the holy land of Israel
✟23,582.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have been feeling for a while now that God wants my DH and I to trust him with the # of kids he desires for us to have. Since I got pregnant almost 4 years ago with DD we were in pretty bad situations, although I had a hard pregnancy but no pregnancy complications and a very healthy and happy little girl we were so scared and wanted to keep her as an only child that I got the IUD.

Now we are looking to remove the IUD and just leave our fertility up to God. We are both pretty nervous about this since I had such bad M/S with my last pregnancy but I really want to trust in God no matter what happens.

DH is pretty much on board with me asked if we could use the NFP so we don't get pregnant on my fertile days and I said sure, but then I read that being Quiverfull is leaving it all up to God and not about avoiding, even with a natural barrier. Am I right?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟972,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are correct, :thumbsup: but there are some other considerations. QF doesn't call for you to strive after pregnancy, either, just to yield your sex life to God in the spirit of Rom. 6:13 & 12:1. If you (two) are too tired from time to time, don't worry about it. But when you do get together, just be together (and don't worry about it). Enjoy all of the aspects about being together. Conception is just an (awesome) byproduct, when it happens.

Two other considerations:
Hygienically, it is better to avoid sex during your period.

Some couples do believe they are supposed to actively pursue pregnancy, in accordance with God's call on their lives. If you feel you have this kind of call, that is okay, but the rest of us take a more relaxed approach (as I stated above).

Upvote 0