Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the past, I followed a vegetarian lifestyle plan. Then it morphed into veganism and then raw food. I wasn’t too strict at times when I craved meat or some kind of cheese things of that sort, but then I would basically go back to sticking to my commitment to those lifestyle plans. I did give up milk and I have not drank it in over 20 years. I followed these plans strictly for health. I was not doing it to lose weight in fact, I’ve always been a bit underweight since I’m very petite. Overtime I found that they were completely unhealthy for me especially raw food. I had even ventured into the zone diet.

For the last three years, I’ve been eating whatever I want except for milk. I read all the labels to make sure that I’m not eating anything that is fake, gmo or unhealthy with added chemicals and I try to eat everything that is natural or organic. Lately I have not had an appetite and there is nothing physically wrong with me. I just don’t have an appetite because I keep reading about what they’re putting in our food and what is going on with that. I have lost my appetite completely. I have no interest in food anymore. The pleasure of eating has gone out the window.

When I do eat, it’s more of the Mediterranean type food plan and that’s not even on purpose that’s just how it is but I still don’t really feel satisfied or full. I just wanna make sure that I’m eating real food but then again, I think what if companies are just lying about real food and it’s really fake. I’m just paranoid over this. Everything is just so messed up and I don’t wanna eat lab grown anything that is absolutely disgusting plus I don’t wanna eat other things with chemicals in it that will cause medical issues down the road. I am healthy and I want to stay that way.

So I guess my issue is that I’m barely eating now and I miss food to a point but I can’t get myself to eat it because I’m a afraid to eat and I see how messed up that is but I still have this issue. Can anyone else relate to this? I can’t be the only person. For the last two weeks I have not had any type of appetite and even though I’m starving right now as I type this out I just don’t have a desire to eat. I usually eat something very small In the morning (around 7:30) so that I can take my herbals but then I don’t eat anything the rest of the day. I think it’s due to the fact that I’m afraid to eat food because of what could be in it and also because I’ve had a lot of anxiety that has come out of the blue lately for reasons unknown to me.

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I relate 100%. I found the vegetarian/vegan lifestyle very inflammatory so I moved to keto and have had been much more successful with weight loss and fitness goals. I went from a big, lifeless couch potato to a very active person, strength training, running, krav maga etc.

Like you, I'm convinced the food and water is poisoned with chemicals (especially processed food) so buy from local farms and only eat real food e.g. butter, eggs, bacon, ground beef etc.

I don't know how to help apart from saying that someone can relate.........will pray for you x

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟809,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you grow a garden? There are ideas online if interested. The vertical ones would help if there's limited space.

Also, don't mean to offend but seems fear is overwhelming. Encourage you to asks the Lord to guide you.

When Jesus was on the earth, He blessed the food in both Acts 27:35 and Matt 14:19-21. We can certainly asks His blessings for our food.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,871.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the past, I followed a vegetarian lifestyle plan. Then it morphed into veganism and then raw food. I wasn’t too strict at times when I craved meat or some kind of cheese things of that sort, but then I would basically go back to sticking to my commitment to those lifestyle plans. I did give up milk and I have not drank it in over 20 years. I followed these plans strictly for health. I was not doing it to lose weight in fact, I’ve always been a bit underweight since I’m very petite. Overtime I found that they were completely unhealthy for me especially raw food. I had even ventured into the zone diet.

For the last three years, I’ve been eating whatever I want except for milk. I read all the labels to make sure that I’m not eating anything that is fake, gmo or unhealthy with added chemicals and I try to eat everything that is natural or organic. Lately I have not had an appetite and there is nothing physically wrong with me. I just don’t have an appetite because I keep reading about what they’re putting in our food and what is going on with that. I have lost my appetite completely. I have no interest in food anymore. The pleasure of eating has gone out the window.

When I do eat, it’s more of the Mediterranean type food plan and that’s not even on purpose that’s just how it is but I still don’t really feel satisfied or full. I just wanna make sure that I’m eating real food but then again, I think what if companies are just lying about real food and it’s really fake. I’m just paranoid over this. Everything is just so messed up and I don’t wanna eat lab grown anything that is absolutely disgusting plus I don’t wanna eat other things with chemicals in it that will cause medical issues down the road. I am healthy and I want to stay that way.

So I guess my issue is that I’m barely eating now and I miss food to a point but I can’t get myself to eat it because I’m a afraid to eat and I see how messed up that is but I still have this issue. Can anyone else relate to this? I can’t be the only person. For the last two weeks I have not had any type of appetite and even though I’m starving right now as I type this out I just don’t have a desire to eat. I usually eat something very small In the morning (around 7:30) so that I can take my herbals but then I don’t eat anything the rest of the day. I think it’s due to the fact that I’m afraid to eat food because of what could be in it and also because I’ve had a lot of anxiety that has come out of the blue lately for reasons unknown to me.
You have few options, ordered from easiest to hardest:

1. Buy bio certified products
2. Buy from local farmers you personally know
3. Become your own farmer

Or some combination of those.

Food does not need to be perfect 100% of time, body is able to deal with a problematic food from time to time. Without this ability our ancestors would go extinct.

So do not go into an anxiety zone, just keep the food to be healthy and clean whenever you can. If you will not eat enough, the malnutrition will become more harmful than eating a non-ideal food. And more quickly - average people live on totally disastrous diets for decades. Average people who eat more healthy food live to 80. However, without eating enough, people can die quite quickly.

You do not need to worry that you would not notice the food is bad, companies cannot cheat you for long. You can measure your blood pressure, exercise performance, you see the condition of your skin, teeth and gums, how you sleep, how you feel during a day, if you have some pains, if you are without seasonal flues etc. If those are fine, you are doing good and there is no "secret poison" in your food.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you grow a garden? There are ideas online if interested. The vertical ones would help if there's limited space.

Also, don't mean to offend but seems fear is overwhelming. Encourage you to asks the Lord to guide you.

When Jesus was on the earth, He blessed the food in both Acts 27:35 and Matt 14:19-21. We can certainly asks His blessings for our food.
I cannot afford to buy much organic and I cannot grow anything where I live. And yes, the sphere is overwhelming because I again don’t want to eat this morning. It’s really hard to eat.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have few options, ordered from easiest to hardest:

1. Buy bio certified products
2. Buy from local farmers you personally know
3. Become your own farmer

Or some combination of those.

Food does not need to be perfect 100% of time, body is able to deal with a problematic food from time to time. Without this ability our ancestors would go extinct.

So do not go into an anxiety zone, just keep the food to be healthy and clean whenever you can. If you will not eat enough, the malnutrition will become more harmful than eating a non-ideal food. And more quickly - average people live on totally disastrous diets for decades. Average people who eat more healthy food live to 80. However, without eating enough, people can die quite quickly.

You do not need to worry that you would not notice the food is bad, companies cannot cheat you for long. You can measure your blood pressure, exercise performance, you see the condition of your skin, teeth and gums, how you sleep, how you feel during a day, if you have some pains, if you are without seasonal flues etc. If those are fine, you are doing good and there is no "secret poison" in your food.
I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not that easy for me. I literally have no appetite and do not want to eat at all. I cannot grow my own food, There are no farmers around by me and I cannot afford to buy everything organic. I eat a very bland small amount of certain foods, and I don’t really care to deviate from that because food does not give me any pleasure.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I also stay top of everything that’s going on with society & the food industry. (20+ years) I watch all the videos. I pay attention to the real news because I don’t watch mainstream news. Nothing good is coming out of the food industry. And if I could grown my own food as I did in the past or get in touch with local farmers if I had the money for that or if I just had the money to go all organic completely 100% I would, but I can’t, so I just have to limit my intake. Even though I don’t feel good at all at least I continue to take my herbal supplements and my electrolytes. I would rather be in truth then be in denial and turn my head the other way and eat a bunch of stuff that is not healthy at all. I don’t want to eat fake anything and I don’t want to eat lab grown anything and I don’t want to eat things like a bunch of chemicals and pesticides in them. Now I know this has been going on for years, but it has been a real struggle for me for a very long time and it’s getting worse because more is coming out.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now if I can only get the anxiety under control. I take A few different things to help that, but nothing seems to work, and I have tried other things with no luck. I don’t do pharmaceuticals or counseling. I wake up every day with anxiety attacks. I pray about it but not much changes so I feel like I’m supposed to go through this day after day year after year. I am not happy with anything like most people nowadays and I guess this is how my life is supposed to be because nothing is gonna get better. The only thing we have to look forward to us being with Jesus when that time comes, but until then there’s not much hole or much to look forward to in this fallen world. We shouldn’t have our eyes on what’s going on in the world to make us happy it’s about eternal happiness in Jesus. JMO. Just the ramblings of someone who’s been up since four in the morning lol after getting three hours of sleep again. Of course I don’t tell anybody this, although I have dropped small hints to certain people. I just put on a fake persona when I have to because otherwise I will alarm certain people and I can’t do that.

Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you tried fasting? Fasting for 24-36 hours removes almost all toxins from a meal e.g. over indulgence, chemical, alcohol etc. Lots of people eat their maintenance calories or just over for a day and then fast for the above time and start again.

In this way, your will save money if you buy from the supermarket and could maybe then afford more quality food as you wouldn't be eating as often.

Farms do sometimes have online stores who will deliver- have you looked into this?

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Have you tried fasting? Fasting for 24-36 hours removes almost all toxins from a meal e.g. over indulgence, chemical, alcohol etc. Lots of people eat their maintenance calories or just over for a day and then fast for the above time and start again.

In this way, your will save money if you buy from the supermarket and could maybe then afford more quality food as you wouldn't be eating as often.

Farms do sometimes have online stores who will deliver- have you looked into this?
I have fasted many times in the past. Honestly, I don’t even eat the recommended calories for my weight 100-105. I eat way under and I’ve probably hit about less than 500 in the past for many years. I know for a fact, I’ve been doing way less than that lately and I’m not kidding. As much as I would love to eat, I just can’t bring myself to do it. I can’t force myself because it just doesn’t taste right.

I don’t do the food shopping so I have nothing to do with that. I am asked if there’s anything I would like, but I usually say no because I don’t ask for anything special since nothing appeals to me. This has really helped me from eating often I don’t know if that could be a blessing or a disguise lol.

Ordering from a farm or buying from a farm is not my call and It’s not affordable for the person who is buying the food. They do try to buy natural and organic as much as they can but still it doesn’t tempt me or make me want to eat. I figure it’s more for others benefits because they’ll eat it so it doesn’t go to waste at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have fasted many times in the past. Honestly, I don’t even eat the recommended calories for my weight 100-105. I eat way under and I’ve probably hit about less than 500 in the past for many years. I know for a fact, I’ve been doing way less than that lately and I’m not kidding. As much as I would love to eat, I just can’t bring myself to do it. I can’t force myself because it just doesn’t taste right.

I don’t do the food shopping so I have nothing to do with that. I am asked if there’s anything I would like, but I usually say no because I don’t ask for anything special since nothing appeals to me. This has really helped me from eating often I don’t know if that could be a blessing or a disguise lol.

Ordering from a farm or buying from a farm is not my call and It’s not affordable for the person who is buying the food. They do try to buy natural and organic as much as they can but still it doesn’t tempt me or make me want to eat. I figure it’s more for others benefits because they’ll eat it so it doesn’t go to waste at all.
Ok, I'm sorry you're struggling so much. I don't know how to reintroduce a lost appetite, honestly, I always have the opposite problem of having too much of one!

I do think you're right to be concerned but if you're worried about being poisoned, you're almost fulfilling health problems by avoidance to this degree, if that makes sense?

Maybe someone else will come along and be more helpful? I'm sure between us we can get this figured out for you!

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,871.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand what you’re saying, but it’s not that easy for me. I literally have no appetite and do not want to eat at all. I cannot grow my own food, There are no farmers around by me and I cannot afford to buy everything organic. I eat a very bland small amount of certain foods, and I don’t really care to deviate from that because food does not give me any pleasure.
The purpose of food is not to give us pleasure, but to sustain our life and health.

If you have no appetite, but rationally know that you must eat more, then eat without appetite, slowly. Your body will get used to eat again.

What foods do you eat? Your anxiety attacks may be related to seed oils, sugars or phytochemicals. Also, it seems to me you eat too early (7:30) and your digestion may not be ready yet.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The purpose of food is not to give us pleasure, but to sustain our life and health.

If you have no appetite, but rationally know that you must eat more, then eat without appetite, slowly. Your body will get used to eat again.

What foods do you eat? Your anxiety attacks may be related to seed oils, sugars or phytochemicals. Also, it seems to me you eat too early (7:30) and your digestion may not be ready yet.
My anxiety attacks are not related to the food. I know what’s causing them. When I actually want to eat it’s: sourdough bread, (one piece a day because I love it too much lol) applesauce, fruit smoothies, spinach salad, potatoes & hummus. If I must eat then I have to eat at 7:30 because I get up at 5 sometimes earlier and I have a chore schedule that I like to keep for myself & I’ve set myself to be done with everything by 8-8:30 in the morning. I’ve been doing this for many years. Even on the weekends. I don’t feel as though I want to eat any day honestly.

However, there are times like the last couple weeks that I’ve been waking up earlier than that because I just have anxiety attacks thinking about things & I can’t stop because I just keep obsessing over them. And I realize it’s making me ill in the long run. I just can’t stop the anxious stomach. That is the biggest problem. If I could get that under control I think I could handle everything else a little bit better. My mind is almost to the point where I can feel somewhat better but my body is betraying me.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I'm sorry you're struggling so much. I don't know how to reintroduce a lost appetite, honestly, I always have the opposite problem of having too much of one!

I do think you're right to be concerned but if you're worried about being poisoned, you're almost fulfilling health problems by avoidance to this degree, if that makes sense?

Maybe someone else will come along and be more helpful? I'm sure between us we can get this figured out for you!
TY I understand. I was just hesitant to write some of it because I have the opposite problem and it sounds like I am being a bragger when that’s not the case. I’ve always been underweight & have weighed anywhere from 80-105 my whole life. I ate whatever I wanted & I still can/could never gain weight. In extreme stress I will lose a lot of weight. Some people would call that a blessing, but sometimes it can be a curse. But my food issues really started when I was in my junior year of high school into my senior year and then it straightened out for a while and then about 2010 they started up again on & off to today. No one in my family had food issues & food was not scarce. I had a great relationship with food up until that specific time. No one knew that this was going on & no one has ever known. Now my family is completely gone & it’s just me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I have always felt food as in for a purpose to stay alive & that’s what I’ve done. I’ve always just eaten just enough just to stay alive, but they were a few times when there were certain foods that I really liked. Then I would eat for pleasure, but that’s so wrong. I feel guilty for eating & sometimes feel I don’t deserve it. Like food is sometimes a right in my mind while other times it’s a privilege. I really don’t deserve a lot of things. Sometimes this is a good time to cut myself of any thing, since our food has been contaminated & I won’t miss anything.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Plus there are days that I have just been crying every single day and I really just don’t even want to deal with that anymore. I just can’t deal with the crying and stuff it down all the time because I don’t want to let myself cry. I really really try hard not to but sometimes I just can’t help it and then I get mad at myself because I’m weak crying over stupid stuff. Like I said, normally I can just keep stuffing down my feelings. I’ve done it my whole life, but for some reason the last couple weeks it has been really hard for me to do that then other times I have no idea why I feel so sad. And I keep praying and praying and praying for God to make this stop. Can’t eat can’t sleep can’t do anything no desire no motivation for anything because I realize that life is a lie and there’s nothing really worth being excited in this life over anymore. It’s not just from the last 3 1/2 years but this has been on and off for a LONG time.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,871.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My anxiety attacks are not related to the food. I know what’s causing them. When I actually want to eat it’s: sourdough bread, (one piece a day because I love it too much lol) applesauce, fruit smoothies, spinach salad, potatoes & hummus.
I am afraid it is related to your food... these vegan diets are not healthy and will distort your bodily functions, producing all sorts of problems.

Humans are mostly carnivores and need a lot of meat and animal fat to thrive. I think it will solve most of your problems, if not all of them.

I had various anxieties too, much of it went away when I tried keto diet for few months. Its just anectodal and it might be caused by some other changes, but there is actually a lot of science backing it up.

You may find some interesting info about biochemistry and food here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am afraid it is related to your food... these vegan diets are not healthy and will distort your bodily functions, producing all sorts of problems.

Humans are mostly carnivores and need a lot of meat and animal fat to thrive. I think it will solve most of your problems, if not all of them.

I had various anxieties too, much of it went away when I tried keto diet for few months. Its just anectodal and it might be caused by some other changes, but there is actually a lot of science backing it up.

I understand what you’re saying, but I can’t eat meat or dairy anymore. I just cannot it is disgusting to me. And as I said, my anxiety has been out of control because I am having some issues with some other things that I can’t let go of and that is also part of the reason why I can’t eat or don't want to plus on top of that I’m concerned about the quality of our food. It’s a mashup of all those things.

Upvote 0

Lærke

Dec 20, 2021
Midwest
✟16,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

What you wrote above is basically why I stopped with the raw food plan in the past because it was ruining my health after so many years. I got super super thin and I didn’t feel good and once I started eating somewhat normally I felt fine. Until I started having major life issues again with some other anxiety things and now I’m at this point where I can’t eat it all. Everything is all jumbled up again and i’m at the point where the anxiety issues are taking over everything. I’ve been reading, watching & hearing all about the chemicals they’re putting in our food. This added issue is making all my anxieties unbearable.

Upvote 0