• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Complaint Anxiety

Progressing Pilgrim

Jan 1, 2014
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Hi all,

I haven't been this anxious for a while. I'm a PhD student and a teaching assistant. I got a message today from my boss/department chair wanting to meet with me, in person, because there had been a complaint. I don't have any other information than that. I don't know what I might have done. I have been pretty disorganized and absent-minded this semester, and just yesterday started talking with my doctor about possibly having ADHD, so it might be related to something I forgot, or a grading mistake, or something. But what if it's some terrible accusation?

I have an anxiety disorder, and I'm somewhat terrified about what might have happened and about the meeting. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you certainly are accomplished. A grading mistake doesn’t sound that bad, students complain a lot about grades. So if you have to see your mistake and correct it…. Anything correctable doesn’t seem that bad. Life does have its surprises though. But right now it’s all imagination. So calm down take a few deep breaths and trust God through it all. Trusting Him should hold anxiety to a tolerable level.

Are you a teaching assistant? If your nose is clean that should eliminate terrible accusation. Sorry I don’t know you well. But don’t think the worst think the best. Be kind to yourself. It will all stop after you see your professor. Take confidence in prayer and your reputation. Take comfort from the Lord. Read your Bible. Fear not! And don’t worry. Go out and smell the roses.

Upvote 0

Progressing Pilgrim

Jan 1, 2014
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks. I have both OCD and social anxiety. My level of anxiety probably isn't justified, but I have felt crushed by it this afternoon and evening. I've been on the couch for a while, and hardly feel like moving. I have to meet with the department chair tomorrow morning, and it looks as though it will be a long and painful night. It just helps to talk to someone.

Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟120,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all,

I haven't been this anxious for a while. I'm a PhD student and a teaching assistant. I got a message today from my boss/department chair wanting to meet with me, in person, because there had been a complaint. I don't have any other information than that. I don't know what I might have done. I have been pretty disorganized and absent-minded this semester, and just yesterday started talking with my doctor about possibly having ADHD, so it might be related to something I forgot, or a grading mistake, or something. But what if it's some terrible accusation?

I have an anxiety disorder, and I'm somewhat terrified about what might have happened and about the meeting. Any words of encouragement would be appreciated.
Listen my dear friend,fret not.Remember to trust in the Lord.If it be in his will that you receive a disciplinary warning or punishment then trust him for it,if it’s a complaint from someone who simply isn’t aware of what they’re doing,trust in him.Regardless of what happens trust in him,whatever the lord does,he does ALWAYS for good.

my advice to you my friend is this.Don’t worry about earthly things,Remember a job(hard work) is promoted strongly by the Lord in proverbs,I wouldn’t fret about it like it’s life threatening,but I encourage you to have confidence in the Lord and trust him.I say trust in him!

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. I have both OCD and social anxiety. My level of anxiety probably isn't justified, but I have felt crushed by it this afternoon and evening. I've been on the couch for a while, and hardly feel like moving. I have to meet with the department chair tomorrow morning, and it looks as though it will be a long and painful night. It just helps to talk to someone.

How have you gone so far, maybe just beginning, and have so many people around and get a PhD?

Upvote 0

Progressing Pilgrim

Jan 1, 2014
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
How have you gone so far, maybe just beginning, and have so many people around and get a PhD?

My anxiety hasn't been this bad for a while. I'm on medication, but actually I was running low and was cutting back earlier this week. Also, while I have conquered a lot of fears (public speaking, for example), there are others that are still big challenges. Talking to a classroom full of students doesn't bother me too much anymore, but having a one on one meeting with a supervisor about some unknown possible wrongdoing is terrifying.

Upvote 0

Progressing Pilgrim

Jan 1, 2014
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
lol...

I just got back from meeting with the department chair. Apparently, someone had complained that a Bible had been placed in their mailbox with my name on it. I didn’t know anything about that, but I pointed out that I had put flyers trying to raise interest in a Bible study in mailboxes – with the permission of the department chair himself. He decided it would probably be best not to do that in the future, although he didn’t care that much himself. He also said that he hoped he hadn’t caused me to worry too much.

Upvote 0