GEN X: What music have you been listening to ?!

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's always been a sweet feeling song to me, and I loved seeing Bobby McFerrin have a good time with Robin Williams (and some other guy). Thanks for sharing that one! I think I needed it at the moment along with that Wang Chung song (and others) you've posted above, too. :cool:

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: GACfan
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like covers as much as the next guy...can't say I'm a fan of bluegrass though...

Oh, I hear ya! I'm not much of a bluegrass fan myself. However, I am a fan of the Cardigans and of Iron Man--so I liked the Iron Man cartoon, but the cover was ..... surprising to me, to say the least! ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Y'know, I'm a reasonably seasoned Pink Floyd fan, but I've never heard this 'piggy' piece yet. I'll have to give it nice long listen ... Thanks! :cool:

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's always been just a sweet feeling song to me and I loved seeing Bobby McFerrin having a good time with Robin Williams in it (and some other guy). Thanks for that one! I think I needed it at the moment, along with that Wang Chung song (and others) you posted above, too. :cool:

I'm glad you're enjoying the songs I've posted so far. Btw, the some other guy is Bill Irwin.

• Informative
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, indeed---don't ya' know it! I learned everything I needed about teaching from this wonderful supplementary educational aid ^_^:

Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock !!! (1984)

"...What do you want to do with yooouurrrr llllliiiiiiiffffee ????!!!!..."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I hear ya! I'm not much of a bluegrass fan myself. However, I am a fan of the Cardigans and of Iron Man--so liked the Iron Man cartoon, but the cover was ..... surprising to me, to say the least! ^_^

They also have a cover of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Mr Crowley.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I must confess something here. In reflecting more upon my teenage years, it has just dawned on me as I again came across this song by Joe Walsh that both it and the video were somewhat influential for me in my formative years, even before I became a Christian. Although this song by Walsh wasn't one I quite understood at the time when it was released on a rather obscure album, I can see now that it's reflective of the way I see the world yet still today, 30+ years later. So, thanks for the early philosophical insights Joe Walsh!

Joe Walsh - The Confessor (1985) [Video on top, and slightly higher resolution, longer non-video on the bottom, with album cover]

"...naked as the jay that you were BOOOORRRN...!!!" (oh yeah!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟874,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Y'know, I'm a reasonably seasoned Pink Floyd fan, but I've never heard this 'piggy' piece yet. I'll have to give it nice long listen ... Thanks! :cool:

That whole album, Animals, is by far my favorite of theirs. Unsurprisingly, each song title is a different kind of animal (roughly taken from Orwell). But, it's the content, which I take to be a general push back (revelation?) on modern life/politics and the de-humanizing circumstances that breed general angst. In other words, it's existentially pleasing, to me. ^_^

• Haha
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That whole album, Animals, is by far my favorite of theirs. Unsurprisingly, each song title is a different kind of animal (roughly taken from Orwell). But, it's the content, which I take to be a general push back (revelation?) on modern life/politics and the de-humanizing circumstances that breed general angst. In other words, it's existentially pleasing, to me. ^_^
Those are some interesting interpretations about that album. I guess I know what I'll be listening to this weekend. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I so love the percussive guitar on this track. It's like James Brown said: Every instrument is a drum. :)

I've never heard this song before, BUT I LIKE ... ! :cool:

Upvote 0