Manhattan, KS
✟193,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look in Hebrews chapter 11 for the answer. The great hall of faith chapter, or even all throughout the book of Acts.

Those men and women mentioned just believed God at His Word and so they lived according to what they believed. Paul even says that in 2 Corinthians 4:13, but really that whole chapter as well is a personal testimony of how Paul had the strength to minister.

So faith is just living according to the Word of God. When He says do not fear for I am with you, a person of faith will not fear because they believe God is with them. When God says lay hands on the sick and they will get well, a person of faith lays hands on the sick.

You can't really apply faith, you either have it or you don't (Hebrews 11:6) Sometimes a person can be full of faith, and others a person may very well lack faith (Peter is a great example)

Did I understand the question correctly?

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"The question was "How do we apply faith" .

We DON'T "Apply Faith" - in fact FAITH (if it's Biblical faith) "Applies us".

Like Peter and the cripple.

The cripple looks up and expects to see some Ca$h given to him.

But the Holy Spirit speaks to Pete, and tells him - I'm gonna heal this guy so go ahead and speak healing to him in my authority.

Faith is BASED on God's WORD to us, and WHEN GOd instructs, then it's up to us to be obedient to the "Word of Faith" from the Spirit.

SO in this case the Holy SPirit "Applied Peter" to the situation, and healed the cripple through his ministry.

"Faith" applies YOU by letting you know what you're supposed to do according to God's WORD to you.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
14ieyrq.gif

Upvote 0

Stevelee44

Mar 23, 2012
Stanton, California
✟15,455.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Speak to the situation. Your confession will decide what happens. Jesus said we can have what we say. Mark 11:22-24. Words are powerful and this is our faith speaking. Whatever is in our Heart in abundance will come out of our mouths.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"When you are in a situation where you have to /need to trust God for the answer how do you "trust" Him?"

The answer to that is in the PREPARATION. Christians have a directive - "Take my yoke upon you, and LEARN OF ME".

Generally we don't bother to do that, and wind up in the place of the "Foolish Virgins" who "Act naturally" in the hour of testing, and do the foolish thing.

THe WISE Virgins, on the other hand didn't just "Get wise" that morning, they'd been practicing "wisdom" for years, and also "Acted naturally" in the test, and did the RIGHT thing.

IF you Don't ALREADY trust Him in the hour of trial - there's NOTHING you can do, except "hope".

Faith KNOWS.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
You ask a question about faith, and it has been a subject that Jesus has been working with me quit a lot lately.

I would like to share some of my history of Jesus teaching me to have faith, and trust in him. This is to give one an idea of why I thought I had faith.

After living through all I have in my walk I assumed that I had faith. Then reading scripture where Jesus says if one has faith the size of a mustard seed they could ask a mountain to move into the ocean and it would move. I saw that I did not have that much faith, so along with praying for love, and wisdom I added faith to move a mountain. Wow! Did that ever bring on a lot of testing.

About ten years ago I was having all the symptoms of colon cancer. I was filling the toilet up with blood, and cramps so bad that I had trouble standing up straight. Because we have no insurance, or money I never let on to the family. After five months the pain got so bad, that I asked Jesus if I should go to the hospital. Jesus told me no. I did not go, but did expect the problem to go away. It did not go away for two weeks. Then everything cleared up, and I now have no problems with my colon.

The next physical problem was scarier then colon problem that was just I dying, but the next problem was losing my eyesight. For me this was much worse then dying. I was losing my eyesight and again asked Jesus if I should go to a doctor, and again he said no. My driver license was up for renewal and I was worried that I would not be able to get a new license. Jesus was not healing my eye, and time was getting short, so I ask him again about a doctor, and he gave in to my lack of faith, but I knew he was not happy with me. Well I was given the grace/faith to not go see a doctor. Went to take my drivers test, and my eyesight was great.

Another time I was doing what I am doing now, and had a heart attack. I knew what was happening, and again asked Jesus if I should call for help. Jesus again told me no. I was hurting, and all I could do was pray. This time every thing went back to normal within a half hour. I have had a heart test sense and my heart is great.

Jesus in all these incidences has given me more lessons to trust in his voice, that it is God talking to me, and he has used all of this to teach me to trust in him, that whatever condition I am in, physical or spiritual that it is his will, and it will be done as he wants.

After all the physical events in my life, and the forty some years of living in trust of Jesus taking care of my family and me, it just did not occur to me that there was more to having faith then what was already given to me.

But after praying for faith to move a mountain things started to really get tough.

Last few weeks I was having all sorts of physical problems, and asked Jesus if I needed to see a doctor. Jesus told me no it was just an attack from Satan, and he would take care of my physical problems. Yet the problems continued. Now this has happened to me a number of times, but I was the only one involved, and did not need to explain to others why I was not going to see a doctor.

This time the family knew and not all understood that I would only go to the doctor if Jesus said yes. I am telling you all this, because when I asked Jesus when he would heal me. Jesus told me he could not right then, and I asked him what to do, and he said pray. I prayed for hours, and most of the time was in tongues. Now over a week later all my physical problems are gone.

Let me share something with you. Jesus told me that if I go to the doctor, after he says I don’t need to, and then the symptom would become the problem that the doctor diagnosed.

Jesus let me know that Satan was giving me symptoms, but they were nothing but that. Now to me they were real problems, but they all went away without any help from a doctor.

Some members of my family have a hard time with my trusting the relationship I have with Jesus. They being concerned for my health get very upset when I will not see a doctor. My wife died because she did not trust doctors, because of a sexual abuse by a family doctor. My wife should have gone, and because she did not an infection killed her. What my children don’t understand is my wife never asked Jesus if she should go to the doctor or not. Also Jesus told my wife he was going to come and get her soon. Because my wife knew Jesus was coming for her soon she wrote good-bye notes to everyone in the family. Jesus told her in a tongue that I had, but I did not get an interpretation only she did. She got angry that I did not have an interpretation. Jesus must have told her not to tell me she was going to die soon, but she wanted me to know.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

But the Holy Spirit speaks to Pete, and tells him - I'm gonna heal this guy so go ahead and speak healing to him in my authority.

Faith is BASED on God's WORD to us, and WHEN GOd instructs, then it's up to us to be obedient to the "Word of Faith" from the Spirit.

SO in this case the Holy SPirit "Applied Peter" to the situation, and healed the cripple through his ministry.

"Faith" applies YOU by letting you know what you're supposed to do according to God's WORD to you.
. Did the Holy Spirit ,speak to peter and give him permission? Or did Peter speak by the authority the Holy Spirit had given him? Don't have Bible handy, in the verse did it say and the Spirit fell on peter and he said rise and walk? Or did he say what I give you.... we both should go over to Acts to the place called Beautiful and check.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

Ok found Bible,Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. (Acts 3:6 KJV). The only difference is Bob, you are saying the Holy Spirit fell or instructed Peter. I belive by how Peter spoke tells us that Peter spoke the healing by the power of faith ,in the name of Jesus. The Holy Spirt will never exult himself over Christ. Christ is the authority Peter used, the Holy Spirit did not heal the man, the name ,in the name of Jesus. The introduction of The Holy Spirit is not mentioned. Now the rubber meets the road we belive in Christian authority is no accident , that it comes up whenever the Holy Spirit decides to move. The Holy Spirit responds to us by his power in us through Christ. Big difference ,on we'll never know and be healed in Jesus name.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You ask a question about faith, and it has been a subject that Jesus has been working with me quit a lot lately.

I would like to share some of my history of Jesus teaching me to have faith, and trust in him. This is to give one an idea of why I thought I had faith.

After living through all I have in my walk I assumed that I had faith. Then reading scripture where Jesus says if one has faith the size of a mustard seed they could ask a mountain to move into the ocean and it would move. I saw that I did not have that much faith, so along with praying for love, and wisdom I added faith to move a mountain. Wow! Did that ever bring on a lot of testing.

About ten years ago I was having all the symptoms of colon cancer. I was filling the toilet up with blood, and cramps so bad that I had trouble standing up straight. Because we have no insurance, or money I never let on to the family. After five months the pain got so bad, that I asked Jesus if I should go to the hospital. Jesus told me no. I did not go, but did expect the problem to go away. It did not go away for two weeks. Then everything cleared up, and I now have no problems with my colon.

The next physical problem was scarier then colon problem that was just I dying, but the next problem was losing my eyesight. For me this was much worse then dying. I was losing my eyesight and again asked Jesus if I should go to a doctor, and again he said no. My driver license was up for renewal and I was worried that I would not be able to get a new license. Jesus was not healing my eye, and time was getting short, so I ask him again about a doctor, and he gave in to my lack of faith, but I knew he was not happy with me. Well I was given the grace/faith to not go see a doctor. Went to take my drivers test, and my eyesight was great.

Another time I was doing what I am doing now, and had a heart attack. I knew what was happening, and again asked Jesus if I should call for help. Jesus again told me no. I was hurting, and all I could do was pray. This time every thing went back to normal within a half hour. I have had a heart test sense and my heart is great.

Jesus in all these incidences has given me more lessons to trust in his voice, that it is God talking to me, and he has used all of this to teach me to trust in him, that whatever condition I am in, physical or spiritual that it is his will, and it will be done as he wants.

After all the physical events in my life, and the forty some years of living in trust of Jesus taking care of my family and me, it just did not occur to me that there was more to having faith then what was already given to me.

But after praying for faith to move a mountain things started to really get tough.

Last few weeks I was having all sorts of physical problems, and asked Jesus if I needed to see a doctor. Jesus told me no it was just an attack from Satan, and he would take care of my physical problems. Yet the problems continued. Now this has happened to me a number of times, but I was the only one involved, and did not need to explain to others why I was not going to see a doctor.

This time the family knew and not all understood that I would only go to the doctor if Jesus said yes. I am telling you all this, because when I asked Jesus when he would heal me. Jesus told me he could not right then, and I asked him what to do, and he said pray. I prayed for hours, and most of the time was in tongues. Now over a week later all my physical problems are gone.

Let me share something with you. Jesus told me that if I go to the doctor, after he says I don’t need to, and then the symptom would become the problem that the doctor diagnosed.

Jesus let me know that Satan was giving me symptoms, but they were nothing but that. Now to me they were real problems, but they all went away without any help from a doctor.

Some members of my family have a hard time with my trusting the relationship I have with Jesus. They being concerned for my health get very upset when I will not see a doctor. My wife died because she did not trust doctors, because of a sexual abuse by a family doctor. My wife should have gone, and because she did not an infection killed her. What my children don’t understand is my wife never asked Jesus if she should go to the doctor or not. Also Jesus told my wife he was going to come and get her soon. Because my wife knew Jesus was coming for her soon she wrote good-bye notes to everyone in the family. Jesus told her in a tongue that I had, but I did not get an interpretation only she did. She got angry that I did not have an interpretation. Jesus must have told her not to tell me she was going to die soon, but she wanted me to know.
Thank you for your testimony, my condolences for your wife.
We know that faith pleases God, and are promised our healing through Christ.
Never the less Christ could do but a few works in Nazareth, do to their lack of faith.
I believe that God moves accordingly to the measure of our faith, and people sometimes need something physical they can touch to strengthen their faith.
Thomas had to touch Christs wound, Christ used a creative miracle to heal a blind man.
By using spit and mud the man was healed. Could it be Christ knew the man had faith if he applied the mud as a healing medicine? Maybe the man would not receive it by Christ speaking it.
The Centurion had a great faith, he knew Christ could speak his servant to be healed , without Christ going there.
My point is the blind man needed a method he could understand before his faith was full.
The Centurion only needed the name of Jesus.
There is nothing wrong with thinking a doctor will help you as long as you know no matter what you are made whole through Christ. Ultimately we know it is Christ who is our source not man. If you place a burden on yourself by thinking a doctor is a sign of lack of faith, then you believe your faith has been tainted, you have placed your own limitation on Christ. But for someone else who went to doctor, and believed Christ would use the doctor to heal him,
That man would be healed by no conditions on his faith. God bless you and keep his Angels around you.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Now Faith, you may have missed my point. I was not saying that one should not go to a doctor to receive medical help. I do believe God gives us the knowledge to fight illness, and people to be able to acquire that knowledge.

My point was that God is teaching me how to obey, trust, and have faith in that it is Jesus guiding me in everything I do.

I have been having bad pains, and physical symptoms that are suggesting that I have major physical problems. Jesus has let me know that it is Satan attacking me.

Jesus also told me that the problems Satan is giving me would not be real, and would not last. But if I go to the doctor with any of the problems that Jesus tells me he would take care of, then what ever the doctor diagnosed as the problem would be the problem, and I would have to let medicine do what it could for the problem.

Jesus has been telling me that having faith to move a mountain, may just believing that my prayers for some one who has no belief in Jesus will come to believe. The mountain being getting that person to believe.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Word games -

Peter KNEW through the communication of the Holy Spirit that it was God's WILL to to heal the man, and he was obedient to the leading, and spoke the healing to the man that he KNEW that God was going to perform on him.

Simple as that.

If you notice in the Bible, folks don't generally PRAY that God will heal - they simply SPEAK HEALING to the sick. The "Elders" are apparently EXPECTED to be able to pray - NOT the "Prayer of Petition" - but the "Prayer of FAITH" (which KNOWS the result of the prayer before it's witnessed overtly).

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Word games -

Peter KNEW through the communication of the Holy Spirit that it was God's WILL to to heal the man, and he was obedient to the leading, and spoke the healing to the man that he KNEW that God was going to perform on him.

Simple as that.

If you notice in the Bible, folks don't generally PRAY that God will heal - they simply SPEAK HEALING to the sick. The "Elders" are apparently EXPECTED to be able to pray - NOT the "Prayer of Petition" - but the "Prayer of FAITH" (which KNOWS the result of the prayer before it's witnessed overtly).

Hi Bob, you are starting to sound like WOF, by Peter knowing its Gods will for healing. And by Knowing the promises of God , yes and amen.
Peter spoke healing to the man in Jesus name.
Before Pentacost the Apostles we're sent by Christ to minster in the same way.
I am not discounting The Holy Spirit and being led to perform works, but the authority is in the name of Jesus. I don't know if Peter was led by the Spirit in the healing, The Bible does not refer to that. With the in dwelling of the Spirit God is with us always.
It takes faith to receive healing, Disernment Given by the Holy Spirt guides us to all in need and allows the door to be opened for those who will receive .
I belive there are little foxes in belief between the body, and they become rageing Wolves that divide us, and it should not hold back our fellowship.
Two people can read the same verse and become opposed. God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"you are starting to sound like WOF"

Good - all Christrians ARE "Biblical" Word of Faith, and Salvation itself is a "Word of Faith" issue (you say in Faith - nothing doubting - that you ARE a Child of God, and justified by Jesus' sacrifice -

The only "Word of Faiths" I have an argument with are "Metaphysical Words Have power" foolishness, and Confessional presumption.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The question was "How do we apply faith" .

Move forward, keeping your focus on Jesus and spiritual things above. The substance of things hoped for allows you to live with certainty that all things work for good.
Knowing God has saved you and will guide you throughout life gives you strength and confidence to persevere and deal with anything that comes at you. It's not like a talent that you apply, it is a state that you live in.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
"you are starting to sound like WOF"

Good - all Christrians ARE "Biblical" Word of Faith, and Salvation itself is a "Word of Faith" issue (you say in Faith - nothing doubting - that you ARE a Child of God, and justified by Jesus' sacrifice -

The only "Word of Faiths" I have an argument with are "Metaphysical Words Have power" foolishness, and Confessional presumption.

Great post , I haven't known about Metaphysical Words. I take all of Gods Word as my instruction , the only nonsense of late is the secret , pushed by New Age nuts.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Move forward, keeping your focus on Jesus and spiritual things above. The substance of things hoped for allows you to live with certainty that all things work for good.
Knowing God has saved you and will guide you throughout life gives you strength and confidence to persevere and deal with anything that comes at you. It's not like a talent that you apply, it is a state that you live in.

I have to disagree, the reference from Hebrews, does not apply to Romans 8 : 28.

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0