Down in Mary's Land
✟36,890.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
but even if human life did not begin implantation would it be moral to activly try to stop implantation?

It's not immoral to stop implantation if there is no individual life to take in the process. Nature does this a whole lot--most fertilized eggs don't implant, and implantation is inhibited by normal activities such as breast-feeding.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
nature does a lot of stuff, the human aspect of will would make it differant, I was just posing a question,
as a Catholic I believe that cpntroception is wrong, but I have no logical basis for my belief and it is just faith in the Church, since my basis is only in faith I can not fault others for not agreeing with me since I have no logic to back up my thinking, maybe this is a topic best saved for another thread, I am very happy with how this thread is going and how respectful everyone has been

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
well, LIFE itself begins with the ceation of an embryo -- goes for ameoba, eath worm, frog, chicken or human!

The question asked here is where HUMAN INTELIGENT LIFE starts!

And in my mind, it starts at birth!

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
well, LIFE itself begins with the ceation of an embryo -- goes for ameoba, eath worm, frog, chicken or human!

How do you reconcile that with very premature babies who survive, tho?
:scratch;

Upvote 0

JimfromOhio

Life of Trials :)
Feb 7, 2004
Central Ohio
✟60,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When the egg and sperm cleaves, join, merge (conception).

Isaiah 29:16 You turn things upside down, as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "He did not make me"? Can the pot say of the potter, "He knows nothing"?

Isaiah 45:9 Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker, to him who is but a potsherd among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?' Does your work say, 'He has no hands'?

Isaiah 64:8 Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.

Romans 9:21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?

John 9:3 but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

Ephesians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will.

Psalm 94:9 Does he who implanted the ear not hear? Does he who formed the eye not see?

Psalm 119:73 Your hands made me and formed me; give me understanding to learn your commands.

Isaiah 44:2 This is what the LORD says— he who made you, who formed you in the womb, and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen.

Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.

Colossians 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟36,890.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I dunno. I've had newborn babies. They don't realize that they control their own hands. ;)

(This is to say I don't think intelligence is actually the criteria that we need to establish)

Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
its NOT answerable...hence why there is always so much debate about it!

therefore..id rather err on the side that promotes life regardless..
For that reason, though I cannot say I'm a firm "pro-lifer", I have a "pro-life" bias.

Upvote 0

Site Supporter
May 26, 2004
Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

No, the question in the OP was simply when does life begin. Glad to see you agree it begins at conception. :)

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums