• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

LavendarVanilla

Nov 8, 2004
✟15,637.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Here's a lil' of my background.................

I lost weight about 4 years ago by going on the Atkins Diet. I lost 60 lbs in 8 months which is good. I did well on the diet, but once I hit goal weight it wasn't enough. I continued to loose 15 more pounds and ended up very thin. I had always wanted to be "skinny." I was of the right mind and thought until I reached goal. Then, once everyone complimented me and such I thought "if this is good, than loosing more weight is better!"

Thank the Lord that I have friends and family that immediately caught on to what I was doing. The dr. said that I was Anorexic and that it was very important that I start eating right or my body was going to shut down. I started to try to eat right.

I've remained at the same weight give or take 5 lbs now for over a year which is wonderful for me! ;)

I still struggle daily with the thoughts of my stomach being too big, being bigger than the girl I'm standing in line next to and being paranoid that my clothes are getting too tight. :sigh:

For the most part, I've been doing MUCH better. I've told myself that this year I want to be good to my body and to eat healthy.

I'm not sure really why I've shared all of this about me. :doh: It's not really like me to do that............ I'm just asking for acceptance and lots of prayers :crossrc: from each and everyone of you! Thanks so much!

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know this was a scary thing for you to write. I feel for you. Because you wrote it you must have some concerns for yourself. Share these concerns with your friends and family and ask for their additional support. I'm sure they will be there for you. Don't hesitate or belittle your concerns. And remember God loves you and doesn't judge how you look on the outside.

Upvote 0

milasmom

Jan 11, 2005
✟113.00
Faith
Non-Denom
God bless you for your bravery!!!!! I know that I am only as sick as my secrets. I get sooo much out of sharing with others about my eating disorder...especially those who have gone before me and recovered, as well as those still suffering.

I have found it so essential for my walk and growth to have a fellowship of other EDs, esp. other Christian EDs.

Thank you for sharing!

Upvote 0

squeak

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2004
✟33,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I just congratulate you on telling us all about it!!! My best friend was anorexic for a while, she found it really hard and she often got teased at school for various reasons. She didn't need to losethe weight in the first place. There was a time when she became quite ill. Unfortunately the family felt the church was not giving them enough support, so they left, and are in the process of moving churches. I can understand what you are going through in a way. I pray that you will continue in good health!!

Upvote 0

MissAmy

Jan 20, 2005
✟7,723.00
Faith
Baptist
Hey.
It's weird because I actually went through something VERY similar. I started out on something a little stricter then atkins and once I got started I couldn't stop.
I know what it's like to battle with this day in and out, and while it's been almost a year and a half since my episode my weight is still something that haunts me.
I'll keep you in my prayers for sure, and know that you're not alone. I know that's a strong feeling for me. But as odd as it sounds we have to stick together. God loves you, and I think yer pretty spiffy too ;)

Upvote 0

Endearing lil Influenza

Everything begins with "E"
Oct 26, 2003
Australia
Visit site
✟10,887.00
Faith
Christian
childhood up bringing and at times abuse... can effect our body image... and with chemical imbalances... we cannot blame one for being anorexic...

but for an anorexic to eat their way back to health that is a BIG accomplishment ... shows enormous strength and courage:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.