✟90,060.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ESV, Genesis 1:

1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void,
The dark earth was formless and empty. It was not made of baryonic molecules at this point.

and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
God created dark heavens and dark earth in the form of dark waters/matters. Photons have yet to exist:

3 And God said, “Let there be light [photons],” and there was light.
Visible photons were created. Physical space-time began. God could speak outside of time. God is not bounded by space-time.

4 And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.
This was not a 24-hour day as we know it today. The first day began with dark matter.

9 And God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry land Earth, and the waters that were gathered together he called Seas. And God saw that it was good.
God turned the dark waters/matter earth into ordinary-matter earth.

See also Dark matter, dark energy, and spiritual realm.

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟15,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The dark earth was formless and empty. It was not made of baryonic molecules at this point.

It is refreshing to see an interpretation that does not assume that the Earth was already a globe with oceans at this point.

My interpretation is that the universe itself did not exist in Genesis 1:1. That comes later.

Genesis 1:1 is describing the creation of the Spirit Realm only. In other words, God is creating the First Heaven or 'Heaven of Heavens'...

Nehemiah 9:6
"Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee."

The reason Earth was 'without form and void' is because it was just an idea being planned out. It was a 'circle on paper', like a napkin sketch...

Proverbs 8:27
"When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth"

God is the architect.

The 'circle on the paper' theme is what Science calls 'Strings'...

"In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings."

mhp-0695.png

The 'paper' is called a Worldsheet...

Worldsheet.png

The Worldsheet is the 'Waters' and the 'Face of the Deep' that existed before the universe, i.e., the World Volume existed. The Waters is also called the 'Abyss'...

M-Theory is the closest I have seen to describing the Creation in a Scientific manner...

"M-theory is a theory in physics that unifies all consistent versions of superstring theory."

Visible photons were created.

You may want to consider that these Photons were not yet visible. In other words, their Wave Function had not collapsed into Particles yet. Hence the Photons existed the Spirit Realm of the Wave Function.

Note that 'Light' can also refer to 'order out of chaos' and 'logic rising from non-logic'. In other words, "Let there be Light" is like saying, "Let there be the Word of God"...

John 12:46
"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness."

God is not bounded by space-time.

Yes. Since God created the Three Heavens, God exists outside of it in a special place...

1 Timothy 6:16
"Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen."

It is the Logos. It is a place of Consuming Fire and Information. It is the 'Power Everlasting' of the Unified Field. It is that which manifests reality...

Hebrews 11:3
"Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

mhp-0663.gif

The Bible teaches we are in a type of Simulation.

This was not a 24-hour day as we know it today.

I disagree. I believe in literal twenty-four-hour days in the Creation Account. There is no compelling reason not to.

God turned the dark waters/matter earth into ordinary-matter earth.

In my opinion, Particles as we know them did not appear until after the Fall. The Prelapsarian Universe was the Spirit Realm of Waves. The Forbidden Fruit caused the universe to be 'cursed'...

Genesis 3:17
"And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life"

The 'curse' is what Science calls the Big Bang. Again, it was more of a Wave Function collapse into Particles.

Billions of years may have passed while God re-created the universe with the curse.

Anyhow, the creation of the World Volume from the Worldsheet occurred here...

Genesis 1:7
"And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so."

God created three-dimensional 'space'. We call that the universe. It is the Second Heaven...

mhp-0831.png

The 'Waters Above' is the 'Glass Dome' of Hebrew Cosmology. It represents the furthest edges of the universe. It is what separates our world from the Spirit Realm (3D from 4D). The 'Waters Below' is the Underworld, Abyss, etc. It separates 3D from 2D.

The 'Glass Dome' is also the Sea of Glass that the Angels stand on...

Revelation 15:2
"And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God."

I made a presentation on this topic for those interested...

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟924,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
ESV, Genesis 1:

God created dark heavens and dark earth in the form of dark waters/matters. Photons have yet to exist:
Your statement is not very scientific.

Water is baryonic matter.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.” And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

So Genesis one has baryonic matter already existing at the start of day 1.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟924,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.

DAY 1
3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.” And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

Can you quote my words where I have asserted the opposite?

ESV, Genesis 1:

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟924,010.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 And the earth was a formless and desolate emptiness, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. 3 Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.” And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

So Genesis one has baryonic matter already existing at the start of day 1.

Are you familiar with First-Order Logic?
are you familiar with inference engines?

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟798,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
The Bible teaches we are in a type of Simulation.
Not to disagree with this statement, but, Bible references, please?

There is, however, whether simulation or not, reality in this temporal frame. Jesus Christ absolutely did die and rose again. Temporal facts have eternal consequences, though it is (I think) backwards to say it like that. It is not that the temporal is not real, but that it is "swallowed up in" the solid reality of the eternal.

Upvote 0