When did the Church which is Christs Body begin?

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Read Luke 2:41 and , never does it talk about WATER BAPTISM !!
I follow the way they do things in the Anglo churches according to the Book of common prayer. Do you have a problem with the Book of common prayer?

Over 80 million Anglicans worldwide worship each Sunday with their own contextualized versions of the Book of Common Prayer.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I follow the way they do things in the Anglo churches according to the Book of common prayer. Do you have a problem with the Book of common prayer?

Over 80 million Anglicans worldwide worship each Sunday with their own contextualized versions of the Book of Common Prayer.
I keep my study in the BIBLE and believe 1 Tim 2:15 and says , Be diligent to present yourself accepted by God , a WORKMAN having no cause for SHAME , RIGHLY DIVIDING , the Word of TRUTH .

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟221,419.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Out of curiosity, you call yourself a dispensationist but you also say that you are a methodist.

How exactly do you understand the term dispensationalism?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How exactly do you understand the term dispensationalism?
A day is 1,000 years is the most easy to explain. Adam and Eve lived 6,000 years ago. The Neolithic age or era began about 13,000 years ago. People say that the transition from food gatherer to food producer was gradual over a 7,000-year period of time. There are people with Ph.D. degrees in Botany in the Universites of Jerusalem that are experts on how wild plants became domesticated. They do not write very may books, just publish peer-reviewed articles.

If Noah had not saved the plants and animals of Eden, (a biodiverse Ecology) then we would have been back in the food gather stage. We became civilized food produces in Eden in the Tigris Euphrates river valley.

Dispensation means age or era. It represents a period of time. So a day in Genesis is a literal day, also 1,000 years. But a day can also be 6 billion years. Just depends on your explanation.

I live in the Great Lakes. We have 12 feet of muck left behind from when the glaciers melted 12,000 years ago. Actually they are still melting but there was a time when all of that began.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Out of curiosity, you call yourself a dispensationist but you also say that you are a methodist.
My wife is a Methodist and I am inactive in that church. They do not study on this very much and they do not know a lot about it. John Wesley does preach an interesting sermon on the resurrection. He was really the beginning of the Holiness Era. I do not know what their Method is, but they do seem to prosper and God does seem to bless them even if their understanding is a little shallow.

In High School my Biology teacher was a graduate of Harvard and my Ancient History teacher was educated in Germany and was a Holocaust survivor. He lived to be 100. So they really got me going to study History and Science. I find that gives us a lot of understanding of the Bible.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I keep my study in the BIBLE and believe 1 Tim 2:15 and says , Be diligent to present yourself accepted by God , a WORKMAN having no cause for SHAME , RIGHLY DIVIDING , the Word of TRUTH .
I believe the atonement is two fold. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice so we could be reconciled with the Father but also so we could be reconciled with each other. Every now and then Church can be a wonderful time of fellowship and a taste of what Heaven will be like.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the atonement is two fold. Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice so we could be reconciled with the Father but also so we could be reconciled with each other. Every now and then Church can be a wonderful time of fellowship and a taste of what Heaven will be like.
The apostle Paul considers dispensation VERY important and this what the HOLY SPIRIT had him write in 1 Tim 1:4 .

Paul wrote , in 1 Tim 1:3 when I was going into Macedonia , in order that you might CHARGE some NOT TO TEACH different DOCTRINE . The Greek word NOT or NO is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and it means DO NOT TEACH ANY OTHER DOCTRINE , EVERRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Verse 4 , Nor to give attention to FABLES , and ENDLESS GENEALOGIES , which CAUSE QUESTIONS , rather than God's DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIA , THE ONE BY FAITH .

Means you are to study DISPESATIONALISM to be in the FAITH , pure and simple .

And the word DISPENSATION is found in Eph 3"9 , Eph 3:2 , Eph 1:10 , 1 Cor m9:17 and also in Luke 16:2 and3 , BUT is translated STEWARDSHIP .

dan p

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You do not attend a church? The Bible says forsake not the assembling of yourselves.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟604,257.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are mainly three positions in dispensationalism that believe the church began in Acts 2, 9-13, or 28 which is yours, and why?

This will prepare us for a future study. See lessons. The purpose here is not to debate, but rather we all are trying to come to a better understanding of the truth of God's word, so while disagreement is fine, because in that we can learn much from each other's knowledge, this should be the attitude, because none of us has full understanding, and knows all, and like the apostle Paul said ...can understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing
(1Cor. 13:1)
Hi Antonio,

I believe the Church, the called-out ones from Israel and the Gentile nations, began in the heart of God, and then was manifest when the Gentiles received the Holy Spirit. (Acts 10: 44)

Last edited:
Reactions: Antonio39
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do not attend a church? The Bible says forsake not the assembling of yourselves.
I attend an ASSEMBLY / EKKLESIA every Sunday and and never said that id do not , and where did say that did not attend them ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antonio39

Mar 10, 2023
Massachusetts
✟26,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

dan p
dan this what i got so far
The Rev 12. 1-3 sigh is actually the sigh of God's moedim, the appointed seasons, linked with creation, and is In its purest form a sigh of the birth of the new creation over the beast powers of the world, in redeeming unto himself a people worthy. If you look its the dispensation of the fulness of the appointed seasons, God's moedim, we are on cusp of entering the Age of Auqurus, the exalted man above all the aminals (i.e Adam).

GOD is releasing his power like never before that we may extall his glory, like his power through us is actually gonna make us walk holy and blameless like we could never be before, yall where right "we" have been chosen for this time Apostle Paul was talking about us. And that's what it means when it says that we come to the unity of the faith in the acknowledge of the Son of God, acknowledging His sigh and the power he is dispensing for the appointed seasons the moedim, and Paul new this was gonna happen on the cusp of the Age of aquarius he incrypted it in his last letter. “For I am already being poured out as a drink offering [Aquarius], and the time has come for my

departure [Cygnus]. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Do your best to come to me quickly [Pegasus], for Demas, because he loved this world, has

deserted me [Pisces Austrinus]…” (2 Tim. 4:6-7) the stars found in the constellation aquarius

And like I said Paul quotes Isa. Twice in the context of the manchild and birth Isa.26, and 66, in his quotes in eph 5-6

Bashar al-Assa the ruler of Syria who Antioch epiphanies was from as a historical foreshadow literary means "the loin thar brings the gospel"

Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemie

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
the exalted man above all the aminals (i.e Adam).
You must not have a cat because clearly they do not buy into this theory that people are exalted over them.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
dan this what i got so far
The Rev 12. 1-3 sigh is actually the sigh of God's moedim, the appointed seasons, linked with creation, and is In its purest form a sigh of the birth of the new creation over the beast powers of the world, in redeeming unto himself a people worthy. If you look its the dispensation of the fulness of the appointed seasons, God's moedim, we are on cusp of entering the Age of Auqurus, the exalted man above all the aminals (i.e Adam).

GOD is releasing his power like never before that we may extall his glory, like his power through us is actually gonna make us walk holy and blameless like we could never be before, yall where right "we" have been chosen for this time Apostle Paul was talking about us. And that's what it means when it says that we come to the unity of the faith in the acknowledge of the Son of God, acknowledging His sigh and the power he is dispensing for the appointed seasons the moedim, and Paul new this was gonna happen on the cusp of the Age of aquarius he incrypted it in his last letter. “For I am already being poured out as a drink offering [Aquarius], and the time has come for my

departure [Cygnus]. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Do your best to come to me quickly [Pegasus], for Demas, because he loved this world, has

deserted me [Pisces Austrinus]…” (2 Tim. 4:6-7) the stars found in the constellation aquarius

And like I said Paul quotes Isa. Twice in the context of the manchild and birth Isa.26, and 66, in his quotes in eph 5-6

Bashar al-Assa the ruler of Syria who Antioch epiphanies was from as a historical foreshadow literary means "the loin thar brings the gospel"

Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemie

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:

11 That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations; that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
I have to bow out , as I thought the OP was about where the BODY OF CHRIST began ?

It said that there is an ACTS 2 , 9 , 13 AND 28 positions and I believe that many also believe in an Acts 11 position and one said the

B O C began in the GARDEN OF EDEN .

dan p

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ya i was just wanted to show you some of my finding lets keep watch love in christ
So , what is your position as to when the BODY OF CHRIST BEGAN and with verses , that can see and study ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are mainly three positions in dispensationalism that believe the church began in Acts 2, 9-13, or 28 which is yours, and why?

This will prepare us for a future study. See lessons. The purpose here is not to debate, but rather we all are trying to come to a better understanding of the truth of God's word, so while disagreement is fine, because in that we can learn much from each other's knowledge, this should be the attitude, because none of us has full understanding, and knows all, and like the apostle Paul said ...can understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing
(1Cor. 13:1)
I don’t see why the church wouldn’t begin with Christ preaching the gospel during His ministry and people believe Him.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t see why the church wouldn’t begin with Christ preaching the gospel during His ministry and people believe Him.
And , WHO than was the first to enter the BODY OF CHRIST ?

And how did that person placed into the BODY with a verse for my study ?

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And , WHO than was the first to enter the BODY OF CHRIST ?

And how did that person placed into the BODY with a verse for my study ?

dan p
That’s hard to say really. Perhaps Mary, perhaps His brother James, Perhaps John the Baptist. I would expect it would be one of these three who were His first disciples.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟201,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s hard to say really. Perhaps Mary, perhaps His brother James, Perhaps John the Baptist. I would expect it would be one of these three who were His first disciples.
Saul was the FIRST / PROTOS to be saved by GRACE , Acts 9:15 .

Paul was the FIRST one that called Jesus LORD by the HOLY SPIRIT , 1 Cor 12:3 .

Paul say he was the I AM THE FIRST / PROTOS .

And Paul is the PATTERN of the ones coming to BELIEVE ON Him unto everlasting LIFE .

dan p

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟902,534.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Saul was the FIRST / PROTOS to be saved by GRACE , Acts 9:15 .

Paul was the FIRST one that called Jesus LORD by the HOLY SPIRIT , 1 Cor 12:3 .

Paul say he was the I AM THE FIRST / PROTOS .

And Paul is the PATTERN of the ones coming to BELIEVE ON Him unto everlasting LIFE .

dan p
I politely disagree, the apostles were already saved by grace long before they fled to Damascus.

Upvote 0