AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Please point out where it says "Separation," or "Church" or "State" in the Constitution.

From what I read, it says "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or preventing the free exercise thereof." The whole philosophy behind "separation of church and state" is contrary to what the Founders had intended, and contrary to the plain English text that they inserted into the Constitution.

A.) learn English
B.) buy a dictionary
C.) realize that the Constitution tells the Federal government to stay the heck out of religion. They have no authority to decide prayer in schools, ten commandments in a courthouse, a nativity scene on a library lawn, or ANYTHING religious. It's the states job to decide those things.
Please point out where it says "Freedom of religion."

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It says a lot that in all the time I've been debating this issue online, I have not yet found one person that has a substantial argument against the Separation of Church and State.

That's not because I'm a master of debate or because my opponents are necessarily incompetent, but because one can't argue against common sense. It's impossible. Especially when your arguments are as bad as some of the ones we've seen presently in this thread.
Ringo

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It says a lot that in all the time I've been debating this issue online, I have not yet found one person that has a substantial argument against the Separation of Church and State.

That's not because I'm a master of debate or because my opponents are necessarily incompetent, but because one can't argue against common sense. It's impossible. Especially when your arguments are as bad as some of the ones we've seen presently in this thread.
Ringo
Or it could be that there is no argument, no matter how valid, truthful or substantial that you would accept.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Or it could be that there is no argument, no matter how valid, truthful or substantial that you would accept.
I believe you are speaking about your belief regarding the FWOC.

The day that arguments such as "it's not in the Constitution", or empty assertions such as "not what the founders intended" become good, valid, substantial arguments is the day that Satan ice skates in hell.
Ringo

Upvote 0
T

truetrumpet

I wonder if the religion was islam, would you feel that strongly about state sponsered religion?
-TT

Please point out where it says "Separation," or "Church" or "State" in the Constitution.

From what I read, it says "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or preventing the free exercise thereof." The whole philosophy behind "separation of church and state" is contrary to what the Founders had intended, and contrary to the plain English text that they inserted into the Constitution.

A.) learn English
B.) buy a dictionary
C.) realize that the Constitution tells the Federal government to stay the heck out of religion. They have no authority to decide prayer in schools, ten commandments in a courthouse, a nativity scene on a library lawn, or ANYTHING religious. It's the states job to decide those things.

Upvote 0
T

truetrumpet

Some delicious quotes from MR Keyes:

"trend among gays is sex with infants"

and:

"incest is inevitable for children of gays"

and:

" called Dick Cheney’s lesbian daughter a selfish hedonist"

oh yeah did I mention is daughter is open lesbian?
give us some good quotes from larry craig next please LOL
-TT

Alan Keyes says it best. Liberal interpretation of the first amendment is what has gotten our country into so much trouble.

Upvote 0
T

truetrumpet

the taliban have no such wall. Perhaps we could emulate them. Taliban believe, like some (perhaps many) here do, that its perfectly fine to govern using medieval right wing fundamentalism. The death penalty for apostacy is in effect in many countries now-including our allies like Saudi Arabia and even in Karzai's newly "liberated" Afghanistan.
There was a time when there was no separation of church and state - it was called the dark ages. Im afraid many on this forum would refer to it as "the good old days"
-TT

Upvote 0