Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These men are God's government authorities. As such I must honor them and obey them according to Romans chapter 13 and Titus chapter 3. I don't judge them as government leaders but I let God judge them.

I judge them as Christians however and i do not follow any politician or teacher. I follow Christ and his apostles. I follow scripture and the holy spirit.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,125,802.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mr. Trump is a private citizen, and the courts (who should also be honored) have found overwhelmingly substantial evidence of 91 crimes.

In two states and two federal courts, grand juries of Mr. Trump's peers have been convened and have indicted him--based on presented evidence.

Civil courts in NY have assessed his culpability for sexual abuse of E. Jean Carroll and for tax fraud---with cumulative fines of approximately $525 million. Prior to his presidency, Mr. Trump was found to have operated a false university and assessed a $25 million fine to partially reimburse the duped students.

Mr. Trump, whom you said was previously "God's government authority," was put in that position by fallible humans with poor judgment, and the courts, also an authority, is trying to right the wrongs he has done, including trying to overthrow the very government who should be honored.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mr. Trump is a private citizen, and the courts (who should also be honored) have found overwhelmingly substantial evidence of 91 crimes.

In two states and two federal courts, grand juries of Mr. Trump's peers have been convened and have indicted him--based on presented evidence.

Civil courts in NY have assessed his culpability for sexual abuse of E. Jean Carroll and for tax fraud---with cumulative fines of approximately $525 million. Prior to his presidency, Mr. Trump was found to have operated a false university and assessed a $25 million fine to partially reimburse the duped students.

Mr. Trump, whom you said was previously "God's government authority," was put in that position by fallible humans with poor judgment, and the courts, also an authority, is trying to right the wrongs he has done, including trying to overthrow the very government who should be honored.
It's their business and God's business but not ours. We stay at home and mind our own affairs. We submit to Ceasar in other words.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I agree wholeheartedly, plus this verse from Psalms is important to follow. Most politicians resemble the wicked man described in Psalm 10:2-7, some more so compared to others, such as the guy who has 91 crimes across 4 indictments.

DateApril 18, 2024
VersePsalm 10:2-7 (NIV): In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him; he sneers at all his enemies. He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.
ExplanationThis passage describes the arrogant and wicked behavior of an individual who disregards God and preys upon the weak. The wicked man hunts down and schemes against the vulnerable, boasts about his desires, blesses the greedy, and rejects God's laws.

In modern culture, we can find examples of individuals who embody the wicked man's behavior described in Psalm 10:2-7. These figures might be found in business, politics, or entertainment industries where power and wealth are highly valued. They often use their influence to manipulate, deceive, and harm others for their own gain.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said, Mr. Trump is a private citizen.
We owe him only what he has earned at this point--nothing.
Trump as president is owed my obedience and respect. I owe Trump as a citizen my love by minding my own business and not gossiping about him. And Trump as a brother is a different matter altogether

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree wholeheartedly, plus this verse from Psalms is important to follow. Most politicians resemble the wicked man described in Psalm 10:2-7, some more so compared to others, such as the guy who has 91 crimes across 4 indictments.

DateApril 18, 2024
VersePsalm 10:2-7 (NIV): In his arrogance the wicked man hunts down the weak, who are caught in the schemes he devises. He boasts about the cravings of his heart; he blesses the greedy and reviles the Lord. In his pride the wicked man does not seek him; in all his thoughts there is no room for God. His ways are always prosperous; your laws are rejected by him; he sneers at all his enemies. He says to himself, “Nothing will ever shake me.” He swears, “No one will ever do me harm.” His mouth is full of lies and threats; trouble and evil are under his tongue.
ExplanationThis passage describes the arrogant and wicked behavior of an individual who disregards God and preys upon the weak. The wicked man hunts down and schemes against the vulnerable, boasts about his desires, blesses the greedy, and rejects God's laws.

In modern culture, we can find examples of individuals who embody the wicked man's behavior described in Psalm 10:2-7. These figures might be found in business, politics, or entertainment industries where power and wealth are highly valued. They often use their influence to manipulate, deceive, and harm others for their own gain.
Notice in the Psalms that God's judges them. David called on God to punish the nations.

• Agree
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Notice in the Psalms that God's judges them. David called on God to punish the nations.
Well, remember these 5 things about Psalm 10:2-7. If we want to stand up for the weak, we must stand up against the wicked, though in a fair and just way, such as in a court system.

Applications for Life1. To respond to Psalm 10:2-7 in our daily lives, we should make attempts to be aware of the existence of wicked individuals and their tactics. Recognize that these people exist and that they may try to take advantage of us or others.

2. Maintaining a strong connection with God through faith is crucial in navigating life's challenges. We should stay rooted in our commitment to Him and seek His guidance and wisdom.

3. Practicing compassion towards those who are vulnerable or marginalized is essential. Standing up for the weak and advocating for their rights ensures they are not exploited or taken advantage of by wicked individuals.

4. Living according to God's commandments, especially loving our neighbors as ourselves, is crucial in creating a positive impact on our communities. We should extend kindness and respect to all people, regardless of their background or circumstances.

5. Praying for wicked individuals and their eventual repentance is a vital response to this verse. We should not judge them but instead extend forgiveness and grace as God has extended to us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Additionally, seeking wisdom and guidance from trusted sources like pastors, spiritual leaders, or mentors can provide valuable perspective and insight when dealing with difficult situations involving wicked individuals.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, remember these 5 things about Psalm 10:2-7. If we want to stand up for the weak, we must stand up against the wicked, though in a fair and just way, such as in a court system.

Applications for Life1. To respond to Psalm 10:2-7 in our daily lives, we should make attempts to be aware of the existence of wicked individuals and their tactics. Recognize that these people exist and that they may try to take advantage of us or others.

2. Maintaining a strong connection with God through faith is crucial in navigating life's challenges. We should stay rooted in our commitment to Him and seek His guidance and wisdom.

3. Practicing compassion towards those who are vulnerable or marginalized is essential. Standing up for the weak and advocating for their rights ensures they are not exploited or taken advantage of by wicked individuals.

4. Living according to God's commandments, especially loving our neighbors as ourselves, is crucial in creating a positive impact on our communities. We should extend kindness and respect to all people, regardless of their background or circumstances.

5. Praying for wicked individuals and their eventual repentance is a vital response to this verse. We should not judge them but instead extend forgiveness and grace as God has extended to us through His Son, Jesus Christ. Additionally, seeking wisdom and guidance from trusted sources like pastors, spiritual leaders, or mentors can provide valuable perspective and insight when dealing with difficult situations involving wicked individuals.
Political factions tear each other down. That's not helping anyone. Surely not the weak

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Tell people not to fear the economy, wars or who does anything but to instead trust in God. That helps the weak. Politicians do the opposite

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Tell people not to fear the economy, wars or who does anything but to instead trust in God. That helps the weak. Politicians do the opposite
Trump preyed on the weak by abusing his power (and women) as well as denying global warming, while the far-left prey on the weak as well, spreading lies about "multiple genders", when in reality there are only XX and XY.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump preyed on the weak by abusing his power (and women) as well as denying global warming, while the far-left prey on the weak as well, spreading lies about "multiple genders", when in reality there are only XX and XY.
It's not my business. It's just gossip. The law will deal with people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can not make any comments on that, but what are your thoughts on Biden? Is he better, or worse for our country?
I seek the kingdom of God. Jesus is in control. I'm unconcerned with nations. God judges them.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I seek the kingdom of God. Jesus is in control. I'm unconcerned with nations. God judges them.
Amen to that, but who do you think is more in the wrong, and if you had to pick between the two, which one would you go for? I don't like either of them, but would have to go for the guy who did not commit 91 crimes.

Upvote 0