SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hear is an example: A friend of mine, his name is David, wrote a paper that he said was from God. When I read his paper I felt a small amount of annointing on the words. I knew imediately that not all of the words were from God but some of the words were David's. I began crossing out every word that did not have an annointing on it. David then confirmed that every word that I crossed out was some thing that he had put in because of a reason like "wasn't clear enough" or "I wasn't sure if it was Him or me" etc. The result was a paper with a much clearer message and a more powerful annointing.

Both David and my wife are willing to back up this testimony and I will get you in touch with both of them if you want. Just say the word.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Both David and my wife are willing to back up this testimony and I will get you in touch with both of them if you want. Just say the word."

Good coincidence. Hope you looked at scripture too. :)

Ahh, and my answer to "What does it feel like to you? " and is it tangable are it doesn't feel like anything and its not usually tangable. Its not a feeling I get, nor a shudder up my spine or anything like that.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I would assume that that is because you have never felt the annointing and  would not recognize it if you did.

It seems interesting to me that you would do all this arguing about something that you have no experience with.

And why do you dismiss my story as coincidence.  Do you think I could ramdomly cross out words and by chance identify the truth about someone's heart.  That seems pretty foolish.  I can only conclude that you would except no proof, and that my arguing with you is pointless.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would disagree with you. You assume that it is something you feel, that is not always so. Funny I have God's annointing, I have for quite awhile now thanks, so please don't say I don't.

"Do you think I could ramdomly cross out words and by chance identify the truth about someone's heart."

Would you like to try it? I can write a paper and you can do that exact same thing.

Upvote 0

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I did not say that you don't have any anointing.  Only that you have never felt it.  And therefore lacked experience in feeling the anointing.

as to your idea, I wouldn't mind trying it, but you must know that when David recieved from God, he was just praying and seeking God and he felt God speaking to him.  He was not trying to get a message from God, and it was not some doctrine that he felt was God.  It was something personal.  If I were to do this, I would expect that what you sent would fit within those guidelines.  So have at it.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟575,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"There are two anointings. One is the spirit of Christ within us, that enables us to say "abba", and is the source of our prayer language. "

Really, so there are two huh? can you cite scripture for this please? No interpreation, just scripture. Thanks.

Sure. No problem. But I will do it in a new thread as it is likely to branch to far out of the range of this one.

I will try to start tomorrow.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by SnuP
What is the annointing?

The annointing, as I understand it, is the presense of God manifesting in a variety of ways.  Such as Billy Graham is annointed with the gift of bringing in the lost.  While we all are called to preach, not all of us have the annointing to bring them in in droves, as Billy does. 

The annointing is also known to bring understanding to things that previously there was lack of understanding.  People can be annointed to sing, play instruments, preach, heal, preach, cast out demons, etc.

One of the Pastors in my church is annointed to cast out demons.  Almost, where ever he goes they manifest.  In public places.  And he deals with them as necessary.  While I have the authority to cast out demons, I am not annointed for doing it.  At least not at this time.

What does it feel like to you?

I feel the annointing when I sing.  Especially, when it's prophetic.  It's like a heavy blanket.  A warm heavy blanket.  When the Lord first started using me in this way, there was the compulsion to speak.  And when I stepped out, one leg would shake so much that I would have to hold on to something to remain standing.  I believe that response in my flesh was just me being awe-struck with what God was using me to do.  I have not noticed those reactions lately though.  Now, I just know, I let the Pastor know, he gives me the microphone and I step out and go.

What is its purpose?

I think it's purpose is to show us how much God loves us.  It shows us how much greater things work under His annointing instead of our own flesh and mind efforts.  God calls us and then gives us His power to accomplish it. 

Is it tangible?

?  I can sometimes see it.  Sorta like a mist or the room is much brighter.

[BHow do you know what you feel is really it? [/B]

Practice.  It's happened enough to where I know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I began crossing out every word that did not have an annointing on it.

Every child of God should be able to do that. Before we can do anything we should be able to discern what is of God, what is of the devil and what is of man.

The Bible says that under grace the most frail among us shall be as David. Jesus said that there was no one greater than John the Baptist, but he who is least in the Kingdom of God is greater then him.

Our hour has come and we need to carry on the work, just as they did in their day. Only our work will be greater, simply because we have more people to witness to. There are more people alive today then what was alive when Jesus walked the earth.

At the time, according to government records, there were about 300 million. Now there are 6 billion people alive & in need. The total estimated number of people who have lived up to this point of time is said to be about 100 billion.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I did not say that you don't have any anointing.  Only that you have never felt it.  And therefore lacked experience in feeling the anointing. 

Under the law the Spirit of God would come upon people but it was rare for people to be filled with the Holy Spirit of God.

Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a requirement if a person is to be used by God. If a person is not Filled with the Spirit, they simply do not represent God in terms of the great commission.  

That does not mean they are not saved. There were people saved before the day of pentacost and before the Holy Spirit of Grace was poured out.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"There are two anointings. One is the spirit of Christ within us, that enables us to say "abba", and is the source of our prayer language. "

Really, so there are two huh? can you cite scripture for this please? No interpreation, just scripture. Thanks. 

There are really just to many to list them all. You can go to an online Bible and use the search words "spirit" & "upon". Compare those scriptures with a search using the words: "spirit" & "filled".

This should give you a clear indication of the difference between when the Holy Spirit of God comes upon someone and when they are filled with the Spirit.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by LouisBooth

"When tongues of fire fell in the upper room there was no scripture reference for that experience. "

Umm..yeah there was, Christ himself told them to go and wait for it. That's scripture :)

John the Baptist also gave prophecy:

Luke 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SnuP

A son of the Most High
Jul 22, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The baptism of the Holy Spirit gives people a sensitivity in the spirit realm that they had not know before. Mainly because it seperates the soul and the spirit. The distinctions between the two become great, where before they seemed to share everything. Now your spirit know when God is around because it state to screem Abba. On of my friends said that the first words that she spoke in tongue were "bah ah bah ah", which accually is abba. Isn't that wonderful, I can ammagine what kind of joy she felt when she discovered this.

Upvote 0

BaMerz

Jul 4, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
✟129.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by hobart schmedly
I have known people who after their first touch of the Spirit absolutely fell flat on their spiritual faces because they started to walk by that experience rather than by the faith that brought it. If we never feel anything again, the word is still true to us and He is still here. He will never leave us or forsake us regardless of what we feel or do not feel.

While this is quite true, may I add that, on occasion, I have also felt a shivering that I could not control.  And this is always while I am sharing or witnessing or just praising Him with someone else.  Of course, I would be a fool to build my entire faith on those or any experiences, but they have been blessings nonetheless.  And as another poster has pointed out, they do seem to happen when the other person is particularly receptive to the Word.

May we forever praise His holy Name.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.