Episcopalian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Today at 09:53 PM Auntie said this in Post #2

What makes you think they are not "legitimate"? Do they deny Christ?

&nbsp;If you do not know how to answer a question, please do not waste my time. I never indicated that I thought they were not.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;I can accept Christ and not follow Christian doctrine, its rather easy.

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 04:13 PM Job_38 said this in Post #4 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=684044#post684044)

If you do not know how to answer a question, please do not waste my time. I never indicated that I thought they were not.

Do you always judge people so harshly, Job?

You seemed to be questioning the legitimacy of the Episcopalians. I misread your question, and that is enough for you to jump down my throat and accuse me of wasting your time? I'm sorry that you immediately think the worst of people. I will gladly put you on ignore, preventing me from reading your questions and never again to ask a question of you.

I assumed you knew something of the Episcopalians, something that had caused you to question their legitmacy. This is flat text, and it is sometimes difficult to express ourselves and communicate our thoughts to each other. But I am reading you loud and clear, and I have no need for someone so quick to anger and judgement.

Upvote 0

Athlon4all

I'm offline indefintely
Feb 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,965.00
Honestly, I think that they are off in some doctrines (Predestinational salvation, they don't think the Bible is infallible), and they are in the same category as the Catholic church and the calvinistic Reformed church. I struggle some times with whether I can have fellowship with some of these churches which I feel are off in some key areas. They do not deny AFAIK the diety of Christ (just as the Catholics and Reformed church don't deny the diety of Christ) and that is a very important thing. I think that really it comes down to how the person is living. People must be doers of the Word, and really must be in a relationship with Christ (ie like in John 15, and I John 1)

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
my husband was raised an epes. and still considers himself one although he has not attended that denomination in 24 years. He is defintely a Christian but had not recieved much bible training as a youth. I have a friend who is an epec. priest and to the best of my knowledge she is also a christian.

Upvote 0
Well, just for the sake of continuing the discussion, I'm an Episcopalian, and I think I'm a legitimate Christian. I may disagree with Job on some certain points of doctrine, but that doesn't make me think Job is an illegitimate Christian.

Gotta say, it's pretty weird watching some of y'all talk about us as though we're a different species altogether.

God's Peace,

Jeff K

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Hello Jeff.

Please don't let one very rude poster color your opinion of this site.
Some people, instead of doing a simple search or going directly to the church website, prefer to ask questions like this in order to spark a controversy.

They also enjoy examining every single sect of Christianity for doctinal differences with their own.
It's a hobby called, "Who is The True Christian?". When they are called on it they, of course, feign innocence.

Welcome to Christian Forums. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Auntie

THANK YOU JESUS!!
Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
✟27,878.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today at 07:08 PM jeffkrantz said this in Post #9 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=684280#post684280)

Gotta say, it's pretty weird watching some of y'all talk about us as though we're a different species altogether.

God's Peace,

Jeff K

Welcome to CF, Jeff.:wave:

I hope you will hang around and post, coz there are some good people here. Some of my ancestors were Episcopalian, and are buried in St. Johns Episcopal Churchyard at Elizabeth, New Jersey. I have a big soft spot in my heart for Episcopalians.:)

Upvote 0

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Do you always judge people so harshly, Job?

No, I am being rather mild right now.

Hello Jeff.

Please don't let one very rude poster color your opinion of this site.
Some people, instead of doing a simple search or going directly to the church website, prefer to ask questions like this in order to spark a controversy.

They also enjoy examining every single sect of Christianity for doctinal differences with their own.
It's a hobby called, "Who is The True Christian?". When they are called on it they, of course, feign innocence.

Welcome to Christian Forums.

No, I want to see if a beloved friend of mine is going to a Church that is teaching practical Christian doctrine. I never mentioned anything of one being saved or not.

sorry if my believing that one should have an accurate view of God and truly knowing Him offends you.

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
on a little note, you can say you accept "Christ" but whether or not it's really Christ or some person that you made up and call Christ is a different story.

For example - I do not believe the Mormons believe in the same Jesus that I believe in. Well I know they don't, from what I understand they think Satan is Jesus' brother and that Jesus was created.

:)

Maybe an episcopalian could say what they believe about Christ :D hehe, that would answer a lot of questions!

(by the way, the test that John gave in 1st John about bad doctrines is to see if they believe in Jesus (the one in the Bible :p))

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, here's a starting point: If they accept the Nicene Creed, then, for purposes of this site, they're a "legitimate sect of Christianity".

Oh, you want God's opinion? I believe it's mostly "Hey, dude, there's something in your eye."

It's not your job to know or care whether or not someone else is a "legitimate" Christian; it's your job to know whether *you're* doing your best.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Today at 12:27 AM Job_38 said this in Post #12 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=684732#post684732)

Man you people are insane.

No... actually, most of us are tired of seeing people getting kicked to the curb by other people, because they attend a church that believes differently and are thus labeled as not a "true" Christian.

You guys would make good Mormons.

No, I don't think so... they don't honor Mary. I wouldn't fit in.

Besides, I don't consider myself to be a god in embryo.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
Yesterday at 05:08 PM jeffkrantz said this in Post #9

Well, just for the sake of continuing the discussion, I'm an Episcopalian, and I think I'm a legitimate Christian. I may disagree with Job on some certain points of doctrine, but that doesn't make me think Job is an illegitimate Christian.

God's Peace,

Jeff K

&nbsp;

Hi Jeff :wave:&nbsp; I have not read all the way thru this thread but your post pop out at me and thank God it did. I was begining to think I had arrived at the wrong board. :scratch: funny, I can't imagine coming close to thinking that Episcopalian wasn't legit. I have consider switching over to them as a matter of fact. I'm a Presbyterain :)

I'd love to ask you a few questions about being Episcopalian.

Peace,

Janine

&nbsp;

Upvote 0
Job wrote: &nbsp;
No, I want to see if a beloved friend of mine is going to a Church that is teaching practical Christian doctrine. I never mentioned anything of one being saved or not.

sorry if my believing that one should have an accurate view of God and truly knowing Him offends you. [/B]
&nbsp;
&nbsp;Job,
Oh dear, I can see some education is in order here...you need to go to your local College and sign up for a class in history on religion or read an actual book on the reformation..ooo now theres an idea..read a book.

The Ep church has a better and more solid view of God then you could probably handle. Last word..grow up and read, then come back and have an adult conversation. :rolleyes:

Peace,

Janine

&nbsp;

Upvote 0

MizDoulos

<font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f
Jan 1, 2002
The "Left Coast" of the USA
Visit site
✟22,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A note to everyone:

Let's not start flaming each other but step back and take a breather. Use your private message option to contact each other to resolve personal conflicts.

Thank you.

[noflame][/noflame]

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.