2 Cor 3:6-11 Affirms the Law of God, and the New Covenant where it is written on the heart

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Alright, now you understand that God can change His blessings and not stick to what Balaam said. Plus, you've realized that agreements can change too.

It seems like your resistance to seeing every day as holy, not just the seventh (Romans 14:5), might be because of your church's doctrine or traditions. Maybe you're struggling to align your actions with what the Bible says, like denying yourself, as mentioned in Matthew 16:24. We've discussed how the old Sabbath no longer apply, being replaced by a new covenant, and how Paul referred Sabbath as "today." But it seems like you're more focused on defending what you've said for many years in CF, even if it means distorting the scripture.

Hosea 2:11 "I(God) will put an end to all her exultation מְשׂוֹשָׂ֔הּ (mə·śō·w·śāh): her feasts, New Moons, and Sabbaths—ALL her appointed feasts."​

Here's some advice: Take a moment to calm down and think about whether the beginning of your church aligns with 1 Timothy 2:12, if your doctrines are based on the understanding from 1 Corinthians 13:9-10, and remember that tradition is just human-made rules, as mentioned in Mark 7:7.
I take it you couldn't find what I asked- where is the scripture where God says we don't have to keep the Sabbath commandment. He wrote it with His own finger and blessed the Sabbath day- only He has the authority to reverse. The apostles kept every Sabbath Acts 13:42-44 Acts 18:4 as they were commissioned by Jesus to observe everything He commanded. Mat 28:18-20 as they were God's people and God's people keep God's commandments Rev 14:12

Hosea needs to be read in context; this is God taking back everything from His unfaithful people but it does not say the Sabbath commandment has been abrogated by God for His faithful and righteous people Isa 56:1-6. As it continues forever for God's people Isa 66:22-23 thus saith the Lord.

The Sabbath is a commandment of God Exo 20:6 Exo 20:8-11, not a tradition of man so you need to read Mar 7:7-8 in context to what Jesus is teaching.

Anway, we are too far apart and I don't think we will come to any agreement so I will leave it as I wish you well in seeking Truth to God's Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,419.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have something to say, say and prove it. Right now you are not saying anything.

I am saying the word testament is the correct translation of 2 Corinthians 3:6

Do you need me to prove that the KJV is an accurate translation?

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,760.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I take it you couldn't find what I asked- where is the scripture where God says we don't have to keep the Sabbath commandment. He wrote it with His own finger and blessed the Sabbath day- only He has the authority to reverse. The apostles kept every Sabbath Acts 13:42-44 Acts 18:4 as they were commissioned by Jesus to observe everything He commanded. Mat 28:18-20 as they were God's people and God's people keep God's commandments Rev 14:12

Hosea needs to be read in context; this is God taking back everything from His unfaithful people but it does not say the Sabbath commandment has been abrogated by God for His faithful and righteous people Isa 56:1-6. As it continues forever for God's people Isa 66:22-23 thus saith the Lord.

The Sabbath is a commandment of God Exo 20:6 Exo 20:8-11, not a tradition of man so you need to read Mar 7:7-8 in context to what Jesus is teaching.
Hosea 2:11 discusses both "Sabbaths" and all feasts. The Sabbath Day is a feast in Leviticus 23:2-3. (An old covenant, Deuteronomy 4:13, Hebrews 8:6-7, 13, 2 Corinthians 3:13-14, Isaiah 56:4, Ezekiel 20:12) Hosea 2:18-19 speaks of a new covenant, "betroth you in righteousness and justice" following the removal mentioned in Hosea 2:11.

If you claim that only the detailed rules concerning the Sabbath day have been done away with while the commandment itself remains valid, then, it also implies that customary Sabbath observances like attending church, reading the Bible, or praying are merely human traditions. Consequently, according to Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:7, is vain worship.

Consider the example of Jesus and the Apostles, who indeed attended the temple and synagogues on the Sabbath. However, these places were not dedicated to worshipping Jesus; rather, they were environments where Jesus faced opposition, ultimately leading to his crucifixion. Jesus and the Apostle aimed to challenge the prevailing beliefs and practices of religious leaders. Shouldn't you, then, emulate their approach by extending your efforts to other denominations or idol worshippers where there may be misunderstanding or falsehood during the Sabbath day, following the example set by Jesus and the Apostles? - Even so, that wasn't a commandment regarding keeping the Sabbath holy.

Your many referenced verses do not explicitly state that attending church every Sabbath is a commandment or an example of how to keep the Sabbath day holy. Instead, it is mentioned as a custom (plus to challenge the prevailing beliefs and practices of the religious leaders). When does the Bible ever assert that going to church equates to keeping the Sabbath?

Observing the Sabbath Day today inevitably relies on human teachings, leading to vain worship.

Anway, we are too far apart and I don't think we will come to any agreement so I will leave it as I wish you well in seeking Truth to God's Word.
Your this behavior contributes to the division mentioned in 1 Corinthians 1:10. When unable to justify your position, you label others as confused, persisting in teaching messages that have been disproven. Let's not remain stubborn but instead reflect on Ezekiel 18:21-23, and Isaiah 28:10-13, which highlight the importance of understanding and making connections.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Sabbath Day is a feast in Leviticus 23:2-3.
No. The reason for mentioning the Sabbath between verse 2 and 4 is to make a distinction between them and the Sabbath. Verse 4 starting with the clause these are the feasts shows us where the list begins. Verse 37 and 38 brings this out even more. Whereas verse 37 says again "these are the feasts of the Lord" with verse 38 starting with the word besides. Which brings out a distinction.

Lev 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
Lev 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

Lev 23:37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:
Lev 23:38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hosea 2:11 discusses both "Sabbaths" and all feasts. The Sabbath Day is a feast in Leviticus 23:2-3. (An old covenant, Deuteronomy 4:13, Hebrews 8:6-7, 13, 2 Corinthians 3:13-14, Isaiah 56:4, Ezekiel 20:12) Hosea 2:18-19 speaks of a new covenant, "betroth you in righteousness and justice" following the removal mentioned in Hosea 2:11.
Still changes not the context of Hosea- its about God taking away everything from His unfaithful people, nothing about not keeping the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a blessing for His faithful

Compare to that to the new covenant in Isa 56:1-7 keep what is righteous and justice blessed are those who do not defile the Sabbath they are brought to His holy mountain (heaven)

Isa 56:1 Thus says the Lord:
“Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

6 “Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the Lord, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants
Everyone
who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant

Isa 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.

The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Isa 66:23 “For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the Lord,

“So shall your descendants and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,
says the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

If you claim that only the detailed rules concerning the Sabbath day have been done away with while the commandment itself remains valid, then, it also implies that customary Sabbath observances like attending church, reading the Bible, or praying are merely human traditions. Consequently, according to Matthew 15:9 and Mark 7:7, is vain worship.

Consider the example of Jesus and the Apostles, who indeed attended the temple and synagogues on the Sabbath. However, these places were not dedicated to worshipping Jesus; rather, they were environments where Jesus faced opposition, ultimately leading to his crucifixion. Jesus and the Apostle aimed to challenge the prevailing beliefs and practices of religious leaders. Shouldn't you, then, emulate their approach by extending your efforts to other denominations or idol worshippers where there may be misunderstanding or falsehood during the Sabbath day, following the example set by Jesus and the Apostles? - Even so, that wasn't a commandment regarding keeping the Sabbath holy.

Your many referenced verses do not explicitly state that attending church every Sabbath is a commandment or an example of how to keep the Sabbath day holy. Instead, it is mentioned as a custom (plus to challenge the prevailing beliefs and practices of the religious leaders). When does the Bible ever assert that going to church equates to keeping the Sabbath?

Observing the Sabbath Day today inevitably relies on human teachings, leading to vain worship.

Your this behavior contributes to the division mentioned in 1 Corinthians 1:10. When unable to justify your position, you label others as confused, persisting in teaching messages that have been disproven. Let's not remain stubborn but instead reflect on Ezekiel 18:21-23, and Isaiah 28:10-13, which highlight the importance of understanding and making connections.
Here is Hosea 2:11 in its full context. Its about God taking away everything from His unfaithful people, nothing about not keeping the Sabbath and 4th commandment that is given to bless and sanctify His faithful.

God’s Unfaithful People​

2 “Bring[c] charges against your mother, [d]bring charges;
For she is not My wife, nor am I her Husband!
Let her put away her harlotries from her sight,

And her adulteries from between her breasts;
3 Lest I strip her naked
And expose her, as in the day she was born,
And make her like a wilderness,
And set her like a dry land,
And slay her with thirst.
4 “I will not have mercy on her children,
For they are the children of harlotry.
5 For their mother has played the harlot;

She who conceived them has behaved shamefully.
For she said, ‘I will go after my lovers,
Who give me my bread and my water,
My wool and my linen,
My oil and my drink.’
6 “Therefore, behold,
I will hedge up your way with thorns,
And [e]wall her in,
So that she cannot find her paths.
7 She will [f]chase her lovers,
But not overtake them;
Yes, she will seek them, but not find them.
Then she will say,
‘I will go and return to my first husband,
For then it was better for me than now.’
8 For she did not know
That I gave her grain, new wine, and oil,
And multiplied her silver and gold—

Which they prepared for Baal.
9 “Therefore I will return and take away
My grain in its time
And My new wine in its season,
And will take back My wool and My linen,
Given to cover her nakedness.

10 Now I will uncover her lewdness in the sight of her lovers,
And no one shall deliver her from My hand.
11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease,
Her feast days,
Her New Moons,
Her Sabbaths—
All her appointed feasts.

12 “And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees,
Of which she has said,

‘These are my wages that my lovers have given me.’
So I will make them a forest,
And the beasts of the field shall eat them.
13 I will punish her
For the days of the Baals to which she burned incense.
She decked herself with her earrings and jewelry,
And went after her lovers;
But Me she forgot,
says the Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,419.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would be extremely untrue

You can't

The KJV stated testament in 2 Cor 3:6.

How do you conclude that claim is "extremely untrue"?

Even if you don't regard KJV as an accurate translation, at best you can only say "In my opinion, I disagree with the KJV translation of that verse".

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟389,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The KJV stated testament in 2 Cor 3:6.

How do you conclude that claim is "extremely untrue"?
Context
Even if you don't regard KJV as an accurate translation, at best you can only say "In my opinion, I disagree with the KJV translation of that verse".
That isn’t true either

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,760.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No. The reason for mentioning the Sabbath between verse 2 and 4 is to make a distinction between them and the Sabbath. Verse 4 starting with the clause these are the feasts shows us where the list begins. Verse 37 and 38 brings this out even more. Whereas verse 37 says again "these are the feasts of the Lord" with verse 38 starting with the word besides. Which brings out a distinction.

Lev 23:2 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts.
Lev 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.
Lev 23:4 These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons.

Lev 23:37 These are the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day:
Lev 23:38 Beside the sabbaths of the LORD, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the LORD.
Is it? V2 appears to have been articulated as holy convocation/sacred assembly are feasts. The arrangement of V38 like Numbers 28:9-10, suggesting that if a feast occurs on the seventh day, both actions are required.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,760.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is Hosea 2:11 in its full context. Its about God taking away everything from His unfaithful people, nothing about not keeping the Sabbath and 4th commandment that is given to bless and sanctify His faithful.

God’s Unfaithful People​

2 “Bring[c] charges against your mother, [d]bring charges;
For she is not My wife, nor am I her Husband!
Let her put away her harlotries from her sight,

And her adulteries from between her breasts;
3 Lest I strip her naked
And expose her, as in the day she was born,
And make her like a wilderness,
And set her like a dry land,
And slay her with thirst.
4 “I will not have mercy on her children,
For they are the children of harlotry.
5 For their mother has played the harlot;

She who conceived them has behaved shamefully.
For she said, ‘I will go after my lovers,
Who give me my bread and my water,
My wool and my linen,
My oil and my drink.’
6 “Therefore, behold,
I will hedge up your way with thorns,
And [e]wall her in,
So that she cannot find her paths.
7 She will [f]chase her lovers,
But not overtake them;
Yes, she will seek them, but not find them.
Then she will say,
‘I will go and return to my first husband,
For then it was better for me than now.’
8 For she did not know
That I gave her grain, new wine, and oil,
And multiplied her silver and gold—

Which they prepared for Baal.
9 “Therefore I will return and take away
My grain in its time
And My new wine in its season,
And will take back My wool and My linen,
Given to cover her nakedness.

10 Now I will uncover her lewdness in the sight of her lovers,
And no one shall deliver her from My hand.
11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease,
Her feast days,
Her New Moons,
Her Sabbaths—
All her appointed feasts.

12 “And I will destroy her vines and her fig trees,
Of which she has said,

‘These are my wages that my lovers have given me.’
So I will make them a forest,
And the beasts of the field shall eat them.
13 I will punish her
For the days of the Baals to which she burned incense.
She decked herself with her earrings and jewelry,
And went after her lovers;
But Me she forgot,
says the Lord.
Still changes not the context of Hosea- its about God taking away everything from His unfaithful people, nothing about not keeping the Sabbath. The Sabbath is a blessing for His faithful

Compare to that to the new covenant in Isa 56:1-7 keep what is righteous and justice blessed are those who do not defile the Sabbath they are brought to His holy mountain (heaven)

Isa 56:1 Thus says the Lord:
“Keep justice, and do righteousness,
For My salvation is about to come,
And My righteousness to be revealed.
2 Blessed is the man who does this,
And the son of man who lays hold on it;
Who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And keeps his hand from doing any evil.”

6 “Also the sons of the foreigner
Who join themselves to the Lord, to serve Him,
And to love the name of the Lord, to be His servants
Everyone
who keeps from defiling the Sabbath,
And holds fast My covenant

Isa 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,
14 Then you shall delight yourself in the Lord;
And I will cause you to ride on the high hills of the earth,
And feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father.

The mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Isa 66:23 “For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the Lord,

“So shall your descendants and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,
says the Lord.
The difference lies in how the Sabbath is observed under the new covenant. It's important to stress that we never claimed the Sabbath was abolished, but rather, the manner in which it is observed has changed. If you wish to support your argument, you must show that the method of keeping the Sabbath holy remains unchanged.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The difference lies in how the Sabbath is observed under the new covenant. It's important to stress that we never claimed the Sabbath was abolished, but rather, the manner in which it is observed has changed. If you wish to support your argument, you must show that the method of keeping the Sabbath holy remains unchanged.
No, the burden is on you. Jesus said not one jot or tittle would pass from His law Mat 5:18 because no one is above God. Back to what I asked, which you still haven’t supplied- where did God abrogate His Sabbath commandment.

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,760.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, the burden is on you. Jesus said not one jot or tittle would pass from His law Mat 5:18 because no one is above God. Back to what I asked, which you still haven’t supplied- where did God abrogate His Sabbath commandment.
So, how can one ensure to keep the Sabbath day holy on the seventh day without adding anything beyond what God has commanded or following man-made instruction?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So, how can one ensure to keep the Sabbath day holy on the seventh day without adding anything beyond what God has commanded or following human-made rules?
Follow the scriptures, the scriptures are filled with ways on how to keep the Sabbath day holy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,760.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Follow the scriptures, the scriptures are filled with ways on how to keep the Sabbath day holy.
So, Jesus and the Apostles went to the temple (which was never dedicated to worshipping Jesus) to confront the improper worship of God during Sabbath Day, and now you go to other churches and idol worshippers to teach during the Sabbath? Admirable choice.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So, Jesus and the Apostles went to the temple (which was never dedicated to worshipping Jesus) to confront the improper worship of God during Sabbath Day, and now you go to other churches and idol worshippers to teach during the Sabbath? Admirable choice.
So Jesus reading God’s Word preaching the gospel in the temple Luke 4:16-22 and the apostles praying and also reading God’s Word and preaching the gospel as the example of Jesus Acts 18:3 Acts 13:42-44 is considered improper worship. Sad teaching.

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,760.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So Jesus reading God’s Word in the temple and the apostles praying and also reading God’s word is considered improper worship. Such a sad teaching.
John 4:21“Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

...In temple?...

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟495,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 4:21“Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him. 24God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

...In temple?...
Jesus relates worship to keeping the commandments of God quoting from the Ten Mat 15:3-14- so worship is our obedience to God. The Sabbath is a commandment of God and keeping the Sabbath day holy as the example of Jesus and the apostles is part of our worship to God. We must worship Him in Truth and Spirit- all of God’s commandments are Truth Psa 119:151 and false worship is keeping our own rules over obeying the commandments of God. This scripture doesn’t really help your case. There is no scripture we have to keep the Sabbath in Jerusalem. The apostles kept the Sabbath regardless where they were and even if there was not a church in the area. Acts 16:13

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,760.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus relates worship to keeping the commandments of God quoting from the Ten Mat 15:3-14- so worship is our obedience to God. The Sabbath is a commandment of God and keeping the Sabbath day holy as the example of Jesus and the apostles is part of our worship to God. We must worship Him in Truth and Spirit- all of God’s commandments are Truth Psa 119:151 and false worship is keeping our own rules over obeying the commandments of God. This scripture doesn’t really help your case. There is no scripture we have to keep the Sabbath in Jerusalem.
Jesus said that there's no need to go to a specific place to worship. But then Jesus and his followers went to the temple, which wasn't meant for worshiping Jesus, to address how people were worshiping wrongly, on the Sabbath day. So, if you take that example, you should go to different churches and places where people worship idols to teach them, during the Sabbath day. Otherwise, you're not referencing the scripture correctly.

Upvote 0