Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
so if creation occurred you think it's a a contridiction that evolution of species can also occur?
Even if Creationism is true, species would still evolve: populations of organisms would still experience a change in the frequency of inheritable traits over time, no matter when or how those species came into being. In that sense, evolution and creationism are compatible.

However, the theory of common descent states that all life is descended from a single common ancestor that lived billions of years ago. Creationism (of the 'God poofed everything into being a few thousand years ago' variety) is incompatible with that theory. Unfortunately, that theory underpins all of modern biology.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
right, but that's a theory as well.
and like I said, not all Christians are from the "poof it happened a few thousand years ago" camp.
Indeed. So it depends on what you mean by 'Creation'. Nonetheless, the theory of common descent, as it stands today, is by far the most probably explanation because of the mountain of evidence supporting it.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Right. lol. Like it matters where you are when I say "what color is the sky". (ignoring the technical answer of course and leaning on the subjective responses : blue, white, gray, black)

but you have eliminated people's personal experiences with their "deity" whether it be God, or YHVH, or Buddah, or whoever. For some people, the evidence of their reality is proved by their feelings, etc. making the theories for some type of creation more plausible to them, whether it be "poof couple thousand years" or "poof the life that was at the beginning in evolution was made by god"

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Right. lol. Like it matters where you are when I say "what color is the sky". (ignoring the technical answer of course and leaning on the subjective responses : blue, white, gray, black)

but you have eliminated people's personal experiences with their "deity" whether it be God, or YHVH, or Buddah, or whoever. For some people, the evidence of their reality is proved by their feelings, etc. making the theories for some type of creation more plausible to them, whether it be "poof couple thousand years" or "poof the life that was at the beginning in evolution was made by god"
People are entitled to believe whatever they like for whatever reason they like. They are free to believe or disbelieve the theories based soley on empirical evidence, if they so wish.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't necessarily believe the evolutional theory has been proven over and over. Evolution is clearly evident just in human morphology and DNA, but that doesn't preclude that life was created vs. poofed into existance in the right environmental circumstances.

And belief, and disbelief, are based on feelings. Everything we do is based on feelings, even logical thought. What drives people to seek logic? (desire)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IreneAdler

Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am talking about principle. ALL motivtion/decision is based on emotion/or the attempted denial of emotion at some point, so there is no way to have processes without both. And frankly I'd rather be led by feelings. They are more genuine IMO than logic is (on an individual basis)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.