What do you think the reasons are for Jesus saying (Mt 7, Lk 13) that few make it to Heaven? poll

What are the reasons for Jesus saying (Mt 7, Lk 13) that few make it to Heaven?

• 1 People get comfortable in the world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 People don't fight their sexual desires well or at all

• 3 They believe it is easy to get into Heaven despite Christ's Words

• 4 Lack of charity

• 5 Shunning the needy, refusing to help them (Mt 25:31)

• 6 Not going to Church

• 7 Not praying often enough

• 8 Taking serious sin lightly

• 9 Satan is more powerful than us humans, "can't win"

• Total voters

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
What do you think the reasons are for Jesus saying (Mt 7, Lk 13) that few make it to Heaven?

This saying of Jesus about how few make it is often overlooked, it seems.

Actually, many scriptures seem to be overlooked because I don't recall pastors or priests discussing some of these kinds of "scary" psgs. There is the one where people are attempting to enter Heaven but cannot because they are "not strong enough." But as per many psgs, there is no explanation given or elaboration.

There's the passage about how not everyone who says Lord, Lord will enter. Then there is the one where Jesus says "Depart from me, all you evildoers, I never knew you." I believe that is Lk 13:24?

"You evildoers"!

What is scariest of all is that we are all evildoers aka sinners.

"What can wash away my sin [and its residue]? Nothing but the Blood of Jesus"

Last edited:

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I've noticed, esp on other forums that most people seem to utterly DESPISE the homeless. But I think of Mother Teresa's words about seeing Christ in the "distressing disguise of the poor."

In one of the few passages where Jesus mentions "eternal punishment" it is made clear that people inherit such a punishment due to their lack of CARING for the needy.

So that is probably a big reason most people end up in Hell. Mt 25:31

An interesting parable Jesus told about a homeless man is

Lk 16:19

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
In one of the few passages where Jesus mentions "eternal punishment" it is made clear that people inherit such a punishment due to their lack of CARING for the needy.
BEtter bone up on your research.
The ones that lived in orphanages and hospitals that mt claimed credit for
stated quite plainly she did not care at all for them, and would not even give a tylenol when one was i pain - she and the other nones said "suffering is God's Way for you, " so no pain reliever.
There is much more that was published after her death, and it it all horrible !

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What is scariest of all is that we are all evildoers aka sinners.
Some few WERE once subjects of the devil, but are no longer subjects of the devil with the rest of the world,
rather set free from the devil's power
as written in
Scripture and the life that we now live is not our own,
but by faith in the son of God who loves us and gave Himself for us.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bible Gateway passage: Ephesians 2 - New International Version

"As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins,

in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air,

the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh[a] and following its desires and thoughts.

Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath."

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,594.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
14 It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” 15 And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16 The number of the mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand. I heard their number.
17 The horses and riders I saw in my vision looked like this: Their breastplates were fiery red, dark blue, and yellow as sulfur. The heads of the horses resembled the heads of lions, and out of their mouths came fire, smoke and sulfur. 18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths. 19 The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.
20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood—idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
Read full chapter

Revelation 8

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation 10&version=NIV

Upvote 0