Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(There is nothing unChristian about owning firearms,)
I grew up shooting got my first rifle at 8 my first handgun at 15 and enjoyed shooting I was more a target shooter than hunter.
But I thought I'd put this here.
Matthew chapter 26 verse 52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
2 Corinthians chapter 10 verse 4
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
Ecclesiastes chapter 9 verse 18
Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.

I also realize we owe July 4th to people who owned firearms.

I'm not trying to argue, I just noticed this reading.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟1,003,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have one hand gun I have owned since I was 18. That was the year that Elvis and I were stationed in Germany at the same time. I have another I have owned since George H.W. Bush was president. I have others I have purchased within the past several years. The remarkable thing about those guns they have never jumped up and killed anyone or participated in any kind of criminal activity. There must be something wrong with them.

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟75,532.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we don't teach the youth, they will learn from the devil's minions.
Locally we teach rifle and pistol, Hunter's Safety, and we know when a boy wants something his ears open up and he pays attention, that is when we put in the life lessons and their responsibilities to themselves, God, family and onward.

Upvote 0

Benam

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2017
BC
✟688,035.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I own a dozen or so assorted rifles and handguns. Not a single one of them is intended for use against another human being. They are for target shooting and/or hunting.

People who are against guns because they could be used as weapons might as well include bows/crossbows, baseball bats, chef's knives, and all manner of sticks and stones.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(There is nothing unChristian about owning firearms,)
I grew up shooting got my first rifle at 8 my first handgun at 15 and enjoyed shooting I was more a target shooter than hunter.
But I thought I'd put this here.
Matthew chapter 26 verse 52
“Put your sword back in its place,” Jesus said to him, “for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.
2 Corinthians chapter 10 verse 4
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.
Ecclesiastes chapter 9 verse 18
Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good.

I also realize we owe July 4th to people who owned firearms.

I'm not trying to argue, I just noticed this reading.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.” The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.” “That’s enough!” he replied.
Luke 22:36‭-‬38 NIV

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
they have never jumped up and killed anyone
I'm not saying people shouldn't own firearms, I don't, I like primitive firearms, and would like to hunt squirrels with a 1851 colt but feel it would be a waste of my time, deer herds double every 3 to 4 years if their not hunted, we need people to own guns especially after Jan.6th.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I own a dozen or so assorted rifles and handguns. Not a single one of them is intended for use against another human being. They are for target shooting and/or hunting.

People who are against guns because they could be used as weapons might as well include bows/crossbows, baseball bats, chef's knives, and all manner of sticks and stones.
Your right I'm the pot calling the kettle black, I know martial arts, I no longer own firearms, but we're all sinners, I'd kill someone if needed, I was just pointing out what the bible said, but I'm just as guilty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟53,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The US has been through this before. Not with firearms, but with Bowie knives. Newspapers carried lurid accounts of duels and knife fights, and legislatures enacted laws against the weapons. But there are sharp instruments other than Bowie knives and sometimes these were used in dark deeds.

In my teens, when we went to fix fences, we carried firearms for protection from bears and coyotes. Never had to use them for protection, but both were around, and some neighbors had a close call with a bear.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟330,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Same thing people have guns for.

That is actually the case. The swords were for self defense. At Luke 22:35 Jesus reminds them that he sent them out without anything at first, but only to Israel, see Matt 10:5-6. At Luke 22:36 he tells them to take with them supplies and swords. The meaning is that he would be sending them farther away, outside of Israel so they needed to take with them what they needed. Jesus was an Essene. Flavius Josephus wrote about the Essenes:

For which reason they carry nothing at all with them when they travel into remote parts, though still they take their weapons with them, for fear of thieves. - Flavius Josephus, The Jewish War

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟53,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 2nd amendment says we should have them to defend against a tyrannical government.

Actually, the 2nd Amendment says:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

We know that the states didn't want a large standing army for fear it would be turned against them, and we know that they wanted to maintain a militia for protection from such, but it went beyond that. Militias were also used for protection of the states from attacks by hostile groups. Militia duty at this time was compulsory, with states drawing up militia districts and rosters and, at least at this time, commissioning officers. Note that later, and maybe even when the states ratified the constitution, some state militias elected their officers. At least through the War of 1812, the US government federalized militia units instead of using the draft, so there was that issue, too.

• Friendly
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟432,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed’.

Have you guys been hearing about a lot of Supreme Court cases where laws in New York and calif. are being struck down. Plus the ATF being stripped of power to regulate receivers. Ammo bans and and AR bans are unconstitutional.

There is a lawyer talking….. like it’s a sure thing though maybe only being just introduced. A neat way to spend some time. Hopeful to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟53,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed’.

Have you guys been hearing about a lot of Supreme Court cases where laws in New York and calif. are being struck down. Plus the ATF being stripped of power to regulate receivers. Ammo bans and and AR bans are unconstitutional.

There is a lawyer talking….. like it’s a sure thing though maybe only being just introduced. A neat way to spend some time. Hopeful to me.

These might be two different things. In the NY and CA cases, it's a 2nd Amendment issue. But in the BAFT case, it may be the issue of a Federal agency in essence creating laws through regulation. The latter isn't restricted to the BATF, and has been going on for decades. Politicians tend to like it because it keeps them from having to make decisions that may not be popular with their constituents.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟432,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh! It also said Texas was walking all over the atf. This lawyer maybe into half truths and playing on our sympathies. But there is an element of truth to it, because I think all the above maybe contested in the new conservative Supreme Court where we seem to have a majority.

yah those politicians are coming at us from both directions. Any hope for 2nd amendment rights in the new election @Tuur . New majorities or anything in congress?

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟53,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh! It also said Texas was walking all over the atf. This lawyer maybe into half truths and playing on our sympathies. But there is an element of truth to it, because I think all the above maybe contested in the new conservative Supreme Court where we seem to have a majority.

yah those politicians are coming at us from both directions. Any hope for 2nd amendment rights in the new election @Tuur . New majorities or anything in congress?
I'm not an optimist, so I'm not one to ask for something like this. Have reflected the last few days that the US doesn't seem to be found in end-time prophesies.

Upvote 0