I Don't Know Why I'm in this Relationship..

MangoLime17

Nov 7, 2016
Florida
✟7,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm 17 years old and I've been this one guy for a year and a half. We have a great connection and we're really close. We're both Christians and are waiting until marriage.. But I don't want to get married anytime soon. And I don't know if I want to be with him, I feel like I can't escape. I've already broken up with him multiple times for different issues in the past, and in those moments where I'm away from him I feel great and so much closer to God. But he then always convinces me and says he just wants to talk, and it ends up us getting back together. Then whenever we fight, he'll say if I don't want to be with him I just shouldn't be with him. But I feel like if I do break up with him he just won't accept it and keep pressuring me or show up at my house (like he's done once before).. I always have these things in the back of my head, it's like I can't live in peace until I get this resolved. I literally cannot focus on anything. My homework, if I read something I won't fully comprehend it because it's like I have a mind block because of the thoughts just bombarding my brain literally 24/7. But I feel like I'll spare so many problems if I just stay with him and just cope with the thoughts in my head that are telling me otherwise. I don't want to get married until I'm fully developed in my relationship with the Lord and more mature, and I feel like these are vital moments in my life where I should be doing just that but I am too confused and lost because of the situation I'm in.

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are very young. You have all the rights of the world to doubt. Honestly, if your boyfriend is pressuring you and does not accept your doubts, then it is unhealthy. You are free to choose your own life, and if you need time or space, then take time and space. He won't be the only one, and if he is not the right one, then it would be perhaps better to move on. You have all the time to think about marriage, you are only 17! You can "escape", even if I would rather say "move on". You only need to be certain of yourself and to trust yourself. Especially if it is bothering you for your studies. To me it would be better to commit yourself to your studies now. Trust the future! You are only at the dawn of your life. Don't bother you with such questions, and follow what your conscience tells you.
Good luck and welcome on the forum :)

Reactions: Lilyj
Upvote 0

Lilyj

Dec 26, 2018
West Virginia
✟7,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
You are very young. You have all the rights of the world to doubt. Honestly, if your boyfriend is pressuring you and does not accept your doubts, then it is unhealthy. You are free to choose your own life, and if you need time or space, then take time and space. He won't be the only one, and if he is not the right one, then it would be perhaps better to move on. You have all the time to think about marriage, you are only 17! You can "escape", even if I would rather say "move on". You only need to be certain of yourself and to trust yourself. Especially if it is bothering you for your studies. To me it would be better to commit yourself to your studies now. Trust the future! You are only at the dawn of your life. Don't bother you with such questions, and follow what your conscience tells you.
Good luck and welcome on the forum :)

This person is exactly right. You need to leave this relationship because the guy you're dating is immature and this sounds like a unhealthy relationship. (and that's just a fact of life, we are all gonna find bad people, or just lost people, even in Christian communities.)

Upvote 0