Dec 8, 2007
✟841,026.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I was intregued when I read the history of the 9.3 x 62, developed as an affordable and effective arm for German colonists in Africa, and to this day is the minimal cartridge allowable for dangerous game in most African countries. Due to the price of Ammo being up to $120.00 for a box of twenty, so I ordered brass, bullets and dies and loaded 285 gr PPU round nose soft points in front 54 grs of Dominion (similar to) IMR4895.
Mine is an older Husqvarna that utilizes an FN 98 Mauser action (late 50s -early 60s it is in amazing shape that just needed a bit of a clean up; I still need to buff up the bright finish bolt.
It has a very nice beech stock with no cracks, only a few small dents. Side mount quick detach scope mount was included as well, and I had an old Tasco about the same era I put on it. The mount allows use of the iron sights with it mounted.
I have loaded up some test ammo and took it too the range this past weekend. I put two round through it which were 1" apart at 100 yards, but about 10" high. That was enough, I went home and ordered a recoil pad. I love the rifle!! Here are some pictures; please note that the 9.3 round is beside a 6.5 x 55 for scale.

Closed Receiver.jpg
Rifle.jpg
9.3 vs 6.5.jpg
Rear sight.jpg
Front sight.jpg

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kicks as much as a 30-06 I’ll bet. Nice rifle. Glad someone is still got Money for new toys. How nice my 30-30 is shooting. New mold, new lube. Rather than buy guns I’m casting for the future. About to shoot my stored ammunition at my restored club membership. Sure glad you posted, I want to keep it going, but where is everybody? When the clouds lift and it warms over 60, I’m gone.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟841,026.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Kicks as much as a 30-06 I’ll bet. Nice rifle. Glad someone is still got Money for new toys. How nice my 30-30 is shooting. New mold, new lube. Rather than buy guns I’m casting for the future. About to shoot my stored ammunition at my restored club membership. Sure glad you posted, I want to keep it going, but where is everybody? When the clouds lift and it warms over 60, I’m gone.
According to the numbers, about 50% more. LOL.

With the pending laws that were on the table a few months back, I too the opertunity to sell my SKS and a couple tuna cans of ammo at auction. (I'm getting older and am not in the mood for more stress; rather hoping to enjoy my sport until I can physically no longer enjoy it. With the proceeds of the sale, I was able to take that money, buy that rifle, the dies, the brass and the bullets, and break about even.

I believe that some rules in European Countries limit the number of firearms you can own; as such if you buy a new one, you likely have to trade in your old one. Importers in Canada, and I think some in the USA bought this stuff up cheap, and sold it cheap. All in with new dies, 50 bullets and 50 new brass; $775.00 Canadian. including shipping. (about $570.00 USD). I have discovered that I can make brass for .30-06 brass, just neck up and fireform.

Anyway, for a few rounds a year fired, and a rifle that will hold, and likely increase in valure for very little out of pocket, it is still cheap fun.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I’ve been that route. Buying and selling- I got some guns that way. Those are some decent prices, that you can get in Canada- our neighbor. Too much recoil for me though. 8mm Mauser is as big as I go except in bp, then I like big bores. But would probably load down a rather large bore C&R.

Upvote 0