Not Saying
✟20,412.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've heard YouTubers like Finalcall07, Robert Lyte, Warningthepeople, etc., that say we have to be sinless to enter Heaven.

But the thing is, what exactly is sin? Is there a list? How do we know if we're sinless or not?

I believe in Jesus strongly. He's shown me the way multiple times, even when I was an atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, etc. I always felt him pulling at my heartstrings.

But I don't know if this is enough. How do I have assurance that I'm saved?

And how do I avoid Hell? I'm terrified of the thought of me or other people going to Hell for all of eternity.

Thanks,

boxman144

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All you have to do, no matter what other believers say, is put your faith in The Lord Jesus. The moment you accept Jesus as your Lord in life you are saved. Please understand that faith is an active force within us. Faith in God's love - Jesus Christ - brings us hope for better. Faith is a gift of God to all who ask.

Please don't waste your time trying to be sinless. As long as you carry flesh you will have to fight sin. Rather learn to love God above all and your neighbour as yourself, and you will learn to leave wilful sin behind without any sweat.

Loving God is what has us leaving sin behind not claiming you overcame a set of rules and laws and therefore Jesus accepts you, such is never true but brings pride and condemnation.

So place your trust in Jesus and keep cultivating more trust as your read the Word and so let Jesus teach you what He is all about. To become an open honestly loving person, that is what salvation is all about. God is love, sin kills love, so learn to love actively and sin will die automatically and God's truth will set you free from despair or fear of hell. please let Jesus' blood cover you ALL the time! Baptism signifies that.

1 John 1:8-10
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's Good
The Lord loves truthfully Wise and Good.
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
In His love everything is good proper and kind.
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - 'Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
loving good life with all God's own to be.'

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

Please hand your Bad Life over to Jesus
Humbly ask for His Good Life back in return
and go love God, self and neighbour with Joy.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Qwertyui0p

Dec 20, 2019
New South Wales
✟41,304.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've heard YouTubers like Finalcall07, Robert Lyte, Warningthepeople, etc., that say we have to be sinless to enter Heaven.

But the thing is, what exactly is sin? Is there a list? How do we know if we're sinless or not?

I believe in Jesus strongly. He's shown me the way multiple times, even when I was an atheist, Buddhist, agnostic, etc. I always felt him pulling at my heartstrings.

And how do I avoid Hell? I'm terrified of the thought of me or other people going to Hell for all of eternity.

Thanks,

boxman144
Some really good bad news - Adam4d.com

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do I get onto the Narrow Gate?
boxman144
There is only one way. The gate is the cross. You come with your sins to Jesus crucified, He takes them, buries them and raises you to sit in the heavenlies. Read Romans chapters 1 thru 3.
I always like to say 'the Way is as narrow as the cross is wide'. For a person to come another way besides Christ and Him crucified will come to ruin on the Day of Judgment.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟967,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

How do I have assurance that I'm saved?

See the link, Know God

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks,
boxman144
Hi, boxman144.
It is written..."All unrighteousness is sin:..." (1 John 5:17)
That's the simplest of answers.
Love God above all else, and love your neighbor as you love yourself and you can remain sinless till your last day.
Peter was once asked "What shall we do?
Peter answered..."Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 2:38)
Turn from all sin, permanently: wash away your past sins with the blood of Christ: do this and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
You end up as an ex-sinner, cleansed of all past sin, and as the "temple" of the Holy Ghost.
God won't leave you alone in your journey.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How do I get onto the Narrow Gate?

JESUS IS THE NARROW GATE!

Mat. 7:14
Because strait is the gate,
and narrow is the way,
which leadeth unto life,
and few there be that find it.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way,
the truth,
and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father,
but by me.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.

John 6:37
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

What they are saying is absolutely true.

Rev. 21:9,10
9) And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.
10) And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

Rev. 21:27
And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth,
neither whatsoever worketh abomination,
or maketh a lie:
but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

This is what God has said Sin is!........No list.

1 Jn. 3:4
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law:
for sin is the transgression of the law.

It is a fact you WERE Sinful before your Salvation in Christ.
But now you have been set free from sin.

It is vital for all Believers to comprehend, Jesus came for and Destroyed Sin in OUR FLESH!

Rom 8:2,3
2) For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3) For what the law could not do,
in that it was weak through the flesh,
God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,
condemned sin in the flesh:

It's all here for you to understand.

Rom 6:1-14
1) What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2) God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7) For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8) Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
9) Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Eph. 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Rom 6:15-23
15) What then?
shall we sin,
because we are not under the law,
but under grace?

God forbid.
16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17) But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18) Being then made free from sin,
ye became the servants of righteousness.

19) I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20) For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21) What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22) But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23) For the wages of sin is death;
but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We can run from God like Jonah but once God decides to Draw you to Himself you will come to Jesus, because it is the Will of God that you do.

John 6:44
No man can come to me,
except the Father which hath sent me draw him:
and I will raise him up at the last day.

Because, God has promised.

John 3:16-18
16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.

17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.
18) He that believeth on him is not condemned:
but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If you are a Born Again Believer in Jesus Christ , you have this assurance living inside of you.......The Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Jesus said.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born again,
he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh;
and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee,
Ye must be born again.

1 Pet. 1:23
Being born again,
not of corruptible seed, - - - - (The Flesh)
but of incorruptible, - - - - (The Holy Spirit)
by the word of God, - - - - (Jesus Christ)
which liveth and abideth for ever.

1 Jn. 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;
for his seed remaineth in him:
- - - - (The Holy Spirit)
and he cannot sin,
because he is born of God.

From what you have said, you are a Believer in Christ for your Salvation.
But, you never mentioned if you were ever Baptized, (Born Again) (Regenerated by the Power of the Holy Spirit living inside of you).

If you have not been Baptized at this point then do so as soon as you are Physically able.

Find a Church and tell them your situation, ask them if you can get Baptized by them.........I know COVID-19.

Be Blessed

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks,

boxman144
If you are going to watch something watch AndrewFarley.org. He teaches the finished work of the cross.....all our sins are forgiven past, present and future through faith in Christ....not faith in ourselves to walk perfectly. Righteousness is a gift from God, and we are as right/righteous as Christ, because we have been placed in Him.

• Winner
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are going to watch something watch AndrewFarley.org. He teaches the finished work of the cross.....all our sins are forgiven past, present and future through faith in Christ....not faith in ourselves to walk perfectly. Righteousness is a gift from God, and we are as right/righteous as Christ, because we have been placed in Him.
Doesn't being as "righteous as Christ" equate to walking perfectly?
It does to me., and thanks be to God for the ability in Christ to do so.

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Doesn't being as "righteous as Christ" equate to walking perfectly?
It does to me., and thanks be to God for the ability in Christ to do so.
We are perfect in our identity and union with Christ. The new man, new creation is holy, righteous, seated in the heavenlies with Christ, while we are still physically living in these mortal bodies. We grow in our walk. We start out as babes in Christ. We fall, get back up, fall again, but grow into maturity. I do not believe our identity is saved sinners. We are now saints. We are dead to sin, but at times we can be deceived by it. That doesn’t change our righteousness though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟253,667.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor

Thanks,

boxman144
Receive and produce the fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22. Be patient with people and choose spiritual friends.

Upvote 0

germo155

Mar 22, 2024
Tampere
✟11,746.00
Country
Estonia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If our sins past future and present are forgiven?? Do you follow Jesus Christ? Read Gospels of Jesus Christ and see that that what Jesus has said.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟253,667.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If our sins past future and present are forgiven?? Do you follow Jesus Christ? Read Gospels of Jesus Christ and see that that what Jesus has said.
It is a good idea to repent and receive your forgiveness, and stand up with a conscience made new like an infant.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟740,257.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks,

boxman144
The Bible does not teach that we have to be sinless to enter heaven. The Bible says:

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Every person has some area that they are likely to fall in, be it anger, or some other sin.

The cross was given so that we don't need to fear our failings. The cross covers all of our sin. The Christian is covered by the work of Jesus on the cross. It pardons us for our failures.

That said we should, and need to strive to live without sin. We are not to make excuses for our sins.

Gal 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Rom 6:1-2 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not!

Upvote 0