Save a cow - eat a vegetarian!
Aug 22, 2004
Sydney
✟19,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm thinking of getting the guys together for paintball in the morning, but what we do in the afternoon is anyones guess. I hope the non-Christians don't decide to go to a strip club or something because me and a few others certainly won't be joining them...

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
15 couples I know got married this year - here's some of the things the boys did...

* Rockclimbing
* Paintball
* Skirmish
* Laser Tag
* Netgaming
* Kayaking trip
* Kart racing
* Speed Track racing
* Dirt bikes
* 4wd trip up north
* BBQ with soccer/cricket game, followed by a night on the playstation, and a RISK game
* Camping trip

Upvote 0

TheListener

Save a cow - eat a vegetarian!
Aug 22, 2004
Sydney
✟19,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
BBQ with soccer/cricket game, followed by a night on the playstation, and a RISK game

Sounds good to me but as I said I have non-Christians in the group which are family and I can't not have them there. A couple are especially big on drinking and other inapropriate stuff. They will want to go drinking and I dont drink at all. What do I do with these guys without making them feel uncomfortable?

Upvote 0

Maeyken

Senior Veteran
Jul 28, 2004
Hamilton
✟20,300.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I guess it depends on how you feel about other people drinking etc. If you don't mind them drinking a bit, you could say that while you won't be going bar-hopping, you don't mind if they bring a few drinks along with them. If you're really uncomfortable with that idea, you could mention to them that you'd prefer they leave the alcohol at home for this event. Hopefully they'll respect you enough to cooperate. After all, YOU are the one getting married!

Upvote 0

Cright

Veteran
Apr 18, 2004
SE Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟17,849.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dinner out and then head to the local comdey club

My sis and bro-in-law had a back yard bon-fire and invited both of their friends for a pre-wedding party!

John would most likely like a volleyball party! haha It's his passion! Maybe a day on horseback.

I personally like the idea of kayaking for my bachlorette party! The week before so we all have a nice tan for the big day! haha :)

Upvote 0

nicodemus

Orthodox Christian
Nov 21, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟16,914.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pope Gonzo said:
Before I got married, my friends and I just sat around, ate some pizzas, playes some music, kicked the soccer ball around and had a beer or two. Nothing crazy, no drunkeness, no nudity, nothing controversial. Just good friends having a good time.

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about karaoke? I had the BEST time at that - and I didn't need one drink to make it silly and over the top...

There is a great bunch of de-alcoholised wines you could invest in too - lots cheaper than wine, and generally tastes identical to the real stuff, without having the 'tipsy' effect.

Mocktails are also divine! (if you like that kinda stuff)...

Sasch

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums