Visit site
✟89,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are two kinds of matter particles in the universe. Some scientists think that ordinary matter comprises baryons, while dark matter is non-baryonic. Ordinary matter is visible to our eyes and mechanical sensors, while dark matter is invisible.

CERN:

Unlike normal matter, dark matter does not interact with the electromagnetic force. This means it does not absorb, reflect or emit light. Researchers have been able to infer the existence of dark matter only from the gravitational effect it seems to have on visible matter.
While dark matter explains the hidden gravitational force that pulls a galaxy in place, a seemingly opposite anti-gravitational force pushes galaxies away from one another: dark energy.

NASA:

One explanation for dark energy is that it is a property of space. ... As more space comes into existence, more of this energy-of-space would appear. As a result, this form of energy would cause the universe to expand faster and faster.
NASA:

It turns out that roughly 68% of the universe is dark energy. Dark matter makes up about 27%. The rest - everything on Earth, everything ever observed with all of our instruments, all normal matter - adds up to less than 5% of the universe.
Over the course of a human lifetime, the total amount of dark matter to pass through your body doesn't even add up to one gram.

Does the Bible mention dark matter?

I think so. Genesis 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and void,
Was this the invisible dark earth existing in the spiritual realm?

and darkness was over the surface of the deep.
Watch the parallelism: darkness parallels Spirit of God.

And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.
Was the spiritual realm composed of dark matter and energy?

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
Then came ordinary matter and energy. The physical, visible universe began.

4 God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness
as if darkness was material like light.

Isaiah 45:

7a I form light and create darkness.
The invisible became visible, Hebrews 11:

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.
From the invisible (non-baryonic) matter came the visible (baryonic) matter.

Colossians 1:

15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in Him all things were created, things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities. All things were created through Him and for Him. 17 He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
All things visible, ordinary matter, and invisible dark matter hold together.

Berean Study Bible Job 10:

22 to a land of utter darkness, of deep shadow and disorder, where even the light is like darkness.”
Why can't humans see angels?

Angels are made of non-baryonic matter.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are two kinds of matter particles in the universe. Some scientists think that ordinary matter comprises baryons, while dark matter is non-baryonic. Ordinary matter is visible to our eyes and mechanical sensors, while dark matter is invisible.

CERN:

While dark matter explains the hidden gravitational force that pulls a galaxy in place, a seemingly opposite anti-gravitational force pushes galaxies away from one another: dark energy.

NASA:

NASA:

Over the course of a human lifetime, the total amount of dark matter to pass through your body doesn't even add up to one gram.

I think so. Genesis 1:

Isaiah 45:

Colossians 1:

Bro, I am all for science, but we can not explain angels with science.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟71,630.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bro, I am all for science, but we can not explain angels with science.
I believe that angels and demons are spiritual beings whom can occasionally be granted the ability to take corporeal form.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@tonychanyt , look at this another way. God can not be put in a box, and is not confined to science, just because our physical world is confined to science. Why does everything have to be an algorithm to you, my friend?

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

CERN:

NASA:

NASA:

I think so. Genesis 1:

Isaiah 45:

Colossians 1:

Speculative Theology… that is filtered through a highly analytical mind!

That was a wonderful, refreshing, unique perspective of a read! This feels like I’m sitting around a campfire with friends that are on fire for Jesus… and you just fired off this amazing concept! It is reminiscent of how David constantly discusses pondering the ways of God!

Thank you for sharing this!

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟89,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right.

Not quite.

No, not everything has to be an algorithm.
Yeah, so may I ask why you want us to bet or place weights on the meanings of scripture, or take a scholarly/university approach to scripture? I do not want to gamble on the Bible.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟89,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, so may I ask why you want us to bet or place weights on the meanings of scripture,
That's my last resort to stop the arguing on any particular issue.

or take a scholarly/university approach to scripture?
That's how my brain works. I do not insist on that approach to anyone.

I do not want to gamble on the Bible.
It is a formal wager of belief probability, not an impersonal lottery gamble.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's my last resort to stop the arguing on any particular issue.

That's how my brain works. I do not insist on that approach to anyone.

It is a formal wager of belief probability, not an impersonal lottery gamble.
Well, betting is not how the Bible works. I can be analytical myself, but some things require nuance. Finally, a wager on belief does not sit right with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟89,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Haha
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right.

Right.

That's how Actuarial Science works. It plays a role in how much you pay for your car insurance.
Yeah, but the Bible is not an insurance plan. Jesus is our assurance, and it is free, bought by His blood.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

So when they do show, is it by gathering baryonic matter around themselves?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Right.

Right :)
Yes, so if we both agree on that, let us not bet on the Bible anymore or treat Bible analysis as car or home insurance. This is why I have not been replying to your Bible studies as much, cos betting goes against my ethics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟89,559.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, so if we both agree on that, let us not bet on the Bible anymore or treat Bible analysis as car or home insurance.
I do not treat the Biblical analysis as car insurance but I do bet on my beliefs to demonstrate how strong or weak a particular belief of mine is.

This is why I have not been replying to your Bible studies as much, cos betting goes against my ethics.
You don't have to agree to bet. It is up to you. I use the belief wagering as a last resort to stop an argument when nothing else works.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not treat the Biblical analysis as car insurance but I do bet on my beliefs to demonstrate how strong or weak a particular belief of mine is.

You don't have to agree to bet. It is up to you. I use the belief wagering as a last resort to stop an argument when nothing else works.
Well, not everything has to be quantified. It feels very robotic. If nothing else works, end the conversation. That is what I do. Hence, that is why I am not part of the flat-earth forums or on politics threads that often, cos nothing, no photos of our spheroid of a planet, or videos of the US Capitol three years ago, or scientific statistics about climate change and global warming can get through to some folks.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟424,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In other words it was created out of nothing. Dark matter and dark energy are only a theory to supply for a lack of understanding. Imagine that, no evidence of something invisible that can’t be tested. To explain something God did but in belief in God. Angels are spirit like God. God is holding it up. God carved the earth with his finger. But would I bet on it? I’d bet on the scriptures. But I’m not arguing the point. Just saying what I believe and pointing to God. There are so many voices in the world and all have signification, but only one is true and that is God.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,077.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dark matter and dark energy are only a theory to supply for a lack of understanding. Imagine that, no evidence of something invisible that can’t be tested.
Dark matter is matter in the universe that does not emit light. Astronomers know of its existence because its gravity curves the paths of visible stars and galaxies flying through space. What makes up dark matter is a mystery, but its effect is visible and measurable.

Upvote 0