Mississippi
✟257,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm. Come Judgement Day, then, I think you are in for an unpleasant surprise. And no, He wasn't, because that was not what the crucifixion was about. Truth is, we have to accept responsibilty for ourselves, and our thoughts, words and deeds, and expect to be held accountable for them, because anythng else would be unjust.

Or are you suggesting that, so long as we believe Jesus was the Messiah, God is OK with anything we do? Sounds like a recipe for social disaster, to me. And it makes a mockery of all Jesus' teaching. Why would He bother? Why not just announce who He was, cure a few people to prove it, and climb onto His cross?

Best wishes, Strivax.

So you do not believe the verses that state that Jesus took away the sin of the world. Or verses that state the person who believes in Jesus will not come into judgment.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world.

“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

“Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Book, Chapter and Verse(s) are all that's required. And no, Jesus clearly did not take away the sins of the world. People still sin, even Christians. And as for judgement, it seems from the scripture that Jesus was talking about the difference between annhilation on death and living on eternally in the presence of God. He was not talking about escaping all accountability.

But I think Jesus did, sometimes, have a tendency to overpromise to His followers. Which is understandable in a young man with a new religion to found and who knows He hasn't got much time to do it.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give give the holy spirit to them that ask"

Since the fall we are born into sin and sin cannot enter heaven. So someone never sinning is still unrighteous vs sinning all the time both will not enter heaven. See if you and me were with out Christ know how to be good do good things yet its as rages to God because we were born into sin. So yes as Christ before He died said to some "go and sin no more least a worse thing come on you".

Why was Abraham righteous? Abraham didn’t have righteousness on his own. As its written "If, in fact, Abraham was justified by works, he had something to boast about—but not before God. What does Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”

So if we believe in Yeshua/Jesus Christ we are holy righteous before God. Its why we can sit in heavenly places and why we can boldly not scared fear but boldly come before Him. He sees us through what CHRIST did. As its written For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.

I once read in the margin if your heart convicts you you won't get anything from God. I got up and said "I quit" and I meant it. I got up walked to the door and He asked me "what is righteousness?" I said ok ok righteousness is right standing with God" He asked me "how do you get righteousness?" I said by believing in Jesus. It was like being blind and then you can see.. I cried and cried. We again are 100% pure holy righteous before God because of what CHRIST did not us. God is faithful to what Christ already did.

So in all this I never once think I can do anything now I want. Even our brother Paul said the the things he should do he does not do them and the things he does not want to do he does. In all that says so we can freely sin? GOD FORBID!
We live in a fallen world in a flesh that loves to sin. We put off the old man which croupt according to its deceitful lusts And to be renewed in the spirit of our mind. We put on that new man which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. We must do this every moment in this life.

So for me to think anything I do makes ME look good in Gods eyes is a lie. After this life with all our rewards crowns we lay them at His feet. Why? Because we never did it HE DID! Its CHRIST in us that makes all things possible. Its Christ in us and to have His name so we can cast out demons speak with new tongues lay hands on the sick they shall recover.

There is no judgement coming to believers. Christ already paid the price. We get rewards...some allot some few some none. Again that right standing with God is not based on anything we do. No one comes to the Father but through Jesus. Yet there are those that never heard.. He said if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remains. I am free from sin. Knowing what He did for me. I never want to sin yet part of me does. We have a new spirit born from above or born again. Yet this flesh has not been changed yet. NO ONE can escape it in this life. Christ was the only one. He is our righteousness. If WE try to do things works that make US look good.. He gets no glory and its written man will never glory in Gods sight

One can go deeper which would be meat but..

Upvote 0