Northwest US
✟682,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen to that, but who do you think is more in the wrong, and if you had to pick between the two, which one would you go for? I don't like either of them, but would have to go for the guy who did not commit 91 crimes.
Do you really want to make a gentle soul choose sides? She is trying to avoid the fray, not get drawn into it. Pray for her and let her enjoy God's peace.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen to that, but who do you think is more in the wrong, and if you had to pick between the two, which one would you go for? I don't like either of them, but would have to go for the guy who did not commit 91 crimes.
I'm my own chief sinner

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you really want to make a gentle soul choose sides? She is trying to avoid the fray, not get drawn into it. Pray for her and let her enjoy God's peace.
Hey, thank you for this perspective. I agree with you, and do not want to make a gentle soul choose sides. It is honestly good that HopeSings stays away from this worldly stuff such as politics, so you are correct. So, I will pray for him, that he stays far away from politics, and I will pray for myself, that I could reduce looking at political news as well, as politics gives me anxiety.

• Winner
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a man. I guess the name Hope confuses people. Hope got me through difficult things

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a man. I guess the name Hope confuses people. Hope got me through difficult things
Cool. :) I am a guy also (as you can tell from my avatar). Hope always guides us through rough times, and guys can be gentle souls as well.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gentleness is my mission right now
It should be everyone's mission, as stated in Matthew 5:5.

DateApril 27, 2024
VerseColossians 3:12 (ESV): "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience "

Matthew 5:5 (ESV): "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
ExplanationBoth Colossians 3:12 and Matthew 5:5 emphasize the importance of humility, meekness, and other virtues in our daily lives as followers of God.
Colossians 3:12 calls us to put on the character of God's chosen ones, which includes having compassionate hearts, being kind, humble, meek, and patient. This means that as believers, we are to reflect the qualities of God in our interactions with others. In a self-centered world that prioritizes personal gain, these verses challenge us to put the needs and well-being of others before our own. It's easy to get lost in our own desires and ambitions, but Colossians reminds us that as God's chosen ones, we are called to be different. We are called to love others with the same compassion and kindness that God has shown us.

Matthew 5:5, on the other hand, speaks of the blessedness of being meek. Meekness is often misunderstood as weakness or timidity, but it is actually a strength that comes from humility and a deep awareness of our dependence on God. Meekness allows us to receive the blessings of God, including the inheritance of the earth. In a world that values power and personal gain above all else, it can be difficult to embrace meekness. But Matthew 5:5 reminds us that those who are meek will be blessed and rewarded spiritually.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cool. :) I am a guy also (as you can tell from my avatar). Hope always guides us through rough times, and guys can be gentle souls as well.
Gentleness is my mission right no
It should be everyone's mission, as stated in Matthew 5:5.

DateApril 27, 2024
VerseColossians 3:12 (ESV): "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience "

Matthew 5:5 (ESV): "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
ExplanationBoth Colossians 3:12 and Matthew 5:5 emphasize the importance of humility, meekness, and other virtues in our daily lives as followers of God.
Colossians 3:12 calls us to put on the character of God's chosen ones, which includes having compassionate hearts, being kind, humble, meek, and patient. This means that as believers, we are to reflect the qualities of God in our interactions with others. In a self-centered world that prioritizes personal gain, these verses challenge us to put the needs and well-being of others before our own. It's easy to get lost in our own desires and ambitions, but Colossians reminds us that as God's chosen ones, we are called to be different. We are called to love others with the same compassion and kindness that God has shown us.

Matthew 5:5, on the other hand, speaks of the blessedness of being meek. Meekness is often misunderstood as weakness or timidity, but it is actually a strength that comes from humility and a deep awareness of our dependence on God. Meekness allows us to receive the blessings of God, including the inheritance of the earth. In a world that values power and personal gain above all else, it can be difficult to embrace meekness. But Matthew 5:5 reminds us that those who are meek will be blessed and rewarded spiritually.
Amen This scripture refers to all contention even political.

Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Avoid Dissension​

9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second [a]admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gentleness is my mission right no

Amen This scripture refers to all contention even political.

Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, 2 to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. 3 For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Avoid Dissension​

9 But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after the first and second [a]admonition, 11 knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned.
Whew, I guess it is time for me to add Titus 3:1-11 to my Bible analysis, as it is a good verse for all of us Christians (Catholics, Protestants, and everything in between). :)

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟682,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry no harm meant. I had a fifty/fifty chance and I still lost. This is one of the reasons I avoid gambling! :)

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry no harm meant. I had a fifty/fifty chance and I still lost. This is one of the reasons I avoid gambling! :)
We both thought the same thing. Here is a clip from a Star Trek DS9 episode about a 50/50 chance, where a guy named Quark had to defuse a torpedo, and has a 50% chance of cutting the wrong wire, potentially leading to the ship's destruction. He chose the right one.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's fine. It's a girls name in secular society. I'll make it manly because it is for a godly man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟682,717.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here is a clip from a Star Trek DS9 episode about a 50/50 chance
Nice clip, I've always been a Treky. And notice I said a "50/50 chance", a nod to your XY/XX perspective. :) (To which I agree BTW.)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟117,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice clip, I've always been a Treky. And notice I said a "50/50 chance", a nod to your XY/XX perspective. :) (To which I agree BTW.)
Hey, thank you brother. I didn't know that you were a Trekkie, and was 20% worried that you were not gonna get the reference, or enjoy the clip. It is good that we both agree that there are only XX and XY (yes, there are 1 in 500 folks that could have an extra chromosome such as XXY), but that is way less than the number of people born with a normal XX or XY chromosome set that are trans (about 1 in 70). It is sickening how 1/70 people want to rebel against their gender given by God.

1 in 500 with chromosomal defect: One in 500 men carry extra sex chromosome, putting them at higher risk of several common diseases - MRC Epidemiology Unit
1 in 70 Americans 13+ are trans (1.4%, or 1.6 million people): How Many Adults and Youth Identify as Transgender in the United States?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
These men are God's government authorities. As such I must honor them and obey them according to Romans chapter 13 and Titus chapter 3. I don't judge them as government leaders but I let God judge them.

I judge them as Christians however and i do not follow any politician or teacher. I follow Christ and his apostles. I follow scripture and the holy spirit.
I follow Jesus. I have read and continue to read the entire Bible.

And I say this

I do not respect anyone who has not earned my respect. Trump has earned it. He works hard and worked even harden when president. I hear he only sleeps 4 hours a night. Maybe that is excessive but whatever...

He protected us from terrorists and other undesirables who are coming not just from Mexico or eve n S America, but thanks to biden, they come from ALL countries of the world. And many are terrorists, many of them have a criminal record, many are from our enemy China (spies).. some are sex traffickers.

Did you know there are some 80,000 CHILDREN who are not even accounted for? And if I am not mistaken, most of those missing children were missing in the days following biden's inauguration.

Trump would have none of that foolishness and evil. Trump had attorneys working for him to advise him on what is Constitutional and what is not.

One of those things:

The main purpose of govt is to protect the governed.

Trump did that.

Trump is pro life

Voting in November is a no brainer

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟7,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I follow Jesus. I have read and continue to read the entire Bible.

And I say this

I do not respect anyone who has not earned my respect. Trump has earned it. He works hard and worked even harden when president. I hear he only sleeps 4 hours a night. Maybe that is excessive but whatever...

He protected us from terrorists and other undesirables who are coming not just from Mexico or eve n S America, but thanks to biden, they come from ALL countries of the world. And many are terrorists, many of them have a criminal record, many are from our enemy China (spies).. some are sex traffickers.

Did you know there are some 80,000 CHILDREN who are not even accounted for? And if I am not mistaken, most of those missing children were missing in the days following biden's inauguration.

Trump would have none of that foolishness and evil. Trump had attorneys working for him to advise him on what is Constitutional and what is not.

One of those things:

The main purpose of govt is to protect the governed.

Trump did that.

Trump is pro life

Voting in November is a no brainer
It's the office you respect not the man. God judges Trump not us. You can judge him as a brother but not a president. That's God's business.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It's the office you respect not the man. God judges Trump not us. You can judge him as a brother but not a president. That's God's business.
no, it is not merely God's business and I am connected to God anyway, so it's the same thing.

I have no respect for someone who violates the law to allow STRANGERS into our country, leaving Americans vulnerable to crime and fentanyl and terrorism.

And when one who does those things sits in the "office" the office is not exactly respectable either.

One has to EARN respect. You can't be lawless and expect people to respect you.

Upvote 0