United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi everyone,

We now have a new section of our site that will display The Bible for you to browse and quote.

You can check it out here: http://www.christianforums.com/bible/genesis/1/

We also have a new BBCode, [ verse ], which will allow you to easily quote a verse or a range of verses and format them within the post.

Example:

[VERSE=John 3:16,ASV]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.[/VERSE]

[VERSE=Genesis 1:1-10,ASV][VERSENUM]1[/VERSENUM] In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

[VERSENUM]2[/VERSENUM] And the earth was waste and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep: and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters [VERSENUM]3[/VERSENUM] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

[VERSENUM]4[/VERSENUM] And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

[VERSENUM]5[/VERSENUM] And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day.

[VERSENUM]6[/VERSENUM] And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

[VERSENUM]7[/VERSENUM] And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

[VERSENUM]8[/VERSENUM] And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day.

[VERSENUM]9[/VERSENUM] And God said, Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

[VERSENUM]10[/VERSENUM] And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.[/VERSE]

We will continue to expand this and add more features. Please let us know what you think![/verse]

Example usage:

Code:
[VERSE=Genesis 1:1,WEB]In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.[/VERSE]
[VERSE]Mark 15:37-39[/VERSE]

Where in the first example, WEB is the translation you wish to use. Currently we have the following available:

asv - American Standard Version
basic_english - Basic English Bible
darby - Darby Version
kjv_apocrypha - King James Version
web - World English Bible

arensb

Jun 17, 2006
Visit site
✟22,175.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Glad to see this! I was wondering whether this had disappeared with the redesign, or whether I was simply unable to find it.
Are there any plans for future improvement? If so, I'd like to see something like [ verse=John 3:18 /] that just inserts a link to a verse, without quoting it.
Again, thanks!

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Glad to see this! I was wondering whether this had disappeared with the redesign, or whether I was simply unable to find it.
Are there any plans for future improvement? If so, I'd like to see something like [ verse=John 3:18 /] that just inserts a link to a verse, without quoting it.
Again, thanks!

We will consider that feature.

Reactions: engine777
Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I've been tinkering with this and don't find a way to just do something like this:
choose a verse number like John 3:16 and a translation OTHER than ASV and have it show it.
[VERSE=John 3:16,ASV]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life.[/VERSE]
[verse]John 3:16,WEB[/verse]

If you enter no bible version it works but defaults to ASV, add on a version and nothing shows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Useage is a bit buggy
Code:
[Verse=John 3:16,web]John 3:16[/verse]
Renders as

But
Code:
[Verse=John 3:16,web][/verse]
Renders as

Why the need to enter the text "John 3:16" Twice?

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
The Useage is a bit buggy
Code:
Renders as

But
Code:
Renders as

Why the need to enter the text "John 3:16" Twice?
If you noticed the second iteration of John 3:16 gives you the default ASV version and not the WEB version.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Code:
[Verse=John 3:16,asv]John 3:16[/verse]
[Verse=John 3:16,basic_english]John 3:16[/verse]
[Verse=John 3:16,darby]John 3:16[/verse]
[Verse=John 3:16,kjv_apocrypha]John 3:16[/verse]
Renders as

So the Version selection isn't working

Also the links don't include the version tag "?bible_id=basic_english"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,239,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
[Verse=[URL='http://biblia.com/bible/kjv1900/John%203.16']John 3:16[/URL],kjv_apocrypha]John 3:16[/verse]

It's still buggy. I am not getting a verse out of it. I'll stick with Bible Gateway for the time being.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟405,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Code:
[Verse=John 3:16,asv]John 3:16[/verse]
[Verse=John 3:16,basic_english]John 3:16[/verse]
[Verse=John 3:16,darby]John 3:16[/verse]
[Verse=John 3:16,kjv_apocrypha]John 3:16[/verse]
Test
[VERSE=John 3:16,BASIC_ENGLISH]For God had such love for the world that he gave his only Son, so that whoever has faith in him may not come to destruction but have eternal life.[/VERSE]
[VERSE=John 3:16,DARBY]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.[/VERSE]
[VERSE=John 3:16,KJV_APOCRYPHA]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.[/VERSE]
[VERSE=John 3:16,WEB]For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.[/VERSE]

Note:
If I try this
Code:
[Verse=John 3:16,asv][/verse]

Without the code tags, I get a popup
"
The following error occurred:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.
"

Reactions: Brent W
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nice idea! But since I usually use NRSV, NIV, or something more modern, I'll probably not use the feature much.

We are working on getting those as well, but those will cost money to license.

Upvote 0