Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have to disagree, the reference from Hebrews, does not apply to Romans 8 : 28.
All scripture harmonizes! Our faith is strengthened by verses like Romans 8:28. The knowledge of God's sovereignty strengthens our faith. The more we nourish our spirit with the Word, the more our faith grows. Faith is a gift that you have to care for by reading the word, praying and hence trusting God to live through day to day trials and tribulations.
It's Ok for you to disagree, many people in this forum argue and disagree about simple basic doctrines. The non-essentials, I can understand the struggles. What scriptures confirm or strengthen your faith? Any? There are hundreds along with Rom. 8:28

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
All scripture harmonizes! Our faith is strengthened by verses like Romans 8:28. The knowledge of God's sovereignty strengthens our faith. The more we nourish our spirit with the Word, the more our faith grows. Faith is a gift that you have to care for by reading the word, praying and hence trusting God to live through day to day trials and tribulations.
It's Ok for you to disagree, many people in this forum argue and disagree about simple basic doctrines. The non-essentials, I can understand the struggles. What scriptures confirm or strengthen your faith? Any? There are hundreds along with Rom. 8:28

The quote from Hebrews, teaches us what faith is.
Romans 8 28 teaches us that ultimately God is in control of our circumstances.
You could say I have faith things will work for good, because I love God.
But the two verses are separate teaching, if we cross books and verses often time opinion is formed out of context, other words you cannot use harmony as a reason to quote out of context.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The quote from Hebrews, teaches us what faith is.
Correct. The OP requests how to apply faith. Move forward in it was my response. How do you do that? Grow in the word and "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" 2 Tim. 3:16
And hence all scripture is profitable in living out our faith.
You may also benefit in correction and training.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Correct. The OP requests how to apply faith. Move forward in it was my response. How do you do that? Grow in the word and "All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" 2 Tim. 3:16
And hence all scripture is profitable in living out our faith.
You may also benefit in correction and training.

I can always benefit ,from correction and training.
This is the great thing about these forums , they allow us to experience others imput. 2nd Tim. 3:16 Amen

Upvote 0