Dallas
✟898,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And better yet, the hand that uses rocks to build God's house.

1 Chronicles 28:3

-CryptoLutheran
And the next verse

”Yet, the Lord, the God of Israel, chose me from all the house of my father to be king over Israel forever. For He has chosen Judah to be a leader; and in the house of Judah, my father’s house, and among the sons of my father He took pleasure in me to make me king over all Israel.“
‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭28‬:‭4‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Not surprising that you only want to post the verse that appeared to be a condemnation of David’s actions and not include the following verse that shows God’s approval of David.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟898,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So I will asks you same as I asks others how would you feel if a gun was DIRECTLY used to protect YOU PERSONALLY.
Yeah and calling the police is just calling someone to sin for you if that’s your position.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟898,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not use the same reasoning about ALL guns?
Handguns are marketed to the general public. They are able to be stealthily brought to any public place, and quickly deployed to kill people with a supersonic bullet that the gun can fire over and over again, killing up to 17 people before needing a reload.
Sounds way more sinister than a bulky AR15 that is too big and heavy to conceal.

There's a reason Sarah Brady made it her goal to ban handguns rather than semi-auto long guns.
Nah you can get drum magazines that hold way more than 17. You can get 50 round drum magazines for $80 for several pistols.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟292,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The topic is the AR-15.

The topic, I thought, was "why everyone needs an AR-15"
I didn't watch the vid, but at a guess, maybe it is saying "you need an AR-15 to defend against criminals armed with lesser firearms"

But, since everyone is everyone (and not just the "right" everyones that we'd like them to be, i.e. our friends and the people who think like us), imagine for a moment waking up in a nation where everyone, literally everyone, has an AR-15. ...Once someone fires 1 shot the whole nation goes off like popcorn lol.

Personally, if given the choice between the extremes, I'd rather wake up in a nation where no one had one.

But for the moment, I'm ok waking up in the nation I'm in. The nation of Jiffy-Pop.

Is it getting warm in here?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,960.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, it would not have made any difference in either of those cases. Jesse said "run," and was sadly still killed...that second gained him nothing. Whether the 11 surviving students were saved all within that second (doubtful) or because Adam simply couldn't pull the trigger and aim effectively enough is arguable. Not even an AR-15 is magical.
Here are some more examples.

"I saw the Waffle House employees scatter. Then I looked back and I saw a person laying on the ground right at the entrance of the door," said Shaw, wearing a brown suit jacket and with his right forearm bandaged.

Shaw said he slid from his table and moved toward the door, which the gunman was trying to enter after apparently firing through the glass.

"I'm pretty sure he grazed my arm," said Shaw, 29.

"I kind of made up my mind, because there's no way to lock that door, that if it was gonna come down to it, he was gonna have to work to kill me."

As the shooter was either reloading, or the weapon jammed, Shaw ran and hit him with the swivel door, leading to a scuffle.

"I managed to get him with one hand on the gun, and then I grabbed it from him and threw it over the countertop," before getting the suspect outside, Shaw said.

Jacob later said he thought the gunfire was fire crackers, but as he processed what was happening, he pushed his girlfriend onto a nearby table before falling to the ground; though he didn’t yet know it, he had been shot in the chest.

Chaos erupted as students fled, trying to escape or hide as the assailant continued to shoot — one 17-year-old was struck and killed.

From the floor, Jacob said later that he saw the assailant point a rifle at the head of a female student. The assailant pulled the trigger, but the gun did not fire.

As the assailant attempted to reload his weapon, Jacob got off the floor and ran 20 feet toward the assailant. He tripped and fell, but immediately returned to his feet and charged the assailant. He took the boy to the floor, causing him to drop the rifle. They struggled on the floor and other students joined in to assist Jacob, including his younger brother.

Several people were injured Saturday night after a driver ran his truck into a crowded Hiram restaurant and opened fire, police said.

Eduardo Morales, 34, was arrested after
a group of patrons at the 278 South Bar & Grill detained him while he was trying to reload the gun, the Hiram Police Department said in a statement. A concert was underway at the time, the establishment’s owner told Channel 2 Action News.

“I dove in through the driver’s side window, and when I reached in there, I noticed that he had a pistol and he was reloading and putting another magazine in,” Puerto told Channel 2.” And I grabbed the wrist where he had the pistol. He was putting up a fight and he wouldn’t let it go. I kept elbowing him with my right arm.”

Jared Lee Loughner, the alleged shooter in Tucson, used a 33-round magazine in a murderous rampage. The sheriff says 31 spent rounds were found on the scene.

As we now know, a group of heroic bystanders stopped the shooter by wrestling him to the ground. But
they didn't have an opportunity to intervene until he emptied the magazine and paused to reload.

If the shooter didn't have access to the high-capacity magazine that he used, he would have stopped to reload sooner and lives might have been saved.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I didn't watch the vid, but at a guess, maybe it is saying "you need an AR-15 to defend against criminals armed with lesser firearms"
You might try watching the video; then you wouldn't have to guess. Based on the directions that this thread is going in, I guess that very few have watched the video.

It is wise to hear a matter out before responding.
But, since everyone is everyone (and not just the "right" everyones that we'd like them to be, i.e. our friends and the people who think like us), imagine for a moment waking up in a nation where everyone, literally everyone, has an AR-15. ...Once someone fires 1 shot the whole nation goes off like popcorn lol.
You might wish that you had one when the Chinese start invading.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,486,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might try watching the video; then you wouldn't have to guess. Based on the directions that this thread is going in, I guess that very few have watched the video.

It is wise to hear a matter out before responding.

The Chinese won't have to invade. The US is selling itself to them.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The Chinese won't have to invade. The US is selling itself to them.
I forgot the exact wording of the recent quote; but it was somewhere along the lines of that they will be ready in 2027, and that they won't coddle us like the NAZIs did,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If the shooter didn't have access to the high-capacity magazine that he used, he would have stopped to reload sooner and lives might have been saved.
If more law abiding citizens had been armed; justice would have probably come swiftly.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟292,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Well now, that would be a hearse of a different color, I agree.
Here all this time I had been gearing up for the Mexicans and now there's a switcheroo getting pulled *sigh*
How close are they to Maryland?
Has California fallen yet?

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,960.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I asked earlier in this thread if it was known why the M1911 was developed. I would encourage you to look into that.
And I responded with:
Yes, I qualified with and was issued one when I was in the Army. I'm also a missionary in the Bangsamoro, so I'm very familiar with its history.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟51,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Speaking as someone who grew up in and lives where everyone or nearly everyone without a criminal record has or has access to a firearm, that doesn't happen. For one, a snot could mean someone shot a four or no legged varmint or is target practicing or what sounded like a gunshot isn't. For another, if someone is popping off rounds outside, the last thing you want to do is stick your head out the door.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How close are they to Maryland?
I don't think that it will matter in MD, because I suspect that the fallout from DC will be deadly.
Has California fallen yet?
If I'm not mistaken they were working with the Feds, to do a drill for a nuclear strike, just today.

Strangely, it didn't get much press.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
For another, if someone is popping off rounds outside, the last thing you want to do is stick your head out the door.
I love to frolic about as my neighbors let loose with the full auto, especially when they break out the .50 cal.. The hills are alive with the sound of freedom.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟898,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The topic, I thought, was "why everyone needs an AR-15"

Personally, if given the choice between the extremes, I'd rather wake up in a nation where no one had one.

But for the moment, I'm ok waking up in the nation I'm in. The nation of Jiffy-Pop.

Is it getting warm in here?
Your claim doesn’t actually contain any logical reason for the entire population “popping off like popcorn”. It’s just an exaggerated claim with no logical reasoning behind it as if everyone would start firing their rifles like a bunch of mindless idiots not even knowing why they’re shooting. It’s almost like saying that if someone driving down the freeway were to drive off the road into a ditch every car behind him would do the same thing except people have a brain and the capacity to refrain from following the actions of stupid people. What would actually happen in the real world is first of all people would be extremely careful about firing their weapon in the first place knowing that they’re surrounded by other people with rifles tends to reduce the amount of stupid ideas like robbing and killing people. And in the event somebody does try to they’re stopped really quick as opposed to a society where typically nobody is armed. I mean it’s a lot easier walking thru a grocery store killing everyone you see when they’re unarmed, there’s literally nothing to stop them. But when there’s guns pointed at you from all directions you’ll find that the people who are stupid enough to try it quickly dissipate from the population.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟234,960.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you can share with the class?
M1911A1 .45-CALIBER SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL

During the uprising of the Moro tribes in the Philippines during the early 1900s, it was found that the tribesmen often were not stopped when hit by bullets from the .38-cal. side arms then used by American troops. This lack of stopping power was one of the factors that led to the adoption in 1911 of the .45-cal. semiautomatic pistol as the official military side arm. The .45-cal. semiautomatic pistol was designed and patented by John M. Browning, who was probably the greatest inventor of automatic weapons in the world. The original model 1911 differs only in one detail from the current model 1911A1. The 1911A1 includes an additional safety feature (the grip safety).

Other than this, the operation of the two models is identical.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,107,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
M1911A1 .45-CALIBER SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL

During the uprising of the Moro tribes in the Philippines during the early 1900s, it was found that the tribesmen often were not stopped when hit by bullets from the .38-cal. side arms then used by American troops. This lack of stopping power was one of the factors that led to the adoption in 1911 of the .45-cal. semiautomatic pistol as the official military side arm. The .45-cal. semiautomatic pistol was designed and patented by John M. Browning, who was probably the greatest inventor of automatic weapons in the world. The original model 1911 differs only in one detail from the current model 1911A1. The 1911A1 includes an additional safety feature (the grip safety).

Other than this, the operation of the two models is identical.
The fact of the matter is that they couldn't stop them with their rifles either.

Guess why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0