i in my day have known a few homeschoolers....... they are pretty cool people :) only one of them, mike... my little joke w/ him was that he never finished tenth grade.

hes a freshman in college now... and im not really sure he DID finish tenth grade... seriously... haha he was great

ahh the people ive met in my life

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not technically going to finish high school... no diploma. But I'm taking physics, trig, and analytic geometry this year in high school. :p

homeschoolers, seriously, I think... for the most part anyway .... have more knowledge than most kids in schools. At the very least, more than public schools. My Sunday school teacher got all the way through high school and couldn't read, and he actually pretty intelligent ;) (he learned English grammar/reading/algebra outside of school...)

Ah well. homeschooling is kinda fun :D

Hmmm. the college I'm going to now is actually really funny. The teacher gave a quiz a few weeks ago. Almost no one knew much of the vocab it was over. So he trashed the quiz.

:D

I think I might have mentioned that before ;)

And my music theory teacher said that his midterms and finals were carried out like this: he gives it to you, you do it and give it back, if you didn't get it he gives it back to you .... etc ....

For like the first month and a half I didn't have a single test or quiz in college, on the 2nd day of chemistry I had a quiz (last year), on the 4th day of physics this year I had a quiz..... it's pretty funny. (chemistry/phyiscs = homeschooled)

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2002
Alabama
✟30,950.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
i don't know about where everyone goes to school but i know where i go everyone has to be able to read and has to be able to write a paper. i had a friend who came from homeschooling into the public school she was like "wow, it's harder than i thought." i don't know anything about homeschooling so i don't know. ::shrug::

Upvote 0

paulewog

Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well he was put into a special ed thing. heh. He played baseball fine though ;)

I have to write a LOT of papers for my high school.... for the last 3 years I've had to do about, eh, 6 or 7 book reports per year.... hehe, and almost always at least one paper of some sort for English. And SCIENCE PROJECTS! EWWWW. I hated those :D

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
Originally posted by Jesaiah
I am a freshmen at Liberty University!

Woohoo!  LU!  Over half of my high school graduates and goes to Liberty!  Are you from VA?

I graduated from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA in Dec. 2001 with a BS in Computer Science.

Upvote 0
hmmmm... hahah..... anyone can learn anything they want if they put their mind to it. at public high schools, though, too often exceptions are made for the athletes..... they were never made for me and i played three jv/varsity sports...... but that was at my old hs... here if you play football then everything is good, even if you dont come to school.

i beat a football player's total SAT score in my verbal score alone.....

Upvote 0

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by JOYfulbeliever
Woohoo!  LU!  Over half of my high school graduates and goes to Liberty!  Are you from VA?

I graduated from James Madison University in Harrisonburg, VA in Dec. 2001 with a BS in Computer Science.

Actually I am from North Carolina.

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
Actually I am from North Carolina.

Where in NC?  Sorry - I'm so nosy!  I was born in NC - all of my family is from there - all over - Raleigh, Wilson, Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, New Bern, Wilminton, Boone, Statesville, Hendersonville, Asheville - and that's just off the top of my head!  Haha! 

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ioustinos

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
✟56,948.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by JOYfulbeliever
Where in NC?  Sorry - I'm so nosy!  I was born in NC - all of my family is from there - all over - Raleigh, Wilson, Rocky Mount, Goldsboro, New Bern, Wilminton, Boone, Statesville, Hendersonville, Asheville - and that's just off the top of my head!  Haha! 

I am from Burlington, NC. It is in Alamance county. I am thirty minutes east of Greensboro and thirty minutes west of Chapel Hill/Durham. I too have family in West Jefferson which is about thirty minutes from Boone.

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2002
Alabama
✟30,950.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by charbar
hmmmm... hahah..... anyone can learn anything they want if they put their mind to it. at public high schools, though, too often exceptions are made for the athletes..... they were never made for me and i played three jv/varsity sports...... but that was at my old hs... here if you play football then everything is good, even if you dont come to school.

i beat a football player's total SAT score in my verbal score alone.....

lol! sounds like my school. we do have smart football players though :D

Upvote 0

paulewog

Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
/me thinks that part of the reason sport peoples are so, er, unknowledgeable, is 'cause they spend most of their time in the gym....

/me knows that not all football players are dumb though - Steve Young was a lawyer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
I am from Burlington, NC. It is in Alamance county. I am thirty minutes east of Greensboro and thirty minutes west of Chapel Hill/Durham. I too have family in West Jefferson which is about thirty minutes from Boone.

:D  I know exactly where Burlington is!!!  Cool!!!

What are you studying at LU?

Upvote 0

JOYfulbeliever

Oct 10, 2002
✟3,922.00
Faith
Baptist
Hi Jesaiah!

Are you planning to become a pastor?

I have a full time job designing web pages for the government. I LOVE it! It wasn't what I started out studying in school, but when I finally began listening to God (to be honest, He closed every door that I had open and I didn't have a choice - I HAD to listen to Him), He showed me that he had a much bigger and better plan for me than I had for myself. I went from a nursing major to a CS major and have never been happier! I also do a little free-lance web/graphic design work. It's awesome! God is soo good!

Upvote 0