"I have to constantly work towards my salvation"

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never said Hebrews was not addressing born again believers. I plainly stated Hebrews never states these born again believers can become un-born again because of any disobedience they do.

Repentance is not a condition God requires a person must do to receive His free gift of Eternal Life, only belief in Jesus. So repentance has nothing to do with receiving eternal life.
While a person cannot be unborn, they can die. A dead son does partake in family meals, picnics, and or family reunions. So there is no relationship with a dead son. The dead son is in the grave. They are gone.

“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). So we cannot go off our feelings or thoughts we want to be true. The Bible stands true regardless of our personal preferences.

The Parable of the Prodigal Son in Luke 15:11-32 proves that a saved believer can die spiritually, and then come back to God again to the saving of their soul. For when the prodigal son came back home and sought forgiveness with his father over squandering his inheritance on prostitutes, his father said that his son was “dead” and he is “alive AGAIN.” The father said this two times in the parable (Luke 15:24, and Luke 15:32). Seeing the prodigal son did not die physically, this means that the son died spiritually and he became alive again spiritually on the account of his actions. The father said he was lost and now he is found. Generally when we speak of the lost, we are talking about the unsaved. James 5:19-20 also teaches this same truth, as well.

There are many warnings to believers about how they will be cast out if they justify sin in this life. The Son of Man (JESUS) will send forth His angels and they will gather out of HIS KINGDOM all things which offend (i.e. anything that makes another to stumble into sin like false beliefs held by men), and whoever will do iniquity and they will be cast them into the furnace of fire (i.e. the Lake of Fire) (See: Matthew 13:41-42). We again see something similar happen in Matthew 7:23. Jesus tells certain believers who did wonderful works in His name to depart from Him because they also worked iniquity. Iniquity is sin. In Matthew 7:26-27, Jesus says that everyone who does not do what He says, they are like a fool who built His house upon the sand, and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house. This parable came right off of Matthew 7:23 about those believers who justified sin and were told to depart from Him by the Lord Himself. Acts of the Apostles 3:23 says that if every soul who does not hear that prophet (JESUS) they will be destroyed.

Jude mentions how there are those who are twice dead, plucked up by the roots. Meaning, they were dead spiritually before they came to Christ, and they died spiritually a second time when they later came to justify the idea that they can sin and still be saved. They started off good, but they were plucked up by the roots and later become unsaved.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-
What this priest (in the video) does not understand about Matthew 25, where he references the sheep and goats, Jesus states He was hungry, thirsty. a stranger, naked, sick, in prison.

Is, this is about looking after and helping believing Jews who will be persecuted during the tribulation and not helping poor people in general.
No. In Luke 10:25-28, Jesus agrees with the lawyer that to love God and to love your neighbor is to inherit eternal life. One’s neighbor is defined as helping the poor beat up guy on the side of the road (i.e., the poor). Paul even teaches that we are to love our neighbor in Romans 13:9. Paul says, “If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing,…” (1 Timothy 6:3-4). How would a person in the early church know about the words of Jesus Christ in order to agree with them? It would be by reading the gospels. In other words, your secret hidden narrative on Matthew 25 is just that. An added narrative that has no support in Scripture. Matthew 25 is for all believers.

Matthew 22 in the Parable of the Wedding Banquet, we learn that Gentile believers who did not have on a wedding garment were told to depart from Him and be cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. The wedding garment is the righteousness of the saints (Revelation 19:8). 1 John 3:7 says he that does righteousness is righteous. It’s the same concept of what happened in Matthew 13:41-42. The Son of Man (JESUS) will send forth His angels and they will gather out of His Kingdom all who do iniquity (sin) and they will be cast into the furnace of fire (i.e., the Lake of Fire). Meaning, believers who are unfruitful and or who justify sin are going to be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No. In Luke 10:25-28, Jesus agrees with the lawyer that to love God and to love your neighbor is to inherit eternal life. One’s neighbor is defined as helping the poor beat up guy on the side of the road (i.e., the poor). Paul even teaches that we are to love our neighbor in Romans 13:9. Paul says, “If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing,…” (1 Timothy 6:3-4). How would a person in the early church know about the words of Jesus Christ in order to agree with them? It would be by reading the gospels. In other words, your secret hidden narrative on Matthew 25 is just that. An added narrative that has no support in Scripture. Matthew 25 is for all believers.

Matthew 22 in the Parable of the Wedding Banquet, we learn that Gentile believers who did not have on a wedding garment were told to depart from Him and be cast into outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. The wedding garment is the righteousness of the saints (Revelation 19:8). 1 John 3:7 says he that does righteousness is righteous. It’s the same concept of what happened in Matthew 13:41-42. The Son of Man (JESUS) will send forth His angels and they will gather out of His Kingdom all who do iniquity (sin) and they will be cast into the furnace of fire (i.e., the Lake of Fire). Meaning, believers who are unfruitful and or who justify sin are going to be cast into the Lake of Fire.
-
I have had thread debates with you in the past, so i do not repeat past debates have a good life.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
-
I have had thread debates with you in the past, so i do not repeat past debates have a good life.
Be not deceived. The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
One of the serpent’s first lies is to get Eve to think she could break God’s command and not die.
This same lie of the serpent (the devil) is being pushed today in Christianity.
How on Earth can you not see the truth of the Bible on this matter is beyond me.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟623,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be not deceived. The unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
One of the serpent’s first lies is to get Eve to think she could break God’s command and not die.
This same lie of the serpent (the devil) is being pushed today in Christianity.
How on Earth can you not see the truth of the Bible on this matter is beyond me.
You're doing a good job of supporting the Eastern Orthodox/Catholic view of salvation.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're doing a good job of supporting the Eastern Orthodox/Catholic view of salvation.
The Trinity doctrine is found in the Bible and is 100% true. However, I have seen articles and videos that say that the Trinity is a Catholic doctrine and thus that is why it is false. So guilt by association is not always true. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut.

Also, most Catholics/Orthodox do not believe in two aspects of salvation as I do, which is the biblical position to have.

See my biblical explanation on the two aspects of salvation in this CF thread here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also………. before typing it is best to like maybe say to yourself, “Hey, maybe I should check those references in Scripture he is talking about.” “Maybe I am wrong and there is truth to what he says by the Bible.”

I say this because I have done this before myself when others who were my strong opponents challenged me on a verse or truth in the Bible. In other words, I like to many times check the references in Scripture and even read a little of the chapter in context.

Meaning, read Genesis 3. It is clear that the serpent desired Eve to break God’s command and make her believe she would not die if she broke it. Have you never wondered that this is the same exact lie pushed by most of Christianity today? Should that not disturb you or ring some kind of alarms inside of you?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billy Evmur

Brother
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2018
London
Visit site
✟86,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure that it's redefind though considering that view of salvation existed 1500 years before the view you're expressing.
Not quite 1500 years, for the first 100 years the church believed the apostles ... then they turned to the likes of Ignatius, the founder of the episcopal system which became Catholic. In fact he first called the church Catholic.

Upvote 0