amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Lucypevensie..you are the best! thanks :)

smilin...please come cook for me, I really could use a break...

ok everyone pumpkin bread...yummy!

Ingredients:
4 cups of flour
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ginger (ground dry)
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2 cups of canned pumpkin
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup of skim milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (you can substitute applesauce for oil)

1. Heat over to 350 degrees
2. spray 2 loaf pans w/ cooking spray
3. mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger and allspice in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, eggs, milk, and oil. mix together with wire wisk or spoon.
5. Fold in dry ingredients, put in the 2 pans and cook for 50-60 minutes...
also you have the option of adding pecans to the batter when all mixed, I really dont like pecans so I leave them out...

THIS IS THE BEST PUMPKIN BREAD I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE...

Upvote 0

carmen

Aug 25, 2002
n.z
Visit site
✟1,462.00
Ice Cream Pie

2 cups crushed shredded wheatmeal biscuits
1 and half tablespoons cocoa
quarter teaspoon nutmeg
quarter teaspoon cinnamon
half cup butter, melted or 125g
1 cup chopped walnuts
quarter cup ground almonds
half litre vanilla ice cream
half litre chocolate ice cream.

Mix together the crushed biscuits with the cocoa, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Add the melted butter, walnuts, and almonds. Mix thoroughly.Add more butter if necessary.
Press the crumb mixture on the bottom and sides of a pie dish.
Bake in a 180c or 350f oven for about 15 minutes. Remove and cool.
Soften the ice creams slightly and spoon into the baked pie shell smooth over and freeze.

Pavlova.

4 egg whites Topping
1 cup caster sugar 1 and a quarter cups cream
2 teaspoons cornflour 1 Tablespoon icing sugar
pinch of salt half a teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon vinegar passionfruit or strawberries.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence.

Beat the egg whites until stiff
Add the sugar a little at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix the cornflour and salt in with the last amount of sugar.
Fold in the vinegar and vanilla essence.
Put greased paper on a greased baking tray. Sprinkle the paper with cornflour.
Spread the meringue on the paper and make a depression in the centre.
Bake in a 120c or 250f oven for 45 minutes. Reduce the heat to 100c or 200f and cook for another 45minutes or until the meringue is crisp. Turn off the oven, open the door and allow the meringue to cool in the oven. Peel off the paper.
Whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla essence. Spread on top of the meringue.
Spoon passionfruit pulp or strawberries on top of the cream.

Upvote 0

cynjo59

Oct 8, 2002
Western NY
Visit site
✟7,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Here's an easy Christmas candy recipe which my kids are crazy about. You will need the white chocolate wafers used for candy making, red and green food coloring and those hard candy starlight mints. I use about 2 pounds of the chocolate (big family...) and probably about 30 of the hard candies. Melt the chocolate in the microwave. While it's melting, pound the candies into powder and small chips. Mix this into the melted choc. add either red or green food coloring and pour the whole mix into a shallow baking sheet. Refrigerate for a few minutes and then break into peices. A batch of this also makes a nice Christmas gift.

Here's another super easy candy recipe which also requires choc. wafers- both white & dark for this one. Melt your chocolates seperately. Add about a cup of peanut butter to one of the pounds of melted choc. Pour into shallow baking sheet. Take the other chocolate and drop it by large spoonsful over the mix on the sheet. Using a knife "marble" the two together. Refrigerate and then break into peices.

And finally- my mother in law's turkey stuffing was the best I've ever had- and so easy to make. All she did was shred up regular white bread and add a can of Campbells French Onion soup and a little water. She made enough up to stuff the bird and then while then for the extra batch she used juice from the cooking turkey for the added water.

Oops- can't forget the gravy!! While the turkey was cooking she would take some of the juice every little while, replacing it with more water. When she had enough to make gravy for the crowd she melted about a half stick of butter on the stove in a seperate pan and added the flour to that, enough flour that it was like a stiff paste. She then stirred this into the juice she had collected from the turkey and had perfect, lumpless gravy every time.

Upvote 0

GraftMeIn

The Masters Gardener
May 15, 2002
Visit site
✟6,403.00
Just finished making the dough for these, so I can bake them tomorrow. thought now might be a good time to post the recipe. They are realy good and melt in your mouth :yum:

Melt-Aways

1 Cup Butter or Margarine softened

6 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar Sifted (you'll need more sifted powder sugar after baking)

2 Cups Flour Sifted

1 Cup Finely Chopped Walnuts (blender works great for this)

Cream together Butter and Powdered Sugar, Add Chopped Nuts, Slowly add Flour.

Chill at least 4 hours, or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly roll dough into small balls in the palms of your hands. place on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake untill set (about 14 minutes)

Roll in Powdered Sugar while hot. Be very gentle when rolling or they'll crumble into pieces. Roll once again when cool, and add sprinkles if desired.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Originally posted by Smilin
OTTTAYYYY...yah asked for it!!! :D

Amy, Vow...this one's especially for you:

SMILIN'S HOW TO COOK A POSSUM RECIPE

1. Obtain one possum (freshly shot, live, or roadkill)

2. Burn off all hair with blowtorch

3. Obtain one two by four

4. Place possum on end of two by four...

5. Salt and pepper lightly

6. Build Huge Raging Bondfire...arrr arrr arrr

7. Cook possum on two by four in bonfire for 30 minutes.

8.  Throw away possum

9. Enjoy the two-by-four!

HAPPPY HOLIDAYS LADIES!!!!!

Well, I'm not so sure about your cookin' but I can take your sense of humor any day! ROFL

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
KIFLI

DOUGH 2 cups butter or margarine
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
1 cup sour cream
Walnut Filling (below)
1 egg white, lightly beaten
Confectioners’ sugar In a large mixing bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg yolks and sour cream, stirring until combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured board; knead until dough is smooth and can be shaped into a ball. Preheat oven to 400EF. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick vegetable spray. On a lightly floured board, divide the dough into four equal pieces. Roll out one piece of dough into a 16x12-inch rectangle; cut into 2-inch squares. Place 1/2 teaspoon Walnut Filling in the center of each square, then bring 2 opposite corners, overlapping, over the filling; pinch edges together to seal. Place on prepared cookie sheets. Brush lightly with egg. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets; roll in confectioners’ sugar. Cool on a wire rack. WALNUT FILLING 1-1/4 pounds walnuts, ground
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 tablespoon almond extract In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients; blend well.

Upvote 0