✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask the community a question that is biting me like a mosquito.And it hurts me to ask it.
My question is,

“when God created earth,and he knew Adam and Eve would sin and terror would befall the earth,why did he do that?”I know Gods ways are higher than ours,and some knowledge is only reserved for him,but that is my question.

I doubt anyone can answer that but Him. Sometimes the best answer is “I don’t know”.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
One would hope both.
Possibly but theology is religious philosophy. Is there anything to philosophize about Jesus saying the Father was coming back to wrest governance away from man and take over, or is it straight forward? People seem to have built a religion out of it so it must be their own doctrines at play..

Upvote 0

fixn_junk

Jan 24, 2022
Somewhere
✟903.00
Country
Tajikistan
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are doctrines scriptural or theological?
Doctrine and theology are two different types of study within the scriptures. Theology is the foremost as it is not possible to have a proper understanding of doctrine if your theology is skewed.

Upvote 0

fixn_junk

Jan 24, 2022
Somewhere
✟903.00
Country
Tajikistan
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
A simple word study on the word theology will show you the definition is the study of God. There is no room for opinion or philosophy. Scripture is absolutely enough. What you are describing is the methods of sinful man. When sinful man takes something from Scripture and perverts it, we don't change the definition to accommodate sin. What did Jesus say when he walked the earth? He said, "I am about my Father's work." Not only was that His work, but it is our work as well. How can we be about our Father God's work if we don't know the father? How can we know the Father if we don't study the scriptures God gave us to form a correct theology? If we don't believe Scripture is enough then we are in a very scary place because we then serve a God who needs the help of sinful man. That is absolutely unbiblical.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,908.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What did Jesus say when he walked the earth? He said, "I am about my Father's work." Not only was that His work, but it is our work as well.
Theology is religious philosophy and that philosophy in order to build their own religion, has neglected what Jesus said His Father's work was, to spread the Gospel of the Kingdom/governance of God over the governance of man. Yet man formed their own religious kingdom on the same foundation as the governments of man and even teaches a different gospel that is self oriented rather than focusing on the governance/Kingdom of God..

Upvote 0

fixn_junk

Jan 24, 2022
Somewhere
✟903.00
Country
Tajikistan
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You seem hung up on man centered theology, which isn't actually theology at all. What you continue to describe is a man centered theology based on some head knowledge of Scripture. I have defined what theology actually is. What man does with it does not redefine it. Man centered theology and doctrines are very abundant and are one of the biggest causes of the great chasms between believers. When someone from a man centered theology or doctrine tries to discuss these things with someone from a God centered theology or doctrine there will always be a wall at some point. The two have no middle ground in common.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Buzzard3

Jan 31, 2022
Forster
✟41,968.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hi everyone,

I’d like to ask the community a question that is biting me like a mosquito.And it hurts me to ask it.
My question is,

“when God created earth,and he knew Adam and Eve would sin and terror would befall the earth,why did he do that?”I know Gods ways are higher than ours,and some knowledge is only reserved for him,but that is my question.
God gave us free will ... to do good or to do evil. If God prevents us from using our free will, there is no point in having free will.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

My question is,

Think of it as a woman deciding to have a baby. She knows there will be a lot of pain and discomfort during the process but the end result is a bundle of joy that greatly outweighs the price of her suffering.

• Winner
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone,

My question is,

From the beginning in Genesis to the end and Revelation it's about obedience to God or obedience to Lucifer.
It's about judgment and and whether we are obedient to God, putting him first or obedient to Lucifer putting him first.
It's about the final punishment of the judgment upon us _ whether it's damnation with Lucifer or eternal life with God.

John 16:10-11 world is under judgment because the prince of this world has been judged what indicates that Satan is the only one of God's children that has been judged.
2nd Thessalonians 2:3 speaks of the man of sin being revealed the son of perdition - they taught the centuries Judas was the son of perdition but Judas was already revealed and that scripture is speaking of the end time events - Lucifer is the son of perdition, Lucifer is the only one that has been judged and Damned.

Questions that has plagued me:
Where are the 1/3 of the heavenly host of angels, who according to scripture in Hebrews are innumerable / that were "cast down to earth with Lucifer." we know the difference between them and those mentioned in the book of Jude.
How is it that some scriptures indicate God knew us before we were born? Makes one wonder did we exist, whether spiritually or physically, before we were born on earth?
How is it that our names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life and according to what we do on Earth will or will not be blotted out.
Why is it that these bodies are temporary?
Why in Genesis does God say replenish the Earth?

*Makes me wonder* if Earth became a prison for the fallen _ where living trials are held according to their choices - to determine their faith. (Something to think about)
Scripture says God created us for his glory / his pleasure _ could his pleasure be Mercy & redemption?

Regardless of why God put us here - it's one thing that is clear as an absolute truth _ every human that is born upon the Earth is under God's judgement and will be judge - some tip permanent death others to eternal life.

• Winner
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0