hybel-esque approaches to the Gospel.

But if it's about sticking our heads in our theological asses and declaring the sanctity of the sweet, sweet smell, then count me out.
Would you mind terribly if I phrased that last bit a little differently in my Official PM Round-Up of Input? :p

(which I won't, btw:D )

Thank you all for your thoughts and input. I will make sure it gets passed upwards and onwards :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he Gospel.

12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am hoping the infraction system wont be as heavy handed..and more accountability for mods who arent doing their job correctly or have vendettas against certain people..in other words i hope nobody gets too much power..i like the idea of the reconcilliation team and hope they will be a great ..fair..unbiased group that will help with mod problems. Thanks for asking us meh!! Congrats on your Reconcillator position!

Upvote 0

meh

Legend
Feb 22, 2006
✟52,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for all your comments!

I'm going to be closing this here before too long before I go to bed so tomorrow morning I can start getting comments sorted and send on the info.

Feel free to chime in until then or PM me if you have any other concerns you'd like brought up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aquamarine81

Veteran
May 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC metro area
Visit site
✟18,145.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm just taking a "wait and see" attitude right now.
I hope the non-Christians and unorthodox Christians won't be taken off staff. If they are, that may be what causes me to leave the site for good.
I think a reconcilation team is a good idea. I think it will work out well.
I don't like the idea of reports being private. The reportee needs to be given a chance to defend himself/herself.
I think getting rid of the wikis is a good idea -- it was all so confusing anyway.
I'm a little concerned about how moderators will be chosen now. Will it be the same way before 777? Not sure I'd be to comfortable with that.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Reactions: meh
Upvote 0