Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
The Official XBOX Magazine is officially the most read videogame magazine of any kind. Even though there are more than 30 million more, i think that is, PS2 sold. This only means that XBOX gamers are in it for serious gaming. PS2 gamers are not nearly as devoted gamers.

As someone who probably qualifies as being in the "hardcore gamer" market niche, I never ever read any of those mags. There's rarely anything I haven't heard about already online in any of them, and OXM in particular is known for total hype overload.

Claiming that PS2 gamers are not as "devoted" as XBox gamers (as though there's that clear a distinction, anyway) based on the sale of a magazine is a bit silly.

Upvote 0

Extirpated Wildlife

Wanted: Room to Roam
Oct 3, 2002
Fort Worth
Visit site
✟17,091.00
Faith
Protestant
It doesn't have to do with how many games are sold. It has more to do with how many people are serious about their games they want to buy. And now, they aren't as devoted. You also get a demo disc with upcoming games and recent games that have come out.

I like this because it gives me a sense of what is coming out and what really is fun. I've discovered many games that weren't fun at all because of this disc, and other games that were such a blast that They were must buys. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon is one of those games that is completely awesome that i realized from the disc.

Besides, i now have a collection of demo games that i wouldn't buy but are fun enough to play off the demo disc. And i get all the content that is downloadable stuff from the XBOX LIVE on these demo discs. And since i don't get Live this is a huge plus.

Upvote 0
Extirpated Wildlife said:
I sense a PS2er here who frustrated that his machine is not as up to par on abilities.

And I sense an amateur psychologist who hasn't the faintest what he's talking about.

I own a PS2, a GameCube, an XBox, and a more-than-adequate gaming computer. I am not a "PS2er."

Upvote 0