• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

DAE have frequent deja vu due to anxiety

Harley.

Jul 5, 2022
Us
✟44,980.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last may (Exactly one year ago) I started to experience frequent deja vu. First it was once every few weeks, then once a week and now its several times a day. I can't shake it and im terrified that its seizures. I have seen two neuros and both have said im most likely in the clear but im still scared as hell. Has anyone else had this?

• Prayers
Reactions: AlexB23

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last may (Exactly one year ago) I started to experience frequent deja vu. First it was once every few weeks, then once a week and now its several times a day. I can't shake it and im terrified that its seizures. I have seen two neuros and both have said im most likely in the clear but im still scared as hell. Has anyone else had this?
I have never had this, but you might want to take anti-anxiety medication at this point.

The Bible even states that doctors are there to help: Catholic Bible Analysis - Sirach 38:1-15 & Matthew 9:12

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
but im still scared as hell. Has anyone else had this?
I have had dreams about the future. My theory is that your future self is talking to your past self to prepare you for the trauma. The fact that you have so much trauma associated with your Deja vu just confirms my theory. We know that past and future particles can be entangled but there is always a caution not to make to much out of entanglement theory. Still we know at least that much of a connection exists.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have never had this, but you might want to take anti-anxiety medication at this point.
Do you have some research or evidence that anti anxiety medicine can treat Deja Vu? Anxiety like a common cold usually works itself out so that it comes and goes in two or three weeks. IF you take the medicine that can prevent it from resolving itself.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have some research or evidence that anti anxiety medicine can treat Deja Vu? Anxiety like a common cold usually works itself out so that it comes and goes in two or three weeks. IF you take the medicine that can prevent it from resolving itself.
I do not know much about Deja Vu, and many scientists do not know much about it either. Remember, I am not a doctor, so no one can take my advice.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I am not a doctor, so no one can take my advice.
I tend to be careful because the Greek word for witchcraft and sorcery is the same word as for pharmacy.
The Greek word for both “witchcraft” and “sorcery” is “pharmakeia” (φαρμακεία).

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I tend to be careful because the Greek word for witchcraft and sorcery is the same word as for pharmacy.
The Greek word for both “witchcraft” and “sorcery” is “pharmakeia” (φαρμακεία).
Ok. I'm not Greek man. God bless though.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Ok. I'm not Greek man. God bless though.
Most people use Strongs that can be found on Biblehub. There are also many translations and that helps us to understand the meaning of a word also.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most people use Strongs that can be found on Biblehub. There are also many translations and that helps us to understand the meaning of a word also.
Let's get back to the topic though, which is what OP is going through.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Let's get back to the topic though, which is what OP is going through.
The topic was stress and we are told: Philippians 4 " 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Also Peter quotes Isaiah 53 when we are told "by His stripes we are healed". My pastor teaches the power in the blood, but not everyone believes there is wonder working healing power in the Precious Blood of the Lamb of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The topic was stress and we are told: Philippians 4 " 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Also Peter quotes Isaiah 53 when we are told "by His stripes we are healed". My pastor teaches the power in the blood, but not everyone believes there is wonder working healing power in the Precious Blood of the Lamb of God.
Yes. Also, Isaiah 41:10.

ateMay 1, 2024
VerseMatthew 6:25-34 (ESV): "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Isaiah 41:10 (ESV): "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Psalm 46:1-2 (ESV): "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea."
ExplanationThese three passages from the Bible offer comfort and reassurance to those who are anxious or fearful. Let's examine each passage in turn:

1. Matthew 6:25-34: In this passage, Jesus is teaching his disciples not to be anxious about their basic needs, such as food, clothing, and safety. He reminds them that God takes care of even the smallest creatures, and that they are of greater value than these creatures. Jesus urges them to seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and promises that all their needs will be met. This passage is relevant to our modern anxiety in several ways. We live in a world where there is an abundance of news about conflicts, natural disasters, and other sources of fear and uncertainty. We may also face everyday stressors related to work, relationships, and finances. Jesus' message is that we should trust in God's provision and focus on seeking His kingdom and righteousness, rather than being consumed by our anxieties about the future.

2. Isaiah 41:10: In this passage, God speaks to His people through the prophet Isaiah, reassuring them that He is with them and will strengthen, help, and uphold them. This passage is especially relevant for those who are facing significant challenges or fears, whether related to personal struggles or larger global events. God's promise to be a present help in trouble is a source of comfort and encouragement, reminding us that we are never alone in our struggles.

3. Psalm 46:1-2: This passage from the book of Psalms is a powerful reminder that God is our refuge and strength, and that we can find peace and security in Him, even in the midst of chaos and uncertainty. The image of God as a refuge and strength is a powerful one, and it is a reminder that we can find comfort and security in Him, no matter what is happening in the world around us.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Yes this is what I have done from the beginning is seeking God. He has the answer for every question and the solution for every problem.
3. Psalm 46:1-2: This passage from the book of Psalms is a powerful reminder that God is our refuge and strength,
Yes, I have learned a lot from David and even Paul shares with us what He learned from David.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes this is what I have done from the beginning is seeking God. He has the answer for every question and the solution for every problem.

Yes, I have learned a lot from David and even Paul shares with us what He learned from David.
Yeah, anyways, I hope you have a wonderful night. God bless.

Upvote 0