Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I've had more medical problems then any other time in my life after I turned 40 years old. I have Glaucoma, Diabetes, Acid Reflex Disease, Blood clots to lungs and a DVT. Does anyone else have medicals problems after turning 40?

Robert.

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
My last medical checkup was good, although I was very overweight at the time. I have since lost a substantial amount of weight, and tried to eat more healthy foods, while walking 3 miles a day.

My father developed arthritis in his 40's, but so far I have not. Other than that, there are no medical problems in the family that I might potentially inherit. We are all non-smokers.

Upvote 0

Learnin'2-4Give

Dec 28, 2003
✟15,282.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
During a time of great stress in my early 30's, I lost a lot of the vision in my left eye due to histoplasmosis. My car was hit by a drunk driver after that and I had some back problems for awhile.

My 40's? I'm off to a good start. Like Donny_B, I have lost a lot of weight. Actually, since July 20 of 2003 I have lost 83 pounds! I have gone from a women's size 24 to a 10 and I'm still shrinking. I feel awesome! I exercise and eat right.

Upvote 0

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Learnin'2-4Give said:
Actually, since July 20 of 2003 I have lost 83 pounds! I have gone from a women's size 24 to a 10 and I'm still shrinking. I feel awesome! I exercise and eat right.
:clap: Congratulations, sounds like you started about the same time as me! Like about the time Dr. Phil started his Weight Loss Challenge? I am down 92 pounds, but I have hit a plateau, only losing 5 pounds in 3 months. I figure it's my muscles and body makeup adjusting and the weight loss should kick in again eventually. I just bought a new bike that should help me with the remaining 50 or so pounds.

Upvote 0

Learnin'2-4Give

Dec 28, 2003
✟15,282.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Donny_B said:
:clap: Congratulations, sounds like you started about the same time as me! Like about the time Dr. Phil started his Weight Loss Challenge? I am down 92 pounds, but I have hit a plateau, only losing 5 pounds in 3 months. I figure it's my muscles and body makeup adjusting and the weight loss should kick in again eventually. I just bought a new bike that should help me with the remaining 50 or so pounds.

Congrats to you too, Donny! For me it's been prayer and Weight Watcher's On-Line. It's a great combination.

I would guess that you are right about the muscles and body adjustment. I really kicked up my workout with the last guy I dated (he was a body builder/jock type). My weight loss really slowed with that, but I really shaped up. Who knew all of these curves were under all of that flab??!! :pink:

I bought a bike at a garage sale a few weeks ago. It's a great bike, but it's just a 3-speed and it's stuck on 1 speed until I get it somewhere to be fixed! I really get an awesome workout with it right now--in fact, I probably shouldn't get it fixed!

--Julie

Upvote 0

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, All my medical problems started after 40 and I had never been in a hospital in all my life till I turned 40. I never smoked either and then when 40 came around all these medical problems started for some reason.

Thanks, Robert.

Upvote 0

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Learnin'2-4Give said:
I bought a bike at a garage sale a few weeks ago. It's a great bike, but it's just a 3-speed and it's stuck on 1 speed until I get it somewhere to be fixed! I really get an awesome workout with it right now--in fact, I probably shouldn't get it fixed!

--Julie
My bike is not an exercise bike, but a real bike, the kind you actually ride down the street. It is a 21-speed mountain bike, which makes it easier to pedal up hills and on bike trails. We have a few streets in my city with special bike lanes, and these are becoming more and more numerous as it is getting more popular.

You just have to be careful where you ride, wear a helment, and watch the automotive traffic. I'm getting more and more "in shape" where I can go further and further without losing my breath.

Upvote 0

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Robert43 said:
Hi, All my medical problems started after 40 and I had never been in a hospital in all my life till I turned 40. I never smoked either and then when 40 came around all these medical problems started for some reason.

Thanks, Robert.
My brother is sort of the "health food guru" of the family, and when I go over to my parents to eat, he has us all eating healthy, organic foods whenever possible. Perhaps it has paid off, with less health problems for everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tams67

Jun 27, 2004
Southern Illinois
✟7,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
:eek: Ok I haven't even hit 40 and I'm falling apart. four years ago I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and hypothyroidism. last year diabetes hit. If this is before 40 I hate to see what it brings:cry: But a kidding a side I have lost a lot of wight nad I am trying to get back on track keeping up with my diabetes and meds for the other problems. I also try to walk everyday. I'm sure things will improve. Right? btw hi everyone! Tams

Upvote 0