Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know how to effectively manage my anxiety, as well as some other issues that are connected with this. I look online it doesn’t really help. No one to talk to who understands. I don’t have anywhere else to turn. I have been praying and praying and praying for help and relief.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,871.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t eat meat or dairy anymore. I just cannot it is disgusting to me. And as I said, my anxiety has been out of control because I am having some issues with some other things that I can’t let go of and that is also part of the reason why I can’t eat or don't want to plus on top of that I’m concerned about the quality of our food. It’s a mashup of all those things.

What you wrote above is basically why I stopped with the raw food plan in the past because it was ruining my health after so many years. I got super super thin and I didn’t feel good and once I started eating somewhat normally I felt fine. Until I started having major life issues again with some other anxiety things and now I’m at this point where I can’t eat it all. Everything is all jumbled up again and i’m at the point where the anxiety issues are taking over everything. I’ve been reading, watching & hearing all about the chemicals they’re putting in our food. This added issue is making all my anxieties unbearable.

I don’t know how to effectively manage my anxiety, as well as some other issues that are connected with this. I look online it doesn’t really help. No one to talk to who understands. I don’t have anywhere else to turn. I have been praying and praying and praying for help and relief.
While food may not be the cause of your worries and life hardships, wrong food is what can produce mental problems like anxieties, paranoia, OCD... that are out of our control.

Though you may find it hard to find people with the exact same mixture of anxieties, you are not alone regarding anxiety and mental problems as such. Most people in western countries have some.

Meat (and partially dairy) is what we as species are designed to eat, its essential for our health. You need to re-learn to eat meat again. It should not be too hard though, after overcoming some mental blocks, because its what your body wants, just make sure you are eating also enough of fat, not too lean versions.

Not sure what harmful chemicals in our food you are afraid of exactly. Those are mostly in junk food/processed food and in/on plants.

If you go to a church, you may pick some healthy and optimistic people there and ask them what they eat. In this way it may calm you down a bit regarding the contents, because its already tested on them.

Edit: it may help you if you buy your groceries online, it will give you time to rationally order food for several days, checking labels, comparing products etc, without being distracted by the environment in shopping centers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure you know about the dirty dozen in food and the clean 15. Realize it's not the ideal though.

At this point, more concerned about you eating enough to be healthy and anxiety not overwhelming you.

Along with prayerfully making requests, we can ramp up our praises such as:
"And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior" (Luke 1:47)
God "...hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" (Col 1)
"To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen." Jude v 25

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think what if companies are just lying about real food and it’s really fake. I’m just paranoid over this. Everything is just so messed up and I don’t wanna eat lab grown anything that is absolutely disgusting plus I don’t wanna eat other things with chemicals in it that will cause medical issues down the road. I am healthy and I want to stay that way.
Good. It is a very difficult road to walk in truth and in faith. Most all society, religious and medic and governments, are death dealing , not helpful.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
While food may not be the cause of your worries and life hardships, wrong food is what can produce mental problems like anxieties, paranoia, OCD... that are out of our control.

Though you may find it hard to find people with the exact same mixture of anxieties, you are not alone regarding anxiety and mental problems as such. Most people in western countries have some.
Yes, most western diets include way way too many chemicals, and not enough b-vitamins, or other nutrients that do certainly prevent disease and can almost always reverse illness in the body or mind.

Reactions: trophy33
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
When Jesus was on the earth, He blessed the food
checking this out in Hebrew, Jesus did not bless the food.
He gave thanks to the Father in a known Hebrew Prayer of thanks, a habit practiced today by faithful ones who know.

• Informative
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the past, I followed a vegetarian lifestyle plan. Then it morphed into veganism and then raw food. I wasn’t too strict at times when I craved meat or some kind of cheese things of that sort, but then I would basically go back to sticking to my commitment to those lifestyle plans. I did give up milk and I have not drank it in over 20 years. I followed these plans strictly for health. I was not doing it to lose weight in fact, I’ve always been a bit underweight since I’m very petite. Overtime I found that they were completely unhealthy for me especially raw food. I had even ventured into the zone diet.

For the last three years, I’ve been eating whatever I want except for milk. I read all the labels to make sure that I’m not eating anything that is fake, gmo or unhealthy with added chemicals and I try to eat everything that is natural or organic. Lately I have not had an appetite and there is nothing physically wrong with me. I just don’t have an appetite because I keep reading about what they’re putting in our food and what is going on with that. I have lost my appetite completely. I have no interest in food anymore. The pleasure of eating has gone out the window.

When I do eat, it’s more of the Mediterranean type food plan and that’s not even on purpose that’s just how it is but I still don’t really feel satisfied or full. I just wanna make sure that I’m eating real food but then again, I think what if companies are just lying about real food and it’s really fake. I’m just paranoid over this. Everything is just so messed up and I don’t wanna eat lab grown anything that is absolutely disgusting plus I don’t wanna eat other things with chemicals in it that will cause medical issues down the road. I am healthy and I want to stay that way.

So I guess my issue is that I’m barely eating now and I miss food to a point but I can’t get myself to eat it because I’m a afraid to eat and I see how messed up that is but I still have this issue. Can anyone else relate to this? I can’t be the only person. For the last two weeks I have not had any type of appetite and even though I’m starving right now as I type this out I just don’t have a desire to eat. I usually eat something very small In the morning (around 7:30) so that I can take my herbals but then I don’t eat anything the rest of the day. I think it’s due to the fact that I’m afraid to eat food because of what could be in it and also because I’ve had a lot of anxiety that has come out of the blue lately for reasons unknown to me.
Gen 9:3-4
3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What you wrote above is basically why I stopped with the raw food plan in the past because it was ruining my health after so many years. I got super super thin and I didn’t feel good and once I started eating somewhat normally I felt fine. Until I started having major life issues again with some other anxiety things and now I’m at this point where I can’t eat it all. Everything is all jumbled up again and i’m at the point where the anxiety issues are taking over everything. I’ve been reading, watching & hearing all about the chemicals they’re putting in our food. This added issue is making all my anxieties unbearable.

If you're underweight, you should at least try lifting some weights as a workout or exercise. Start with something light like 3 lb dumbbells and slowly work yourself up in weight. Add another 3 lbs after two weeks and so on and so forth, 3 lbs each time.

Doing squats, lunges, and deadlifts with those dumbbells.

I would advice running too. The purpose of these exercises is to restore bone density and strength because the most serious concern of being underweight is losing bone strength and becoming susceptible to bone fracture. Consider taking calcium and Vitamin D supplements as you do these exercises as well.

Exercise and fasting seems to greatly improve immunity to toxins you can get from food. If you're worried about the toxins present in food.

Exercise and fasting can affect Genetic Expression as if your DNA acquired beneficial mutations. It can also stimulate release of natural body antioxidants and anti-inflammatory chemicals which can help you negate the effects of toxins that may be present in food.

We read in the Bible the believers will be immune to poison. It correlates with the fact that the followers of Christ in the ancient times fasted regularly, at least twice a week and were very physically active, walking many miles a day.

I personally eat very poor quality food (not by choice) that can easily cause cardio vascular diseases to many. I'm dealing with financial difficulties for a long time now and I get the cheapest food available.

But because I fast daily (Intermittent Fasting) and do intense exercise sessions while fasting, I am immune to the unhealthy ingredients or chemicals in the food I eat. I even have hypertension (high blood pressure) and pre-diabetes before and now they're gone, praise God! Obviously, it's because of eating dirt cheap greasy foods but because of fasting and exercising and burning lots of calories in intense exercise sessions.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've always exercised & lifted 5 days a week. Been doing this since a teen. I've tried eating organic meats, poultry & fish but stop myself because even that I've heard isn't always organic now. I don't like soy at all so I've tried to choke down organic type cottage cheese/cheese but that is hard since I keep thinking I'm eating pus. Makes me want to throw up typing this. I used to have a love/hate relationship with food (obviously still do) but for the past 20+ years its been more hate. I eat only just enough (in my mind) to stay alive but to others it's really not. Even though I'm hungry & want to eat I can't bring myself to because the food is poison. Do I feel good everyday? No but what else can I do at this point. The past 8 years have been the worst. I know it's not normal to think about food most of the time. Fasting is excellent btw.

I'm super strict about my day/evening routines. My day starts around 5 (bed is at 9) with my herbals & my 1st Stanley cup of water which equals 5 cups of water. This is followed up by a cup of black coffee. Then later in the morning a slice of sourdough bread with butter. After that I have my 2nd round of water with Junp in it. Around 3 is when I eat again. Sometimes it's one of the following: a small bowl of cottage cheese, a string cheese stick, a banana, some peanut butter, a salad, some potatoes....Later some kind of tea like black, green or chai. Sometimes my 2nd eating time is in the evening but I stop by 6 & I get 10 cups of filtered water in daily.

I hate going out to eat & rarely eat by anyones house. When I eat it's stressful because I don't want to eat. All I can think of is food is poison & I'm probably eating poison even if it's organic! But also my body tells me I need more food but I can't bring myself to eat anything else. I check every label to make sure it's not bio engineered food (BEF) or has chemicals in it. Food to me is a privilege. I don't seek to eat for pleasure. (much like everything else) I also figure with the rising cost of foods & me not eating much then I'm saving money for others & getting used to not having much food for myself if that happens in the future. I always think in those terms. How can I sacrifice my personal things to prepare for the future in a worse case scenario. Been thinking & doing this for 10 years now. I don't deny others the food they want but I don't feel it's for me.

I RUN on (GAD) anxiety & nerves! (all my life) This is how I've been living without eating so much & survive.

Last edited:
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I've always exercised & lifted 5 days a week. Been doing this since a teen. I've tried eating organic meats, poultry & fish but stop myself because even that I've heard isn't always organic now. I don't like soy at all so I've tried to choke down organic type cottage cheese/cheese but that is hard since I keep thinking I'm eating pus. Makes me want to throw up typing this. I used to have a love/hate relationship with food (obviously still do) but for the past 20+ years its been more hate. I eat only just enough (in my mind) to stay alive but to others it's really not. Even though I'm hungry & want to eat I can't bring myself to because the food is poison. Do I feel good everyday? No but what else can I do at this point. The past 8 years have been the worst. I know it's not normal to think about food most of the time. Fasting is excellent btw.

I'm super strict about my day/evening routines. My day starts around 5 (bed is at 9) with my herbals & my 1st Stanley cup of water which equals 5 cups of water. This is followed up by a cup of black coffee. Then later in the morning a slice of sourdough bread with butter. After that I have my 2nd round of water with Junp in it. Around 3 is when I eat again. Sometimes it's one of the following: a small bowl of cottage cheese, a string cheese stick, a banana, some peanut butter, a salad, some potatoes....Later some kind of tea like black, green or chai. Sometimes my 2nd eating time is in the evening but I stop by 6 & I get 10 cups of filtered water in daily.

I hate going out to eat & rarely eat by anyones house. When I eat it's stressful because I don't want to eat. All I can think of is food is poison & I'm probably eating poison even if it's organic! But also my body tells me I need more food but I can't bring myself to eat anything else. I check every label to make sure it's not bio engineered food (BEF) or has chemicals in it. Food to me is a privilege. I don't seek to eat for pleasure. (much like everything else) I also figure with the rising cost of foods & me not eating much then I'm saving money for others & getting used to not having much food for myself if that happens in the future. I always think in those terms. How can I sacrifice my personal things to prepare for the future in a worse case scenario. Been thinking & doing this for 10 years now. I don't deny others the food they want but I don't feel it's for me.

I RUN on (GAD) anxiety & nerves! (all my life) This is how I've been living without eating so much & survive.

I don't trust organic labels either. But it doesn't really matter for me because I can't afford them anyway.

Since you exercise. Hoping that running or jogging is one of them. You could be doing fine all along. It's very important for us underweight people. I'm underweight too. Running and lifting weight helps prevent bone degeneration and with calcium and vitamin D supplementation or by drinking fortified milk.

I only drink 4 to 6 cups of water a day even though I exercise a lot and sweat lot in this hot tropical climate. I'm slightly dehydrated from the color of my urine, yet no other symptoms. In fact, my migraines stopped when I started drinking less water. I started lasting longer in workouts even if doing my workouts during fasting. My dad only drank so little water, never had headaches.

I'm not advising you to cut back on water. But if you're eating so little, you may have to cut back on water OR add electrolytes to your water. When I used to drink more water, I added a pinch of iodized salt in my 600 mL water bottle.

Food to me is a privilege. I don't seek to eat for pleasure.

That's a noble thinking. You know what would happen if all people in the world have enough money to eat like Americans? The world will be seeing a major ecological / environmental disaster. Our planet simply cannot sustain it.

The only reason some (fewer) people are "shielded" from the consequences of unethical lifestyles is the absurdity of how wealth is distributed in this world.

Centuries into the future, people are doing to look back and show contempt and disgust at how we're able to tolerate such system as we have shown contempt and disgust at slavery and displacement of indigenous tribes centuries ago all stemming from the love of money.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I hope you found out and switched to real salt , or a good sea salt.

I don't even add salt anymore to the water I drink anymore. I did love the taste of salted water and still does. But no longer found it necessary.

I now only drink when thirsty, like real thirsty. For some very strange reason, I feel way better this way. I feel like I'm 8 years old again physically and it's not a joke! Ofc, it happened along with many other major lifestyle changes I did.

• Useful
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
JUNP is an electrolyte powder like the liquid IV packets only cheaper. I buy a 3 month container of it instead of a 2 week supply which costs more. Jogging & running have never been my thing.

That's great if it's like liquid IV. Two of my cycling buddies use liquid IV and can't go without it. I never, because I always go for the cheapest that is iodized salt and I do like the taste of slightly salted water.

I understand about jogging and running. They're not my favorite workout either but cycling but have to supplant it with running to keep the big bones in the body strong.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today is one of the days again that I’m so beyond fed up I don’t even care anymore. Seriously what’s the point? No matter what I eat or don’t eat. It’s not gonna be healthy or good for me, so what’s the point and I can’t put chemicals into my body. I can’t grow my own or go to a farmers market and buy directly from a Farmer so again what are people supposed to do? There are no other options but not to eat as much and to only eat a few foods that you know are safe. I walk around in the kitchen looking for something to eat and I can’t eat any of it except for those couple things and I can’t keep eating those all day long. I am hungry. I am paralyzed by everything I can’t make a move for food or other things. it just doesn’t work. Telling Somebody just eat, doesn’t really help Because I don’t think people understand what is going on here. Some do and some don’t.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,871.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today is one of the days again that I’m so beyond fed up I don’t even care anymore. Seriously what’s the point? No matter what I eat or don’t eat. It’s not gonna be healthy or good for me, so what’s the point and I can’t put chemicals into my body. I can’t grow my own or go to a farmers market and buy directly from a Farmer so again what are people supposed to do? There are no other options but not to eat as much and to only eat a few foods that you know are safe. I walk around in the kitchen looking for something to eat and I can’t eat any of it except for those couple things and I can’t keep eating those all day long. I am hungry. I am paralyzed by everything I can’t make a move for food or other things. it just doesn’t work. Telling Somebody just eat, doesn’t really help Because I don’t think people understand what is going on here. Some do and some don’t.
Try carnivore diet - no foreign chemicals for your body, just exactly what it needs to build and function, in the right ratio of everything. No contents on labels, no additives. Just buy a raw fatty (very important) meat and cook it at home (add only salt). If you cant find fatty meat, add butter or lard to it. Its the ultimate, clean, elimination diet. Prefer beef. You may add some eggs, cheese, kefirs (clean ones, without sugars, fruit and other additives).

Your physical and also your mental state, mood and energy will get much better. Many mental problems are caused by plants in diet, by herbal teas, sugars, seed oils, coffee/caffeine, oxalates, lectins, pesticides, herbicides and many other poisons in them. Plant chemicals act like drugs, in our bodies. Damaging you if taken constantly. You may even experience withdrawal effect. Its recommended to try carnivore for at least 3 months to see all the effects.

This may help you for the beginning of your personal study:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Try carnivore diet - no foreign chemicals for your body, just exactly what it needs to build and function, in the right ratio of everything. No contents on labels, no additives. Just buy a raw fatty (very important) meat and cook it at home (add only salt). If you cant find fatty meat, add butter or lard to it. Its the ultimate, clean, elimination diet. Prefer beef. You may add some eggs, cheese, kefirs (clean ones, without sugars, fruit and other additives).

Your physical and also your mental state, mood and energy will get much better. Many mental problems are caused by plants in diet, by herbal teas, sugars, seed oils, coffee/caffeine, oxalates, lectins, pesticides, herbicides and many other poisons in them. Plant chemicals act like drugs, in our bodies. Damaging you if taken constantly. You may even experience withdrawal effect. Its recommended to try carnivore for at least 3 months to see all the effects.

This may help you for the beginning of your personal study:
I understand everything you’re saying & do appreciate the suggestions from everyone. I don’t have any say in what is bought concerning food. I’m just going have to keep doing what I’m doing. I don’t really even care anymore.

Upvote 0